cheese

Crazy chef 1

as the most of you know mammals giving milk( hence the name)-and evry kind of milk tastes different-though a few centuries ago some wise man(probably french)discovered how to transform the liquid milk into solid cheese.over the centuries mankiend created an enourmous variety of this delicacy mostly depends on geographical circumstances and personal tastes.due tha this wonderful achievment is something I really miss here i would like to know what is your favorite cheese...

and i am not talking about this rubbery substitute of cheese sold at Tesco!

for me:

Mimolette

Munster

Vacherin mon't dor

peccorino

Saint murre

Morbier

Feta(for gratinating)

and almost every kind of goat cheese...

do you guys miss cheese and what is your favorite?

• Like 1

Goat. I used it this evening on a Greek salad, in place of feta.

Gorgonzola on pizza.

Sharp cheddar with Branston Pickle Relish sandwiches.

Baby Swiss with marmite sandwiches.

Yes, it is indeed heaven to be back where so many cheeses are available, without a 300% tax.

Oh, and with the Greek salad tonight, I pan-grilled some Haloumi in olive oil.

licklips.gif

Gorgonzola on pizza.

Yes, it is indeed heaven to be back where so many cheeses are available, without a 300% tax.

licklips.gif

where you got halloumi from?

Gorgonzola on pizza.

licklips.gif

where you got halloumi from?

I came back to the States in November. Gained about 5 kilos!

• Like 1

as the most of you know mammals giving milk( hence the name)-and evry kind of milk tastes different-though a few centuries ago some wise man(probably french)discovered how to transform the liquid milk into solid cheese.over the centuries mankiend created an enourmous variety of this delicacy mostly depends on geographical circumstances and personal tastes.due tha this wonderful achievment is something I really miss here i would like to know what is your favorite cheese...

for me:

Mimolette

Munster

Vacherin mon't dor

peccorino

Saint murre

Morbier

Feta(for gratinating)

Mozzarella grated .

Oh and what does this have to do with thailand apart from the fact that it proves you arent getting laid enuff So you get that bored to make a post on thaivisa about your best cheese.

Not sure why I should miss cheese in Thailand,

More and more choice in the stores every day,

Makro has a very nice Emborg Danish Blue cheese 103bht for 100g, various other offerings available.

Rimping, I like their Young Gouder, 85bht for 150gm.

sorry you didn't get it... it is about cheese in perfection,not Emborg,processed Gouda/Emmental or such crap...may you are not a cheese conniseur or just American...

• Like 1

for me:

Mimolette

Munster

Vacherin mon't dor

peccorino

Saint murre

Morbier

Feta(for gratinating)

Mozzarella grated .

Oh and what does this have to do with thailand apart from the fact that it proves you arent getting laid enuff So you get that bored to make a post on thaivisa about your best cheese.

who rattled your cage?

• Like 1

look out, chef...it's all been done before:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/231555-do-you-like-cheese/

I particularly liked my observation regarding the fresh cheeses that rural folks make in latin america and how that compares with halloumi which has become the current delight amongst foodistas...

check it out...and don't nobody say that I never gave anyone any good advice...that Mainland Epicure sharp cheddar available at tescos is tip top...

(tutsi is in town on business and hunches over his keyboard with the duty free 100 proof vodka in a non-descript hotel offa sukhumvit and: 'heh heh heh...'...with no warning to anyone...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Tillamook Monterey Jack....along with their Cheddar....a good Gouda....some of the Mexican cheese blends....Mozzarella....

Pretty much gave up on cheeses here = both quality...choices....price....

Tillamook monterey jack pepper cheese and you know where I found it? inna supermarket in Al Hofuf (Al Ahsa) a desert town in eastern saudi...insane....

they also had Knudsen's full fat cottage cheese...and just a few months ago some sunni jihadis raided a shia village nearby and blew away some worshippers at a mosque...there must be a connection between western cheeses and random jihadist violence...

(no disrespect re: what happened recently in Paris...I watched as the whole thing unfolded on the TV in my hotel room in Hofuf...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1