How important is Thailand to you?

sipi

Where does Thailand stand on your priority list?

It is purely co-incidental that I have close ties with Thailand. I wandered through as a back-packer in the early '80s, then forgot about the place for nearly 20 odd years.

As fate would have it, I met the right lady who just happened to be Thai; and started a whole renewed journey with Thailand. If I had met the right person from Grenada, then Thailand would probably be one of the last things on my mind.

Even now, with a house, wife, son etc here, Thailand is just another interest; albeit obviously a close one.

I am not really very interested in Thailand per se.

Mexican cinema actually interests me more.

It's where I have chosen to live for a bunch of reasons and I am settled here, so I have interests here for sure and things that happen here impact me (like political upheavals, the problems getting a good supply of AVOCADOS in Thailand year round, etc.).

You gotta live someplace!

OK, I admit I am being somewhat flip about this. Only somewhat though.

Edited by Jingthing

It's where I have chosen to live for a bunch of reasons and I am settled here, so I have interests here for sure and things that happen here impact me (like political upheavals, the problems getting a good supply of AVOCADOS in Thailand year round, etc.).

Yeh, heard about you......you are only interested to get the votes for POTY, from the Pattaya people.

Hope there is a bad season for AVOCADOS this year......

• Like 1

Yeh, heard about you......you are only interested to get the votes for POTY, from the Pattaya people.

Bitter, huh?

There's always next year.

Another problem with living in Thailand -- can't find TARAMASALATA!

Interesting that you mentioned Pattaya.

Many assert Pattaya is not actually Thailand.

I don't really care if it is or isn't but my IP address says Thailand regardless.

Edited by Jingthing

Bitter, huh?

Only bitter?

Thinking of leaving Thailand after that.........and forget Sipi's questions of how important Thailand is to me.

Everything has gone black for me after loosing.

As about taramasalata.....one day I'll make it for you if I find cod roe.

It's one of my specialities......check if the sell cod roe in Pattaya.

So my wife says "Darling, can you water the vege garden?"

And I reply "But Sweetheart, I have just started a thread on ThaiVisa Forum about Thailand"

She replies "It will be off-topic within 3 replies"

Ok Gents, I am off to water the vege garden...........

• Like 2

i cant remember the last time i walked into a villa market and did not see avocados.

i cant remember the last time i walked into a villa market and did not see avocados.

Try buying them all year as I do.

Half the time they either never ripen or never ripen properly (already rotten). There is very short season where you can get good Thai grown Haas cados and also at good prices. Even those the Thai retailers often ruin with improper storage.

The rest of the year stuck with high priced imports which like I said often end up as garbage (or still edible but very MUSHY and poor). Sure the cados were good once but there is some problem in the chain of storage ... probably they are refrigerated for some time and that ruins them, you can't even tell until much later after you've bought them.

Generally cados should be bought hard. Sometimes you want a same day. You'll notice in the store sometimes entire trays of cados that ripened rotten and they still try to sell them! That's evidence to those that don't even buy cados that something is rotten in the state of avocado retailing in Thailand!

Edited by Jingthing

Ok: So I can assume the priorities are:

Gecko: Screw old lady-> Thailand.

Chris : Clothes -> Thailand.

Transam: Music -> Thailand.

JingThing: Nothing -> Mexicans -> Avocados -> Thailand.

Costas: JingThing -> POTY -> Avocados -> Thailand.

• Like 2

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen.

If you are viewing this from the Public Gallery, and you probably are;

I apologize on behalf of the Thai Visa Forum members for the responses about screwing dead women, avocados and whatever else has been bought up.

If you require genuine advice on Thailand from an experienced Forum; Please visit...

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g293915-i3686-Thailand.html

With regards. Phil Smith (TVF alias "sipi")

Bitter, huh?

Only bitter?

Thinking of leaving Thailand after that.........and forget Sipi's questions of how important Thailand is to me.

Everything has gone black for me after loosing.

As about taramasalata.....one day I'll make it for you if I find cod roe.

It's one of my specialities......check if the sell cod roe in Pattaya.

just catch some cods and milk em almost same as with wales...

Are Avocados easy to grow in Thailand?

Are Avocados easy to grow in Thailand?

Ok just read the later posts.

I'm here in Thailand for my business and family... and health.

I do miss the lack of cultural activities, (when compared to other countries and cities) especially as I'm not living in BKK.

But as things go, it's the best place for me to live :)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thailand is pretty important to me.

All my clothes are here................... alt=tongue.png>

Thanks Chris. Unfortunately some other posters left their clothes behind...

biggrin.png I will grant you that there are an awful lot of people with baggage floating about, but alas, very little room left for clothes...................wink.png