Gourmet Deli- "Pastrami on Rye" heard of it ?

dannywla

Thanks for that.

Yes I had heard they were moving to a much more visible location on Thappraya Road but I didn't know exactly where yet.

Some people are gonna get fatter!
Not only deli sandwiches, but very rich pizzas, and based on the facebook page it looks like they are fixing to sell NEW YORK CHEESECAKES! w00t.gif

If there are better deli meat sandwiches in Thailand I don't know where!

BTW, congratulations to the business owners.

A great example of SUCCESS doing something specific and well defined really well, offering something in the local market not available elsewhere at the same quality, not trying to do EVERYTHING and spreading yourself too thin, not being afraid to charge what may seem like high prices to some but is recognized by most people who try it as FAIR VALUE considering the high quality of the products.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, this place has gotten a lot of positive comments on TV including the restaurant thread. The prices are high but the portions large and quality high. There is really no competition and he has found his niche in the market. My understanding the new location is next to the Continental bakery.

Prices?

I hope you don't need to be sitting down for this ...

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/kitchen.html

I suppose it all depends on the quality/provenance of the ingredients, and the size of the portions.

I've never been to the Hilton on Wednesday (sandwich day), but don't they do things like that in their ~500B lunch buffet? I always assumed that they did.

Hold the mayo in a NYC deli is assumed ... rolleyes.gif

But saying it might replace saying -- first time in town from Boise!

Reminiscent of the pointed joke in Annie Hall when Diane Keaton tells the waiter "I'm going to have the Pastrami on white bread with mayo, tomato and lettuce."

I agree it's the best sandwich in SE Asia. I highly doubt Dean & Deluca is even close. It's expensive but once you tried it you will be a returning customer.

Said by someone who has surely tried all the deli sandwich shops in SE Asia...oh but wait, you haven't even tried D&D just up the road...well that kinda shoots you're credibility to shreds.

attachicon.gifIMG_20141230_093608.jpg

Best American deli sandwiches in Thailand by far...but you'll have to go to Bangkok to enjoy one.

I am going to Bangkok next week, you can confirm they have pastrami sandwiches?
Yes they do...just have to toss all that lettuce and tomato crap :)

post-167660-0-92267900-1421276480.jpg

And a mean ham and three-cheese melt on rye!

post-167660-0-10749300-1421277193_thumb.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

I have eaten at Pastrami on Rye many times and it is very good! Expensive? Well, you get what you pay for. The sandwiches are so big that I always make two meals out of one, so my 300 bhat sandwich is about 150 bhat, at least in my mathematically limited mind. I used to live in Bangkok and did enjoy Dean and Delucca, but IMHO, the sandwiches at Pastrami on Rye are much better than at Dean and Delucca (but that is me; they are different and people have different tastes). To the best of my knowledge, Pastrami on Rye is moving (early February I think) from its present location on Jomtien Beach road to a place near the Continental breakfast place in Jomtien. I heard that they might be expanding to include what will likely be the best breakfast in town, if their sandwiches are any indication. I, for one, wish the owners luck! But luck has little to do with what they are doing. The owners actually take quality control seriously and only sell top quality products.

• Like 2

I agree it's the best sandwich in SE Asia. I highly doubt Dean & Deluca is even close. It's expensive but once you tried it you will be a returning customer.

Said by someone who has surely tried all the deli sandwich shops in SE Asia...oh but wait, you haven't even tried D&D just up the road...well that kinda shoots you're credibility to shreds.

You are wrong, I have tried both places. I enjoyed the salad at D&D in Bangkok and the coffee is good. But I could not find anything on the menu that offered the type of deli sandwich you'll get here, not even when I visited the US last year could I find a sandwich that tastes this good.

• Like 1

I have eaten at Pastrami on Rye many times and it is very good! Expensive? Well, you get what you pay for. The sandwiches are so big that I always make two meals out of one, so my 300 bhat sandwich is about 150 bhat, at least in my mathematically limited mind. I used to live in Bangkok and did enjoy Dean and Delucca, but IMHO, the sandwiches at Pastrami on Rye are much better than at Dean and Delucca (but that is me; they are different and people have different tastes). To the best of my knowledge, Pastrami on Rye is moving (early February I think) from its present location on Jomtien Beach road to a place near the Continental breakfast place in Jomtien. I heard that they might be expanding to include what will likely be the best breakfast in town, if their sandwiches are any indication. I, for one, wish the owners luck! But luck has little to do with what they are doing. The owners actually take quality control seriously and only sell top quality products.

They are not moving but adding a second location in a double shophouse where Espresso Cafe is now. They take over Feb.1. I had a pulled pork sandwich last week on the day they cooked the meat and it was excellent. Father and son team from Wisconsin.

• 3 weeks later...

Prices?

I hope you don't need to be sitting down for this ...

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/kitchen.html

Anyone know what happened to the link or have a new one?

I'm getting an error message when clicking on it.

File not found (404 error)

EDIT. OK I found it http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/

Looks to be the same as the one Jingthing put there, but for some reason that first link wasn't working for me.

Edited by Suradit69