Thai Police investigators seek justice from court over unfair scoring in promotion examination

webfact

Police investigators seek justice from court over unfair scoring in promotion examination

1-8-2015-10-04-30-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A total of 166 police officers of police lieutenant rank today petitioned the Administrative Court accusing the commissioner of the Royal Thai Police of unfair scoring in the recent promotion examination.

Led by Pol Lt-Col Prasertsak Srichai, senior police investigator of Payu police station in Si Sa Ket province, the officers also named the head of the Royal Thai Police’s Legal Affairs and Litigation Office a second defendant in addition to the commissioner Pol Gen Somyos Phumphanmuang.

They said in the petition to the Administrative Court that the commissioner and the head of the legal office were in charge of the promotion examination committee which judged their examination papers.

They said the promotion examination had taken place in August of 2014 with a full score of 25 marks for a question about morality.

But after the examination and result was announced, they received 2-5 marks for the question.

However they later discovered that the correct answers to the questions did not match the question asked.

They doubted of the scoring for their answers by the committee, saying a total of 980 police investigators entered the exams, but only 237 passed, as all others have failed on the morality question.

They then asked the court to order the commissioner of the Royal Thai Police to cancel the examination and arrange a new exam instead.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-investigators-seek-justice-court-unfair-scoring-promotion-examination

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-09

• Like 1

I have no doubt that so many failed because of a question about morality. These test should be remade so it would include cross-questioning to get a psyche eval as well to see if they jus memorized the answers or truly have morals and can uphold the law like a true cop would.

As for their claims on inaccurate scoring? A

This is Thailand where who you know or what you can do for your superiors is more important than how much you know. So they should have known the scoring was inaccurate.

• Like 1

This country is ????? laughable? Can you imagine - Thai police bemoaning "unfair practices." Seriously!!!!! What's next? Mafia saying "it's unfair" you arrested me? Well chances of that happening in Thailand are slim because Thailand is NOT a country with Rule of Law (ROL).

• Like 2

QUOTE: "However they later discovered that the correct answers to the questions did not match the question asked."

The ... hmmm ... "the correct answers to the questions ..." Yep got that.

"... did not match the question asked." Nope, you've lost me.

Is there one question or two? Is there one moral or two? Are there any morals at all, or are you just kidding?

• Like 1

This is unreal! Hannibal Lecter would pass questions about his "morals" while half asleep.

If only theoretical knowledge of morality was a substitute for doing.

All these bribe takers and bribe demanders in uniform, they would pass such an exam... Which makes one wonder how competent the bosses are when they go for such nonsense. facepalm.gif

The words "morals" and "Thailand" just somehow don't seem to fit in the same sentence together, especially with regards to the RTP.

Perhaps those 166 bringing the case are actually those who "do" have morals, and didn't pay the obligatory "promotion" money, or perhaps they are simply supporters of the wrong side.

A friend has seen the paper and the question:

Q. Do you believe it is right and proper to have morals in the Thai Police Force?

most failed because they answered in a variety of ways - here are a few examples:

"what are morals"?

"is this about the size of the amount"?

"depends on how much you pay"

Those officers that did not answer the question (237) passed the exam.

From many postings on TV it is easy to conclude that Thailand is 100% corrupt, that nothing works properly and that everything is sub standard to "back home". It makes me wonder why so many of us are still here. after all who wants to live in a country that is so bad?

I would like to offer another side to the story. Yes we know there is corruption but name a country that doesn't have corruption? If everything else is so bad then instead of LOS we should call it LOM (Land of Masochists)

On a serious note, having traveled around most of the world and lived in the countries, I reckon despite a few things that need attention this country is one of the best to live in.

Stop bitching and moaning and enjoy life. If you cant enjoy it here in Thailand then go somewhere else but basically get a life

QUOTE: "However they later discovered that the correct answers to the questions did not match the question asked."

Is there one question or two? Is there one moral or two? Are there any morals at all, or are you just kidding?

This means that the actual questions did not match the correct answers provided before the test.

this is what happens when thai test results have been marked up all their lives(no one fails) and when they finally have to sit one where they need to get the answer right they fail miserably then want the results changed so they dont lose face. Morality in the bib is pretty pathetic at best, bet these were all males that failed too, doesnt take a genius to know how most of the bib males think

Just wander ....

What if............. this country will be clean from corruption???? Is it any good to farangs or locals ? (maybe for locals ...but who realy knows)

Is it easy to change way of thinking of the whole nation when by the centuries it was just way of their life.

At least everyone had some options and choices... like ; "pay and you can stay" and so on....

I think it is the same as changing cash to plastic cards...... somewhere someone will have profit.

Everyone is so critical about Los and corruption but we farangs use to love it .....isn't ??? we were just part of it everywhere ...simply we always could afford a little funny (for us) fines and continue our way of enjoying to stay in Los.

For me it looks like changing left hand driving to the right hand in just overnight....coffee1.gifwai2.gif

From many postings on TV it is easy to conclude that Thailand is 100% corrupt, that nothing works properly and that everything is sub standard to "back home". It makes me wonder why so many of us are still here. after all who wants to live in a country that is so bad?

I would like to offer another side to the story. Yes we know there is corruption but name a country that doesn't have corruption? If everything else is so bad then instead of LOS we should call it LOM (Land of Masochists)

On a serious note, having traveled around most of the world and lived in the countries, I reckon despite a few things that need attention this country is one of the best to live in.

Stop bitching and moaning and enjoy life. If you cant enjoy it here in Thailand then go somewhere else but basically get a life

Obviously people enjoy the variety and ingenuity that Thais bring to their particular brand of corruption.

Why stick to homegrown basic paper bag stuff when you can see and experience the unique everyday 100 baht to a traffic cop to billions for a submarine, every day, up close and personal.

Never a dull day.

Damn I should work for TAT.

• Like 1

The correct answer, which any experienced BIB should know if he wants a promotion, is "Keep 40%, pass 60% up the line." Of course this could not be printed on the exam in case it falls into the wrong hands, and any idiot that the picked the obviously politically correct answer "Refuse the bribe and arrest the attempted briber" needs remedial training.

This means that the actual questions did not match the correct answers provided before the test.

As opposed to the wrong answers for the right questions that weren't asked anyway. Right? I think I'm beginning to understand now.

This is unreal! Hannibal Lecter would pass questions about his "morals" while half asleep.

Hannibal Lecter had very strict morals. He preferred to only "eat the rude."

Royal Thai Police would be a smorgasbord for him.

nothing worse than a pseudo-Thai farang who is more Thai than Thais

wake up, smell the coffee and stop being so naive and 'gob nai kala'

nothing worse than a pseudo-Thai farang who is more Thai than Thais

wake up, smell the coffee and stop being so naive and 'gob nai kala'

Once you get in touch with reality you will understand. Until then keep living in your fantasy world