Baht Bus Drivers Publicly Urinating in Droves

Jingthing

wai2.gif I think this is my first baht bus thread of 2015!wai2.gif

Anyway, by pure coincidence tonight my baht bus driver Jomtien to Pattaya stopped on the hill to take care of things and on the way back I spied FOUR (count 'em) FOUR stopped baht buses with drivers backs to the road.

I never really thought about this topic before ... sure it happens sometimes, but tonight was baht bus driver public urination on steroids, dudes.

So, some questions.

Is public urination actually LEGAL in Thailand?

These guys certainly weren't stealth. Not saying they should be, but just asking.

Years ago a friend of mine actually got sent to JAIL for pissing in an alley in San Francisco (seriously, that was all) and I've heard sometimes such offenders even get labelled as registered sex offenders.

Now, that is horrible, and clearly Thailand's laws aren't INSANE like that.

But still curious.

Legal or not? (Technically)

did they make you pay the full 10thb?

Well, it didn't occur to me to ask for a pit stop discount if that's what your asking.

I noticed when my driver stopped most everyone pulled out their mobiles (including me).

Apparently that's the polite reaction to such events (nothing's happening here ...whistling.gif ).

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

JT, as the driver didn't wash his hands, hope you had the correct money to pay him and didn't wait for any change.

And promise.........no peek.......eh?

Possible they were taught how to pee without getting it all over their hands...tongue.png

Well, just tonight on my way back home in Wong Amat, I saw one of the taxi drivers parked in front of the fabulous Centara Mirage take a leak on the lamp post near his taxi. I'm thinking, jeez, there is going to be a stink there before long as I'm sure this was not a one-off event. I wonder what the resort would have to say about it....

Well, just tonight on my way back home in Wong Amat, I saw one of the taxi drivers parked in front of the fabulous Centara Mirage take a leak on the lamp post near his taxi. I'm thinking, jeez, there is going to be a stink there before long as I'm sure this was not a one-off event. I wonder what the resort would have to say about it....

Well if you're going to take a leak, might as well have the finest ambiance. wink.png

They used to stop on Pattaya 2 Road across from the SCB and pee and poop. Walking back from the gym to VT-6 used to stink from their waste. Now I don't know where they go, but look at what the Russians did years ago and qued up in the 2nd Road MacDonalds to just pee and the Brits were yelling RUDE RUSSIANS. Maybe now the drivers found a place to pee and poop.

JT, obviously you don't venture much past Boonkanjana on Jomtien 2nd Road. You'll see multitudes of baht baus drivers, mosai taxi drivers, and members of the general public taking a pee in the bushes. All perectly natural. I confess to doing it myself on a number of occasions although I don't think I'd do it anywhere near a built up area - I'm bashful blink.png

But I mean let's face it, how many publicly accessible toilets are there in Jomtien/Patts unless you're a customer of a particular establishment.

Once riding down Rhompo Road I had a case of my bowels telling me I had no more than 15 seconds to locate a convenience or they would evacuate themselves regardless. I screeched to a halt, ran into an unfamiliar bar and yelled out Jae-dee Goak as I sprinted past the staff (still wearing my crash helmet) and bee-lined for the toilet.

The girls were most understanding and the drink was waiting for me when I came out - still wearing my helmet.whistling.gif

• Like 1

I screeched to a halt, ran into an unfamiliar bar and yelled out Jae-dee Goak as I sprinted past the staff (still wearing my crash helmet) and bee-lined for the toilet.

'..screeched to a halt'

:D :D

But what does bee-lined mean, please? Does it mean flying like a bee? Dont thinks so, bees are slow

I was in Holland and they are pissing all over the place there.

Must be all that Heineken?

True dat.

In the freakin' CANALS no less!

The only difference with Thailand is, that you will be fined if caught..........Euro 100 or THB +/- 4,000

In Thailand you will only get fined if the urination-activity bothers other people and be honest.........who is really bothered apart from JT? whistling.gif

True dat.

The only difference with Thailand is, that you will be fined if caught..........Euro 100 or THB +/- 4,000

In Thailand you will only get fined if the urination-activity bothers other people and be honest.........who is really bothered apart from JT? whistling.gif

Did I say I was bothered?

True dat.

Did I say I was bothered?

Ok hot and bothered. ..