Pattaya Jet Ski Operator arrested following assault of Swedish Tourist

Lite Beer

Attacks on tourists have been happening in this very same spot for years and years.

<snip>

Thai authorities allow this to go on endlessly. It points out how little Thailand Tourism Minister cares for the welfare of visitors to the Kingdom. I guess the word does not spread from one Farang to another to avoid these criminals. Come to for vacation and get ripped off and assaulted

As long as there is an unlimited ( so far ) supply of oblivious "first time " visitors that sustain (so far ) Pattaya tourism the minister of tourism could care less. Even the tourists who do not get ripped off and assaulted most likely will not be coming back. If not for the #1 attraction in Pattaya why in the world would anyone return (put up with being around these people) for more than one visit ?

Up until now the largest group coming to Pattaya were the Russians. And they seem to have little to no interest in that one thing you refer to. There must be something else which attracts them to Pattaya. What is it? I have no idea.

Attacks on tourists have been happening in this very same spot for years and years.

<snip>

Thai authorities allow this to go on endlessly. It points out how little Thailand Tourism Minister cares for the welfare of visitors to the Kingdom. I guess the word does not spread from one Farang to another to avoid these criminals. Come to for vacation and get ripped off and assaulted

As long as there is an unlimited ( so far ) supply of oblivious "first time " visitors that sustain (so far ) Pattaya tourism the minister of tourism could care less. Even the tourists who do not get ripped off and assaulted most likely will not be coming back. If not for the #1 attraction in Pattaya why in the world would anyone return (put up with being around these people) for more than one visit ?

Up until now the largest group coming to Pattaya were the Russians. And they seem to have little to no interest in that one thing you refer to. There must be something else which attracts them to Pattaya. What is it? I have no idea.

Sunshine & cheap food/booze.

Sunshine & cheap food/booze.

When you lived in Russia all your life , in one of those grey, tall buildings , just looking at Pattaya beach full of people feels like a paradise to them .

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

Today at 2pm , I decided to have a walk along the beach rd , near the mike shopping mall , I noticed the police , 8 Indians , 10 jetski scammers , and one interpreter for the Indians , they were arguing over the bill for the damages on jet ski . Stayed for ten minutes , the cop and the interpreter pleaded the Indian to cough up the bill.. Scandelous , I only decided to have a look today after reading this thread . All airport that had flight for Bangkok should have big poster of jet ski scam warning . Obviously , the Indians are getting scammed everyday because there is no awareness there about the scam .

• Like 2

How is it possible to continue this scam when the Deputy Mayor announced that all operators carry insurance thru Thaisri Insurance CO?

Local journalists refuse to investigate.

Questions for the Mayor and Police Chief:

Arrested?

On bail?

Court date?

Do the operators carry the required insurance?

How many insurance cases have been settled?

How many scammers have been arrested?

Who in City Hall does the jet ski operators pay beach rent?

Why don't the police officers advice the tourists the "damage scam" is a civil case?

How many civil cases have the jet ski operators brought to civil court?

How many jet ski operators have been banned from the area due to violence/scams?

Saw another scam in same area and same gang plus exactly same cop yesterday ,Not on Indians this time , three looked like from Russia (Siberian origins) , the three refused to pay up and walked off (they are large) , cop was called by the scammers , they located them near the mike shopping mall , few words exchanged between the cop and the victims , saw one of the scammers smirking all the time , love to smash his face if he were in my country . Lol. That was third scam I saw this week , I only went for walk third time this week on beach rd . Seems that they are doing this everyday . Emailed the Indian embassy few days ago to ask them to protect their citzens from the scam with awareness in their website . No reply from them . They don't really care .

Edited by Billy The Kid