Pics of car accidents in Phuket

Bogan Koori

There was a white line across the road, like there should have been a STOP sign next to it. Maybe there was no sign, but this is Thailand. A sane person would treat it as a stop junction, or at the very least a yield.

The Thai bloke was in the right, and the idiot septic got what he deserved - bang to rights.

There was a white line across the road, like there should have been a STOP sign next to it. Maybe there was no sign, but this is Thailand. A sane person would treat it as a stop junction, or at the very least a yield.

The Thai bloke was in the right, and the idiot septic got what he deserved - bang to rights.

Sorry, but the white line does not mean 'give way', even on roads with right of way there can be a white line in Thailand.

Sorry, but the white line does not mean 'give way', even on roads with right of way there can be a white line in Thailand.

Correct, it does not mean give way. It means stop and give way :)

Correct, it does not mean give way. It means stop and give way smile.png

Please learn the rules before you go on the road. You're totally wrong.

In this case the car should have given way BTW because he was on a minor road. He came from the left, which in Thailand in general has right of way, but only on roads of equal importance.

Edited by stevenl

stevenl -

What planet are you on? There are no traffic rules in Thailand that I'm aware of.

So what I'm saying is a white line across the road should be treated with extreme caution because 95% of people on the roads in Thailand won't have a clue what it means, as proven by the posts above, and present company included.

The ONLY solution is to drive defensively - ie. yield for a white line across the road!

stevenl -

What planet are you on? There are no traffic rules in Thailand that I'm aware of.

So what I'm saying is a white line across the road should be treated with extreme caution because 95% of people on the roads in Thailand won't have a clue what it means, as proven by the posts above, and present company included.

The ONLY solution is to drive defensively - ie. yield for a white line across the road!

Yes, agree with that.

So where does that leave your earlier statement 'the Thai bloke was in the right'?

Edited by stevenl

Looked to me like there were traffic lights but that they weren't working, and that the line is for where to stop when the lights are on red. It's not a 'give way' marking, it is a stop here when the lights are red marking.

That said, the biker was dumb, he was going too fast, and as the traffic lights were broken he should have been extra careful.

• 1 month later...

I was just heading down to Kata Noi for a swim and i just saw 2 idiot Poms in a rented jeep from Patong cut this truck off. The truck tipped blocking the road.

Wasn't this yesterday, or have there been two concrete trucks flip over at this same spot? I saw something similar yesterday on a local Facebook group (BTW it took many hours to clear the road).

stevenl -

What a "strange" and "interesting" comment - you will be made aware of the rules at the first problem you have ;-)

Yes, and the first rule is: Farang always in the wrong, and must pay for everything and everybody. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Yeah heard about this one. The Brits fled the scene but those Jeeps stand out like dogs balls. Everyone with half a brain knows they only get hired from Patong with it blazoned across the hood.

They are training at AKA gym supposedly.

Shouldn't be too hard for the BiB to track the vehicle and driver down.

The driver of the cement truck will give the colour of the jeep, then all they have to do is go and see the vendors and ask for the passports of those who rented that color jeep, from any of them. That will be a short list.

Someone's holiday will be cut short.

Edited by NamKangMan

stevenl -

What a "strange" and "interesting" comment - you will be made aware of the rules at the first problem you have ;-)

Yes, and the first rule is: Farang always in the wrong, and must pay for everything and everybody. biggrin.png

Complete nonsense.

Complete nonsense.

I am not so sure this is nonsense. I would say that this 'rule' is the expected outcome if the other party is considered 'rich' and has money to pay. Really does not matter if Farang or Thai. Naturally the 'rich' Thai has the language advantage and connections to win the case. From my own experience and with a Thai wife to argue the case, I have never paid when the other party was in the wrong.

Complete nonsense.
I am not so sure this is nonsense. I would say that this 'rule' is the expected outcome if the other party is considered 'rich' and has money to pay. Really does not matter if Farang or Thai. Naturally the 'rich' Thai has the language advantage and connections to win the case. From my own experience and with a Thai wife to argue the case, I have never paid when the other party was in the wrong.
Yes, that can be correct. But that is completely different from the wordings of nkm.

Complete nonsense.
Yes, that can be correct. But that is completely different from the wordings of nkm.

"Yes, that can be correct." -so, you condede that it has happened in the past, will continue to happen in the future, an therefore, could happen to any farang involved in a motor vehicle accident.

I thought it might be an idea for people to post pics of accidents around the island. I was actually on my bike today after training trying to get a photo of a bar girl next to me on her bike... when I saw these 2 Russians get sconned by some drunk Pom. Here is the result. It's just at the entrance to Tiger Muay Thai street.

Did you get off your bike and go ask what nationality they all were, with your breathalyzer in tow ?

Must admit, an elaboration on how BK sussed an intoxicated Brit driver would have been helpful. Given he was at traffic lights, I'm assuming there wasn't a great deal of time for BK to conduct an investigation to come to that conclusion.

Since when do TVF readers need time to reach a conclusion?

Or evidence, for that matter.

Complete nonsense.

Can't see that much difference.

Every foreigner is thought to be rich. So ends up paying for everything which has just happened to two people I know.

The one was hit by a drunk 74 year old who could hardly see. no lights ,no brakes, no license ,no insurance.

Even though my friends Thai wife was with him he ended up paying for hospital, car ,bike and was then asked to give the family a gift i.e money. -----joke.

So you must have had a few accidents to be so knowledgeable (as usual ) on the subject.

Complete nonsense.

Can't see that much difference.

Every foreigner is thought to be rich. So ends up paying for everything which has just happened to two people I know.

The one was hit by a drunk 74 year old who could hardly see. no lights ,no brakes, no license ,no insurance.

Even though my friends Thai wife was with him he ended up paying for hospital, car ,bike and was then asked to give the family a gift i.e money. -----joke.

So you must have had a few accidents to be so knowledgeable (as usual ) on the subject.

No difference and you're a native English speaker?

Yes, I know from experience the statement is utter BS.

There are many, many things to it, e.g.: tourist or not, own insurance representative on the spot, Thai speaking yes or no, Thai society changing in this respect, guilability of the persons involved to sign something they don't agree to, etc.

@ stevenl

Wow - none of the things you mention address who is actually at fault in the accident.

Even you are suggesting the farang will be deemed to be at fault, due to the things you mention?

Yes, that's about as far as the investigation into the accident will go. biggrin.png

Well, of course the first thing is: in principle he who is at fault will be blamed, but we had passed that stage already in the discussion. The second thing is, that sometimes there are exceptions here: in the rare occasion that the foreigner (not farang, nothing to do with skin colour) is blamed the end result will depend on "tourist or not, own insurance representative on the spot, Thai speaking yes or no, Thai society changing in this respect, guilability of the persons involved to sign something they don't agree to, etc."

All a far, far cry from "Farang always in the wrong, and must pay for everything and everybody".

@ stevenl

Wow - none of the things you mention address who is actually at fault in the accident.

Even you are suggesting the farang will be deemed to be at fault, due to the things you mention?

Yes, that's about as far as the investigation into the accident will go. biggrin.png

Well, of course the first thing is: in principle he who is at fault will be blamed, but we had passed that stage already in the discussion. The second thing is, that sometimes there are exceptions here: in the rare occasion that the foreigner (not farang, nothing to do with skin colour) is blamed the end result will depend on "tourist or not, own insurance representative on the spot, Thai speaking yes or no, Thai society changing in this respect, guilability of the persons involved to sign something they don't agree to, etc."

All a far, far cry from "Farang always in the wrong, and must pay for everything and everybody".

So, tell me, Somchai with his somtam cart crashes into you - automatically, who do you think the police are going to look at getting payment from, whether rightly, or wrongly, knowing Somchai hasn't got two baht to his name?

@ stevenl

So, tell me, Somchai with his somtam cart crashes into you - automatically, who do you think the police are going to look at getting payment from, whether rightly, or wrongly, knowing Somchai hasn't got two baht to his name?

Want me to repeat again and again? He who is to blame. And that is me speaking from experience.

Edited by LivinginKata
Flame removed

@ stevenl

Call insurance and let them deal with it. Up to them if they pay out or not.