FDA Approved Diabetes Home Test Kits

tkramer

Have no idea what that product is - the link is only to an FDA approval of sugar monitoring system without much other information - but blood sugar testing monitors and strips are available everywhere if that is what you need to know - but perhaps not the same brand as some would be using elsewhere.

"but blood sugar testing monitors and strips are available everywhere if that is what you need to know"

Thanks for that. Perhaps that is it. I have never (self) tested for diabetes before, so I I am unsure just exactly what is in a kit.

Travel kits like this are what most people have and they are easily available at most any drug store - but perhaps a bit more expensive than USA price (where often given away as reason to use there brands of test strips). But not that expensive in any case - test strips will involve recurring cost so if you use (test a lot) be sure to consider than when buying unit (buy unit that have reasonable price for test strips). This is the type where you prick tip of finger and wet end of a test strip and a few seconds later you have a reading of current blood sugar.

aviva_1.jpg

The exact models will vary by the drug store used but there about a dozen or so different models available here. For low blood needed found the Accu-Check models like above very good and the cartridge prick stick excellent. But current model sold in Thailand has a slightly different name and they also make larger units that require more blood. It was for intermittent use of wife so do not have much experience in shopping or use but was easy for me to use on myself the few times I tested. Wife very pain adverse and hard to obtain blood but this type was good for her.

local website in Thai

• Like 1