How to stop the marketing text messages from DTAC?

Hal65

Turning the phone off. wink.png

Even calling DTAC and telling them to take stop doesn't work... the number is already farmed out to the spammers. PAYG seems to be worse than contract.

Going on a monthly contract is the solution (though it requires a work permit or another long-term visa which may not be viable for some).

My source behind this: I have two phones; a work phone on DTAC Happy prepaid and my personal phone on a DTAC monthly contract and the Happy one gets slammed with spam and the DTAC one does not. All you get on that one are special DTAC vouchers and so on for restaurants, etc. Even then you might get only one of those a month or so whereas the Happy account gets spammed multiple times daily. When my personal phone was on Happy prepaid years ago it was the same story.

Edited by Glock3am

• 1 month later...

Not only they sent me a lot of spam emails but they started to call me several times as well to sell their shit. I called the helpdesk an was asked to call another number where you go trough a computer and have to listen to endless tapes and dial options so i ended this.

But now the problem solved itself:

My prepaid promotion was "call to any network" . I had this because after every call you make the account is extended for another 40 days or so. The last call i made was 10 days ago. But today i could not make a call any more although my account has more than 250 Baht, valid until march 13 2015. I get a taped message that my account is finished an have to top up again. So they decided to change the rules or my promotion. Anyway i cannot even call the helpdesk a i am blocked. So that was the end of Dtac and me.

I cut the simcard in halves. No more spam.

Edited by KernelPanic

• 11 months later...

Sorry to reopen an old topic, but as I had the same problem I solved it myself in the following way:

Dial *137 on your phone.

Wait the recorded voice to give you options in Thai > press 1

Wait the recorded voice to give you options in Thai > press 2

Done!

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

It's the dtac marketing spam which start with the lie, "Exclusive just for you...", that piss me off, and I don't read any more of the message. I despise spam/marketing at the best of times, but when it starts with a blatant lie, and even worse, when it's a global outfit from Finland exploiting underdeveloped races like Thais, I just want to pull the plug on the POS who resorts to it and take out a contract on him. I get one of those every time I check my balance. I had the 3rd party spam stopped as soon as they started, after buying the SIM; can the lying dtac spam be disabled? Would it even be legal in Finland?

• 2 years later...

Just had an hilarious response with links that don't work from a telecom company TIT.

I wonder how sorry they really are, 2 handkerchief job 555

Dear customer,

We are very sorry to inform you about the termination of this service channel email: [email protected] effective on 01/JUNE/2018.

For your convenience, please kindly let us know the phone number, details via  (click here) , IVR *777 (free till 31/DEC/2018), DTAC APP (click here) via SMS 16789 (fee 1THB/SMS)

Best Regards,

Customer Service Unit

2 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Rather than start a new thread I'd like to add after 3 years abscence the spam has restarted 

The *137 number suggested no longer has English option

Any ideas on how to block or is a trip to the DTAC "SERVICE" centre ?

I phoned the service center as this BS started again with me about 3 weeks ago after 20 years of good service. I told DTAC I wanted it stopped now and refunded for all the push SMS ads I never asked for totally nearly 200THB over a 4 week period, got it back within 20 minutes.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2015 at 8:47 PM, Thongkorn said:

they are all as bad.

Nope. I'm getting flooded by DTAC and AIS by comparison shows great restraint. YMMV (normal DTAC sim and AIS' "Marathon" & "normal" SIMs. TRUE used to be pretty bad as well. But OTOH, a Thai friend managed to end the need for constant top-ups with one quick call ?

• 3 months later...

On my DTAC Happy SIM Prepaid every day 10.70 Baht was vanishing. In the DTAC App I saw on the history list an entry with a (so called) service "Daily Video 10". Didn't ever say yes to something like that and also never saw a video. Tried to cancel it in the app and just got a message "Your request cannot be done at the moment, please try again later.(T999999)". Then I called the service center at 1678 (got the number from the location search dialog in the app). The lady knew in 1/10 seconds what I was speaking about and asked me if a want to cancel and block this number? After a yes the entry was removed. Tricky little ba...

On 12/23/2018 at 9:39 AM, HRegli said:

The lady knew in 1/10 seconds what I was speaking about and asked me if a want to cancel and block this number?

Lady asked same to me as well. She never asked if I wanted my money back tho, so I asked her about the refund and got it back 20 minutes later. Otherwise I think they would have kept it and assumed that to be an acceptable service.

I had a problem with email spam 3 years ago.

Once I'd contacted DTAC about it, it stopped very quickly.

I think I got it stopped by logging into MyDTAC and sending them an email message:

https://my.dtac.co.th/esv/en/login

You can send them a message under 'Have problem using mydtac eService'.

Edited by AbeSurd
Activating link.

• 5 years later...
Posted (edited)
On 1/27/2016 at 12:47 PM, newcomer71 said:

Sorry to reopen an old topic, but as I had the same problem I solved it myself in the following way:

Dial *137 on your phone.

Wait the recorded voice to give you options in Thai > press 1

Wait the recorded voice to give you options in Thai > press 2

Done!

I know it's an old topic but it still has useful info. I was getting a massive amount of Dtac spam sms for offers and promotions which became very annoying.

I did what poster above said and they immediately stopped 😀 to clarify, dial *137, when Thai finishes and complete silence hit 1, when next lot of Thai finishes and silence hit 2, then hang up (a third lot of Thai starts)

Edited by Pattaya57