Non"O" Visa about to expire What do I do next?

shl500

Go to your local immigration office and ask for an extension of stay, which will cost you 1900 baht. Your O visa does not expire, it simply has a date before which it has to be used, if it's extended then you are still here on that O visa.

The expiry of your entry is another topic, that's perhaps more important than the use-by date on your visa.

Edited by technologybytes
  • Like 1

Go to your local immigration office and ask for an extension of stay, which will cost you 1900 baht. Your O visa does not expire, it simply has a date before which it has to be used, if it's extended then you are still here on that O visa.

The expiry of your entry is another topic, that's perhaps more important than the use-by date on your visa.

its a single entry non 'o' visa, so yes it has expired, you can only get an extension on a non 'o' for 60 days if married to a thai, or a yearly retirement extension. financial reqirements will be required, so if neither of these fit then a border run for a 30 day visa exempt entry is required.

you mean your permission to stay will expire in the next few days

Edited by steve187

do a border run

It amazes me that so many farangs rely on expats to do their homework for them instead of calling their embassies. Well intended advise does not assure a good end result when it comes to visas, but this seems to be the biggest topic, by far, which is addressed in this foium. In the end, I think personal responsibility in finding out what is required is the only way to get the very best answer instead of relying on a stranger and not knowing if they are correct in their advise.

• Like 2

do a border run

It amazes me that so many farangs rely on expats to do their homework for them instead of calling their embassies. Well intended advise does not assure a good end result when it comes to visas, but this seems to be the biggest topic, by far, which is addressed in this foium. In the end, I think personal responsibility in finding out what is required is the only way to get the very best answer instead of relying on a stranger and not knowing if they are correct in their advise.

So in your opinion all the expats on this website have no experience of visa requirements and their valuable advice is irrelevant.

Please tell me then why thousands of people who have taken their "irrelevant advice" have saved time and a great deal of expense from their experience of similar circumstances...bye the way it's not "homework" its advice!

• Like 1

The reason why the single entry Non-O was issued will determine what your options are.

If you are married to a Thai or have Thai children, your name on the birth certificate, you can apply for a 60 day extension for "visiting your Thai family".

If the Non-O was issued to "explore retirement options", then you can only get a 7 day extension . Both extensions cost 1900 baht. If you are married to a Thai you have to take your wife, a copy of hre ID card and housebook.

If you cannot apply for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai family, then your best option would be to do a border run and get a 30 day visa exempt entry when you reenter. You will have to enter a neighboring country and the visa costs differ: Cambodia, $30, Laos, $35, Myanmar, 500 baht, Malaysia, free.

Someone suggested calling your Embassy, that would be a total waste of time as they have no idea of what the visa and extension requirments are. The Thai Embassies don't even know!

• Like 1

The reason why the single entry Non-O was issued will determine what your options are.

If you are married to a Thai or have Thai children, your name on the birth certificate, you can apply for a 60 day extension for "visiting your Thai family".

If the Non-O was issued to "explore retirement options", then you can only get a 7 day extension . Both extensions cost 1900 baht. If you are married to a Thai you have to take your wife, a copy of hre ID card and housebook.

If you cannot apply for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai family, then your best option would be to do a border run and get a 30 day visa exempt entry when you reenter. You will have to enter a neighboring country and the visa costs differ: Cambodia, $30, Laos, $35, Myanmar, 500 baht, Malaysia, free.

Someone suggested calling your Embassy, that would be a total waste of time as they have no idea of what the visa and extension requirments are. The Thai Embassies don't even know!

Is it possible to get a 30 day visa by crossing into Laos and returning the same day (I am trying to avoid an overnight stay there) believe it's something to do with the G7 countries but can't find the thread relating to that topic.

Bye the way I am from the UK.

Thanks guys in advance the info given is so helpful

You can cross into Loas and turn around and come back in the same day. There is no requirement to stay overnight. You sould have your ticket with you exiting Thailand within 30 days of the entry and at leasr 10000 baht cash to support youself. Don't show anything unless they ask! Good luck.

• Like 1