50 Pattaya Beach Prostitutes arrested by Pattaya Police

webfact

50 Pattaya Beach Prostitutes arrested by Pattaya Police

beach-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In an ongoing effort by Police to improve the image of Pattaya, especially to foreign tourists, 50 Women and Ladyboys suspected of being prostitutes were rounded up on Pattaya Beach in the early hours of Thursday.

The officers, assisted by Pattaya Police Volunteers, began at the Northern end of Pattaya Beach and made a clean sweep of the entire promenade until they arrived at the start of Walking Street. At this point they had truckloads of detainees who were taken to Pattaya Police Station.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/163488/50-pattaya-beach-prostitutes-arrested-by-pattaya-police/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-08

• Like 1

This is incredible bullshit. If they really think that for improving the image of Pattaya they need to round up prositutes, then they should do it not only in the beach but in the Walking street and other bars too. But they stopped just before the start of the Walking Street. That's what the article says very clearly. To me it speaks that they are not fighting with the prostitutes but with the freelancers. This I call corruption and this is why I have no respect to police.

This is just supporting bars, so they get more barfines. Police should arrest drugdealers instead but then they lose income I guess. every single day I am offered drugs on the beach. They do nothing. And ladies are stupid too. They are not breaking any law by standing on the beach. It is incredible hypocricy here in thailand..

And I really don't understand how one improves the image of the Capital of Prostitution by rounding up prostitutes. If they really stop the prostitution here one day, then they stop the bars and hotels and restaurants and schools and everything. Then they can bring the fishing nets out again...

What you say is totally true but everyone expects prostitutes to be working in the bars. For regular tourists the line up of prostitutes along Beach Rd gives a very bad impression. When I stayed in South Pattaya I liked to walk along the beach after dinner but not any more. I stay in Jomtien now which is far more comfortable for me. The Walking Street is one big bar area; I noticed some good restaurants there have disappeared,

I was wondering about the below sentence. What are they fining them for, if there is no crime?

<Police powers are limited unless evidence is available to confirm any of the detainees have committed a crime>

This is incredible bullshit. If they really think that for improving the image of Pattaya they need to round up prositutes, then they should do it not only in the beach but in the Walking street and other bars too. But they stopped just before the start of the Walking Street. That's what the article says very clearly. To me it speaks that they are not fighting with the prostitutes but with the freelancers. This I call corruption and this is why I have no respect to police.

This is just supporting bars, so they get more barfines. Police should arrest drugdealers instead but then they lose income I guess. every single day I am offered drugs on the beach. They do nothing. And ladies are stupid too. They are not breaking any law by standing on the beach. It is incredible hypocricy here in thailand..

And I really don't understand how one improves the image of the Capital of Prostitution by rounding up prostitutes. If they really stop the prostitution here one day, then they stop the bars and hotels and restaurants and schools and everything. Then they can bring the fishing nets out again...

What you say is totally true but everyone expects prostitutes to be working in the bars. For regular tourists the line up of prostitutes along Beach Rd gives a very bad impression. When I stayed in South Pattaya I liked to walk along the beach after dinner but not any more. I stay in Jomtien now which is far more comfortable for me. The Walking Street is one big bar area; I noticed some good restaurants there have disappeared,
on the contrary, i see it as publicity for Pataya. For me it is part of the attraction. Unless you are a Mormon...and, as pointed out in a previous thread, how police can proof they are prostitutes? As also stated previously, the round up will please the bar owners.

This is just supporting bars, so they get more barfines. Police should arrest drugdealers instead but then they lose income I guess. every single day I am offered drugs on the beach. They do nothing. And ladies are stupid too. They are not breaking any law by standing on the beach. It is incredible hypocricy here in thailand...

Because bars pay taxes , fees, donations and build police boxes .

Beach girls pay nothing ;)

• Like 2

This is just supporting bars, so they get more barfines. Police should arrest drugdealers instead but then they lose income I guess. every single day I am offered drugs on the beach. They do nothing. And ladies are stupid too. They are not breaking any law by standing on the beach. It is incredible hypocricy here in thailand...

"they should do it not only in the beach but in the Walking street and other bars too."

The point here is that the girls soliciting on the streets are committing an offence, the girls dancing in bars are not. What the go-go dancers do after they leave the bar they work in is up to them, it's not the responsibility of the bar owners.

"They are not breaking any law by standing on the beach."

They are, soliciting and loitering are offences.

• Like 2

I guess the gogos and bars might have complained. Freelancers are a serious threat to their business

What is hanging around under the trees on beach road, a serious threat to gogo's? I suggest you take a read of the cheapest eyeglasses thread.

I guess the gogos and bars might have complained. Freelancers are a serious threat to their business

What is hanging around under the trees on beach road, a serious threat to gogo's? I suggest you take a read of the cheapest eyeglasses thread.

I thought it was obvious, read the numerous threads about beach road.