Refused to pay for Thai gf's flight to Europe and now she's mad. Am I being unreasonable?

fitfalang

Not sure here.. i mean i also have shared cost with the gf. However a trip to Europe would be fun for you and if she is doing it just for you then why should she pay. You want her to visit Europe and such. I know that I always pay for tickets, its not her fault my family lives in Europe.

So she pays your return ticket to Thailand biggrin.png As it is not your fault that she lives in Thailand.

(I guess that argument can't be won, hahahaha)

Op, I like your style. Don't give in. thumbsup.gif

She doesn't want to dish out her goods for nothing. Not saying she's a ho, but a swathe of 'non-working' girls think like that here. Offer to go halves on her ticket.

If she starts comparing with her friends, I'd nip that in the bud real quick or tell her to go and find one of those rich guys. If you don't, you won't have a happy relationship. Better off without all that crap than a life of her always alluding she's unlucky. Either that or tell her you can find yourself a rich Thai lady that won't have the ignominy of letting her many buy her a ticket.

• Like 1

robblok, on 06 Jan 2015 - 14:31, said:
ATF, on 06 Jan 2015 - 14:27, said:

So if you're such hot stuff why bother with this girl? Or do they get back to your bedsit and do a 180?

ATF, not sure how old you are but don't you remember how easy it was to get girls when you were still young ? Young guys really don't have to pay for it back home. It was quite normal to score a girl for the night in the weekends or to get a gf that paid too.

I think your focusing too much on Thailand right now where you can get girls even if old and ugly as long as you pay.

The guy can love this girl and be happy with her who says he needs to have a girl from back home. Some guys (me included) like Asians and they are not always that abundant.

Yes I remember it vividly and they all left me for rich guys.

Never had those problems when I was younger, things were easy back home. Not to mention how easy it was when you would go on a holiday to Spain. Anyone not getting girls when younger must have had some serious problems. I am of course talking of people in my generation. Might have been harder in other generations though the 70ies should be easy too with all that flower power ect.

But living at home did make things a bit harder for casual sex that is true. (talking here 16-24) or so. Later when i got my home smile.png

Edited by robblok

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The flight is a test if you can't pay for that, what can you pay for?

Every woman wants to know a man can provide whether she needs it or not.

Do a few shifts at McDonalds to pay for the flight.

Lol I think it's the opposite. This is a test for her, if she will spend her own money she can prove to me that she's not one of the typical farang hunters looking for someone to support herself. I don't care about spending my money, but its more about the principle and testing how much she is willing to sacrifice for the trip.

If she has a salary at a similar level to a (UK?) student loan then she hardly has the money to be jetting around on European holidays. Did she get her visa already?

Not UK no, we both ger around 30k/month

Exactly. How much hot pussy are you going to get in the UK for 500 Quid?

I'm not from the UK but have been there quite a few times. Paying for pussy in the UK? lol! You would have to have something really wrong with your face to not find it for free in the UK. One of the easiest places in Europe thanks to their slutty drunk clubbing culture.

True enough that the local girls throughout the UK are disgusting and have been even since I was young, but lots of foreigners now so give it another look. Australia used to be a wasteland before they started taking in more immigrants and now it's almost a place worth visiting.

I'm not from the UK but have been there quite a few times. Paying for pussy in the UK? lol! You would have to have something really wrong with your face to not find it for free in the UK. One of the easiest places in Europe thanks to their slutty drunk clubbing culture.

youre proposing that she take time off without pay and spend a months salary for a ticket as well? does she really want to see europe in winter that bad? or is it you that wants to see her?

Good point it cost her more as just a ticket.. also no pay (Thais don't have many holiday days).

No she would get paid annual leave combined with public holidays, so no loss of earnings.

C'mon, give the girl a break. She's leaving a place where lunch costs 50 baht for a place where it costs 500 baht. Surely you can't be this selfish and obtuse.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just out of curiosity why do you want a Thai girl, when you live on the other side of the world?.

Just the yellow fever I guess. Don't mind farangs either, but I'm moving to Thailand this year.

This is going to be a judgmental post so bare with me.

Firstly, you read Thai visa and then decided to paint all Thai women with the same brush? And there is nothing more revolting than always paying 50/50. I mean do you never say I really enjoyed your company today and just pick up that check bin without thinking? I actually find Thai women very generous when you display generosity towards them. On the first couple of dates I paid a few meals and one month later I am living in her townhouse, using air con and internet without ever paying a single baht. She doesn't want it so I pitch in other ways.

50/50..... God she probably hates your guts.

No I mean after reading Thai Visa I learned to be careful with Thai girls. I don't paint them all with the same brush, many legit ones out there!

And with 50/50 I dont mean that we literally pay for everything 50/50. Just sometimes I pay the bills and sometimes her, so overall it turns out pretty equal.

bros something is wrong here...if you want to take your partner to europe it is not just the flight...you have to proof for her....medical insurance....place to stay...reason to come back...otherwise no visa...

and to the young chap: kee nieaw...

Never thought of that but you are 100% sure, last august when we went to Holland needed to get medical insurance and someone needed to guarantee cost of staying.

You have to arrange that all before leaving, however it could be that the guy was still in the planning stage.

Pay up. Life is a gamble. Some you win, some you lose; no matter where you are and what you are doing. I lost far more, time and money, dating farangs.

Look at the odds. Even if it doesn't work out, she will remember the good times in Europe with a kind gent.

And if it does work out, well..................

Thai ladies expect the men to pay. How many Thai couples have I seen in 7/Eleven and it is always the lady holding her hand out then talking on the expensive smartphone (probably on HP) and the Thai guy on his old bike. This is the culture here. It was the same in Europe 50 years ago. Now the ladies can work here but still expect a second source of income that has legs, known as the walking ATM.

Thai ladies expect the men to pay. How many Thai couples have I seen in 7/Eleven and it is always the lady holding her hand out then talking on the expensive smartphone (probably on HP) and the Thai guy on his old bike. This is the culture here. It was the same in Europe 50 years ago. Now the ladies can work here but still expect a second source of income that has legs, known as the walking ATM.

What i have seen in gfs family (they have Thai husbands) is that both work and income used for the family. Novel concept probably. They tell me its normal among Thais.

Does she charge you for all the sex she gives you.

I think not.

PAY THE FARE.

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Bridge2Bridge: What kind of stone aged statement is that? You really need to get wit the times man. What about he sex he's giving her? She doesnt have fun?

OP: Dont pay for that ticket. You'll be sorry.

What i have seen in gfs family (they have Thai husbands) is that both work and income used for the family. Novel concept probably. They tell me its normal among Thais.

When you say family do you mean her family, as mostly the responsibility to pay for the parents are on the daughters that grow up to be wives etc. I also think it makes a lot of difference if the man is Thai or not as many Thai ladies just think our governments give us money (pension) but also when we are younger. So many are uneducated and want to believe it anyway, as a friend of mine says one step out of the jungle, remember most Thais have never been outside of Thailand!

Thai culture (and most others as well) rule that the person who invites, pays. If you invited her then she thinks you should pay. It is not an unreasonable viewpoint. If she asked if she could come & you said "yes" some time back without checking if she intended to pay then that is a bit remiss of you for not checking & also remiss (and inconsiderate) of her for assuming you would if she invited herself.

How did she get a Visa for europe ,the old saying no money no honey ,of course you pay for her ,man up join the real world ,you should not be playing with thai ladies ,they can be very dangerous ,western student ,best stay with western student ,i would say she will find someone that will be more than happy to pay for her if she looks good ,thats does not seem to matter these days ,life is all a deal

Suggest to her to fly to Australia for a start. Air Asia X is not that expensive. If I am a Thai I would stash out so much money just for a trip to Europe.

Yes but Australia is very expensive once you are there, although with the falling Aud maybe not so bad as it was.

But why would you go there if he is from Europe and can't afford a ticket for her to go to Europe.

Is this an Aussie thing us Europeans don't get.

I have lived in OZ great place.

When you say family do you mean her family, as mostly the responsibility to pay for the parents are on the daughters that grow up to be wives etc. I also think it makes a lot of difference if the man is Thai or not as many Thai ladies just think our governments give us money (pension) but also when we are younger. So many are uneducated and want to believe it anyway, as a friend of mine says one step out of the jungle, remember most Thais have never been outside of Thailand!

When i say family I mean that the Thai lady and her husband and kids. Meaning that the thai lady and her husband share the cost of their own family (him her and kids). To be honest this is the most common thing to see among Thais. Both working and both paying for their own family (wife, hubby and kid.. not paying for parents on either side).