Parents of Adam Pickles attacked in Pattaya appeal decision to acquit his attacker

webfact

...still better than the Michael Jackson fiasco where everyone in that courtroom knew he was guilty but he still walked out a free man.

Everyone? All 13 jurors were unanimous and the only supposed witness admitted he 'lied in a deposition for a civil lawsuit against J.C. Penney and Tower Records in which the family received a settlement of $152,000'.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So a cowardly thug is going to get away with it ? These are the people testicular cancer was designed for - sadly nature doesnt always answer my prayers.

Maybe it does and you will get it?

Reported background on the attacker Tinsley (http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2014/08/frustration-over-attempted-murder-of.html)

"[He] used to run the ‘Visa Shop’ in Pattaya and is understood to have had a close relationship with local police and immigration police.

Several of his clients were arrested and had to pay ‘heavy fines’ of 200,000 baht each after they bought visas off Tinsley in and around 2007. Passports were initially sent to Phuket for stamping.

Later [he] allegedly switched his operations and started sending passports to the Thai Consul in Cardiff who seemed to stamp anything and everything. These passports were then sent back to Pattaya. However the visas were useless as the holders of the passports did not contain entry stamps to Thailand, which is what finally authorises visas issued abroad. When the holders started leaving the country they began being picked up at the airport by Immigration police. No cases were however brought against Tinsley."

So a cowardly thug is going to get away with it ? These are the people testicular cancer was designed for - sadly nature doesnt always answer my prayers.

Normally i agree with your comments,but i am a survivor of testicular cancer,and i think you could have worded that better.Have a think before you put things into print.

I apologise unreservedly to anyone who was offended by my comment - I believe you know it wasnt aimed at the people who have cancer or any other illness. I stopped going in for a checkup (prostate etc) when I was diagnosed with early stage Parkinson's - having seen what it did to my father I wont be hanging around for the 'palliative care' discussed in this Wikipedia entry. Well done on beating the big C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_disease

Well done for the apology. People can be understandably sensitive when suffering from cancer or a chronic condition. I wish you all the best with your own personal life.

I looked after my father for 17 years, he had Parkinson's but soldiered on and passed away at age 85.

Money would be better spent on old-fashioned justice. An eye for an eye.

Are you advocating Sharia law?

Great idea. Sentence him under Sharia law. When do we start?

I think you need to think again. There is no so called Justice with Sharia law. If he was given the punishment that a 13 year old girl got that was gang raped, then he may get the punishment that you believe he deserved. http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=33098 But in reality, as I am against capital punishment, it still would be too harsh.

Edited by aussiebrian

Some years ago when I first arrived there was a case in Phuket where British and American men, both Moi Thai students had a fight. The American won but the Brit went followed him home with a knife and killed the America, or at least that was the story in the paper. The Brit ran for the border. There were several reports on efforts to extradite the British man back to Thailand for trial. I would love to see BKK Post and/or ThaiVisa do follow up stories on this kind of well known case in the pattern of "Where are they now?" I'd like to know the bad guys are sitting in a jail somewhere. I would be comforted by knowing that. I often feel greater fear of hopped up farangs I see at times than I do Thais.

Lee Aldhouse was extradited to Thailand,had his day in court and is now serving 25 years in Thai jail http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/685019-phuket-court-gives-pitbull-lee-aldhouse-25-years/

Obviously the coward who did this and knows the Thai legal system and how to work it to his advantage. Just a shame Adams parents had no way of knowing they needed to buy justice here.

Farang on farang cases are win-win-win cases for police, prosecutors and judges and their bank accounts.

The bizarre case of the murder of Gary Poretsky springs to mind.

Yeah, the Australian retard who shot him in the chest and then in the head should be out by now, he got only three years for the murder and another year or so for having the gun. Whatever happened to him? Or did he die in prison (I hope)? Anybody know whatever happened to him?

The sub-human was released with a general amnesty and "repatriated" to Oz after paying the victim's girfriend and his guilty plea had already seen his 4 year sentence halved to two.

Report is http://www.festerlivenewsudonthani.com/fester-live-udon-thani/2010/06/outrage-as-amnesty-deportation-for-chiang-mai-killer.html

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

who si this cowardly son of a bitch tinsley and where does he come from? bringing his violent cowardly behavior to thailand is a no no. luckly he was not shot! go back home you bastard,

I know this man and the facts of this case don't believe everything that is put in the papers there was NO iron bar involved

who si this cowardly son of a bitch tinsley and where does he come from? bringing his violent cowardly behavior to thailand is a no no. luckly he was not shot! go back home you bastard,

I know this man and the facts of this case don't believe everything that is put in the papers there was NO iron bar involved

So the injuries were caused by a feather duster!! Yeah, right.

As I recall, at the time of the incident, there were many posts on various Pattaya boards (including ThaiVisa, since deleted) coming out with some disgraceful personal attacks on Pickles. These were obviously orchestrated by this reprobate and his connections.

Linking yourself with this guy perhaps speaks volumes of your own character.

Very clever. It was a wheel brace not an iron bar. Nice use of semantics. Unfortunately for the victim, Adam Pickles, being hit on the head with a wheel brace rather than an iron bar has identical results.

• 9 months later...

From the campaign Facebook page:

Sean Tinsley has been found and has appeared in court. He has been found guilty of assault and sentenced to six years. We are told he is now in jaill.

That is excellent news.

Only hope that the usual actions are delayed and that he does spend some time inside. Faint hope, I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Very clever. It was a wheel brace not an iron bar. Nice use of semantics. Unfortunately for the victim, Adam Pickles, being hit on the head with a wheel brace rather than an iron bar has identical results.

How would you know it was a wheel brace, he was found not guilty so therefore there was no wepon, if an IRON BAR OR WHEEL BRACE was used surley it would now be GBH or ABH with and Iron Bar. No evidence of any Bar Brace has ever been used as evidence against him. In fact no one has identified Tinsley as the attacker. He was found not guilty as lack of evidence, this means No body saw who did what, and no weapon was produced as evidence. Read all comments and follow the case get the facts right before you use acusations of a wheel brace.

How would you know it was a wheel brace, he was found not guilty so therefore there was no wepon, if an IRON BAR OR WHEEL BRACE was used surley it would now be GBH or ABH with and Iron Bar. No evidence of any Bar Brace has ever been used as evidence against him. In fact no one has identified Tinsley as the attacker. He was found not guilty as lack of evidence, this means No body saw who did what, and no weapon was produced as evidence. Read all comments and follow the case get the facts right before you use acusations of a wheel brace.

The Appeals Court does not share your view and sent him down for 6 years. thumbsup.gif

Chok dee, khrap.

I wonder how the sick <deleted> explained it away? "I didn't notice the iron bar in me hand m'lud"? "Oh yes m'lud, it's quite normal where I come from to walk about with an iron bar in your hand". Let's hope this Karma stuff works.

What iron bar Alwyn? Never been any evidence of an iron bar or even wheel brace has been mentioned. That's why he was found not guilty of Attempted Murder, and now it's assault init?

The Appeals Court does not share your view and sent him down for 6 years. thumbsup.gif

Chok dee, khrap.

Great to see some good news regarding this case, at long last.

From the campaign Facebook page:

Sean Tinsley has been found and has appeared in court. He has been found guilty of assault and sentenced to six years. We are told he is now in jaill.

That is excellent news.

Only hope that the usual actions are delayed and that he does spend some time inside. Faint hope, I know.

Being reported by AD that Tinsley has been released on bail, pending an appeal to the Supreme Court.

No surprise there. But, no doubt, he will have his escape from Thailand all planned out and can't really see him attempting another return, unlike last time.

With a bit of luck, if he gets back to the UK, he will be subject to civil action by the family of Adam Pickles. You can run, but you can't hide!!

• 2 months later...

The Adam Pickles Fundraising Page on Facebook has been updated

https://www.facebook.com/groups/adampickles/permalink/1134827386535448/

Quote: Tinsley has now given his reply to our appeal to the court. They now decide if his appeal to our appeal is successful! This can take a while but we are speeding things up. We have also applied to revoke his bail, and to change the sentence from assault to attempted murder.

Hitting someone once with your fist would be assault. Hitting them twice over the head with a metal weapon is attempted murder.

He has sold his business, his car, his bike & his house is up for sale. He has shipped one container of goods and has been taking boxes to the DHL office in Pattaya. The actions of an innocent man? Does anyone else think he might be leaving??

We have told this to the court. He his boasting about how stupid the Thais are and how he has got away with it.

One good thing about Pattaya is that it is easy to get a private detective.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Latest news, from AD, is that Tinsley has indeed 'hopped it'. He had been sentenced to six years with a Bt6.2m fine but allowed out on bail pending an appeal.

No surprise as earlier reports had him selling off his Pattaya assets. If he does end up back in the UK can only hope that the Pickles family are able to pursue him, in some way, through the English courts.