British Passport renewal

Utility bills are not on the list. I would recommend that you obtain a proof of residence letter from immigration. If you tell them its for UK passport renewal they will do it for you in English. Any documents that are in thai need to be translated into English by an authorised translator.

Utility bills are not on the list. I would recommend that you obtain a proof of residence letter from immigration. If you tell them its for UK passport renewal they will do it for you in English. Any documents that are in thai need to be translated into English by an authorised translator.

ok thanks, getting a new passport is harder than I expected, it seems so anyway.

Is there a "Fast Track" application process option at the Trendy Tower Visa Office?

I need to to travel on business, waiting weeks for a new PP would cause difficulty.

No fast track that I am aware of but you might be able to get a 12 month extension of your existing one at the British embassy....see here....https://www.gov.uk/get-an-emergency-passport-extension-or-child-travel-document

Yea it expires in 2020 but I have the back page, a double spread page and half of a page left. I get 90 day extensions like everyone else on an ED so that takes up most of my room. I also will be going to Laos in October so it will be wise to get it sorted well before then.

So plan of action is to firstly email them correct? When do I pay because on the website it has the debit and credit card options, or can you pay in Bangkok? Then I need to photocopy every single page in there and bring that along with the checklist of things?

"So plan of action is to firstly email them correct?" Yes

"When do I pay because on the website it has the debit and credit card options, or can you pay in Bangkok?" You take your completed debit/credit card mandate to Bangkok with you to Bangkok and they will send it off with your application docs to HMPO's Liverpool office who actually process the payment.

"Then I need to photocopy every single page in there and bring that along with the checklist of things?" Yes - and the photocopies must be in colour.

In colour ay, thanks for the advice, I wouldn't have known this otherwise. One last question, I have a thai bank account and my debit card says 'electronic use only' which means I cannot buy things online and so forth. Will this be an issue? I don't have a credit card and never will, my thoughts on that are if you don't have the cash to pay for it now then you shouldn't. I don't know why Kasikorn have given me this card which restricts online shopping...

Even if your Thai Debit Card is enabled for internet purchases, it probably wont work; as already posted the payment is always deducted in the UK. not Thailand and is like a mail order purchase (no OTP, etc is possible).

Kasikorn do have a card that works fine called the KWeb Shopping Card which is a virtual Credit card which has been proven to work with HMPO for passport applications. You can apply online if you already have a Kasikorn Account with Internet banking.

ok thanks, getting a new passport is harder than I expected, it seems so anyway.

Here is a broader list published by HMPO.

We have contacted our Liverpool Overseas Team on your behalf who has confirmed that you must submit at least one piece of evidence to confirm the address you currently use and it must be dated within the last year. You may choose from the following:

Tax record e.g. letter from tax authority

Educational record e.g. school report

Employment record e.g. official letter from your employer

A letter sent to you from a central, regional or local Government department

National identity card or equivalent (or colour photocopy)

Visa or resident permit (or colour photocopy)

Where none of the above is available consideration may be given to bank statements, utility bills or their equivalents.

Any documents that are not in English must be fully translated by a person who is registered to an official organisation or trade body for translators or employed by a recognised translation company. The translation must be attached to the original document and signed to confirm it is a true copy of the original.

So providing the Utility bills are less than one year old and have your name/address then they would be accepted.

Is the PP photo setup working at Trendy.....sort of guaranteed.........Anyone had a problem..?

There is a photo studio at trendy but it is not connected with them/HMPO in any way.

Best you take the current photo guidance notes (linked to below) with you or better still don't leave such an important item until the last minute.

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

Is the PP photo setup working at Trendy.....sort of guaranteed.........Anyone had a problem..?

There is a photo studio at trendy but it is not connected with them/HMPO in any way.

Best you take the current photo guidance notes (linked to below) with you or better still don't leave such an important item until the last minute.

I am going to try where I am but in case they are not 100% correct/accepted I wanted the backup.

I am going to try where I am but in case they are not 100% correct/accepted I wanted the backup.

Get them at the big photo shop on the corner just up the street from the wrong way cafe. They know what they are doing.

Then double check that they meet the requirements.

Get them at the big photo shop on the corner just up the street from the wrong way cafe. They know what they are doing.

Then double check that they meet the requirements.

Yes chum, I remember you told me before.....thumbsup.gif

I applied to renew my passport on 6th Jan. payment was taken on 12 th Jan. and today (22nd Jan.) i received an email that it is ready for collection!

When i applied my appointment was for 12.35 but i arrived an hour early and was allowed in,waited about 10 minutes before being my number was called and 10 minutes later was on my way. So,all in all a really good service and turnaround time no complaints whatsoever.

• Like 1

Hi

My passport runs out in September and just thinking ahead.

I just saw it's personal appearance twice in BKK (at Trendy House?)

I'm in Chiangmai.

I have bad agoraphobia for decades.

I have made it to BKK a couple of times in the last ten years (by train, can't go by plane any more....I'm kinda stuck here.

However it would be a truly painful and worrying experience.

Then I saw it's the 28th floor at Trendy.

That's the topping on the cake for a panic attack and weeks of anxiety as the time approaches.

Anyone have any experience of what they can do for people like me? (I know yes I can go ask at the Consul.)

Thanks....

Hi

I'm in Chiangmai.

I have made it to BKK a couple of times in the last ten years (by train, can't go by plane any more....I'm kinda stuck here.

That's the topping on the cake for a panic attack and weeks of anxiety as the time approaches.

Anyone have any experience of what they can do for people like me? (I know yes I can go ask at the Consul.)

Thanks....

A person can apply for you if you are unable to do it yourself due to a medical condition that prevents you from doing it yourself. You would need a letter from a doctor confirming it.

You need to check with the HMPO to find what you need to assign a representative to do it for you.

Hi

I'm in Chiangmai.

Thanks....

Have you ever tried CBT or REBT? I found them wonders for panic attacks - haven't had one for over 10 years.

Very glad to hear of your success Neeranam!

Yes I have read the book Feeling Good I think it's really good.

Afraid it hasn't done the trick for me afraid my circuits have become rather ingrained.

That said I manage to get around Northern Thailand by car so that my little world I try to make it my Shangri La.

Of course maybe I should be more resolute in applying it all but like with exposure therapy it's such a grossly horrible experience it's easy avoid it.

Worse is lately I've been getting some anxiety and depression truly vile way to feel and hoping it's just a passing phase.

Anyway thanks for the concern nice of you....

And thanks Ubonjoe about the passport.

Edited by cheeryble