What would u like to see from Big C?

Lonewolf77

BOGOF

Typical Brit.

Why not half the price as they do in other countries instead

Why not half price? Because with BOGOF the shop sells 2 items at a time and gets rid of their unwanted stock quicker. If it was half price then the customer only has to buy one item at a time.

Pickled eggs,Greggs steak slices,Branson pickle,decent pile cream

I think many of the items you mention are available at other shops in Thailand.

Why would you want them to be available at a shop that even triples the prices of their own homebrands compared to in their country of origin.

For example, their mashed potato powder from their homebrand is three times the price they sell it in their French stores.

That is a dry food that has an expiry date of several years without cooling, so where is the logic for the exorbitant premium?

Edited by Anthony5

in Samui, one or two staff who understand questions in English.

Or of course seeing as English is not a an official language one could actually make the effort and learn some Thai, one supposes you claim residency in Thailand and most likely state the Thai's don't want you to integrate into society etc

Why would you want them to be available at a shop that even triples the prices of their own homebrands compared to in their country of origin.

For example, their mashed potato powder from their homebrand is three times the price they sell it in their French stores.

That is a dry food that has an expiry date of several years without cooling, so where is the logic for the exorbitant premium?

Why does there have to be logic in every purchase?

If I want a jar of Branston pickle

I have to pay the price or I can not have

I do not care the price is x3 than in my home country

I wish Carre 4 was back. They had several varieties of things that Big C doesn't carry. Mangosteen body wash for example. Luckily, 7 11 now carries small bottles of the stuff. Multiple Big Cs now in Pattaya, but they all carry the same brands in each which of course is what chain store would do

So you think you can extrapolate pricing of all good based on mashed potato powder?

A decent parking lot where I don't have to make a 97 point turn to get my car in or out of.

I totally agree, but is there any parking lot in Thailand like that besides maybe at Suvarnabhumi? I was back in USA and I loved how easy it was to park somewhere. There I drive one of the cars with the worst turning radius (Volvo V70R) and here I have a Honda Jazz!

I would like real USA cheese.

Does such a thing exist ?

The largest producer of cheese is the United States, accounting for 26% of world production, followed by Germany and France. In the U.S., mozzarella and cheddar are by far the top cheese types. Cheese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CheeseWikipedia

The US is the larger producer of cars, doesn't mean the cars are any good, quality and quantity springs to mind dear boy Edited by Soutpeel

I would like real USA cheese.

Does such a thing exist ?

The largest producer of cheese is the United States, accounting for 26% of world production, followed by Germany and France. In the U.S., mozzarella and cheddar are by far the top cheese types. Cheese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CheeseWikipedia

The US is the larger producer of cars, doesn't mean the cars are any good, quality and quantity springs to mind dear boy

No one said anything about quality of the product. Pheat123 asked if such a thing exists. Yes it does exist, and moreover it is the most abundant supply on the planet.

I mostly bake my own bread but still, it would be nice to have some ciabbata bread from time to time, anything with a decent crust would do. And a few European cheeses that are not too expensive and definitely not pre-packed but freshly cut (don't like surprises when I get home...). Plus a better wine selection, with decent every day drinking wines at hopefully affordable prices. And DAILY SPECIAL OFFERS that really ARE DAILY SPECIAL OFFERS and not priced the same as the standard item. Hope this helps?

Organization:

Does the (insert any object like cheese...sauces...etc...) really have to be in 5 different places! I am referring to the BigC Extra in Pattaya.

In the US there is a section for Hispanic, Indian, Asian food. In Thailand I think they purposefully scatter all of the food I want all over the store.

But cheese is never in with sauce.

Cheese is in the cheese section, and sauce in the sauce section.

I think gnocchi should be in the vegetable section because it's the potatoes not the pastas