Students arrested for 'bombing' public bus in Bangkok

webfact

Students Arrested For 'Bombing' Public Bus in BKK
By Khaosod English

14213059641421306043l.jpg
The homemade explosive that technical college students allegedly threw at a public bus in Bangkok, 14 Jan 2014.

BANGKOK — Four students from technical colleges have been arrested for allegedly throwing homemade bombs at a public bus in Bangkok yesterday, injuring three passengers.

Police said the students, from Siam Technology College in Bangkok's Tha Phra district, threw homemade explosives at Bus 147 in front a Tha Phra shopping mall yesterday afternoon because they spotted students from a rival school in the vehicle.

Three passengers were injured by the small blasts, police say. One was sent to the hospital.

The students quickly dispersed after the incident, but police officers in the area managed to detain four of them, said Pol.Col. Kampanart Arunkiriroj, superintendent of Bukkhalo Police Station.

"We also confiscated the knives and ping pong bombs that the four suspects were trying to hide at the parking lot of the shopping mall," Pol.Col. Kampanart said.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1421305964

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-01-15

I thought his worship was going to solve this every day problem?

What happened to the crackdown and the school closures? All talk and no action as always

A lot of hot air, but no balloons going up...................

I don't want to spoil; anyones fun, but don't you think that before we start putting these students to death, or inserting the bombs where the sun don't shine, that it might be a worthwhile exercise to allow them a fair trial.

They ARE innocent until found otherwise..

Obviously, Capt. Obvious... Now lets get them tried and hanged!

• Like 2

Well, if they are under 18 then they should be sent to military school and do public service under supervision like cleaning public toilets, cleaning up the parks, helping to clean up the streets, clean the rubbish out of the klongs, etc. etc. and their parents should be charged with parental neglect. If they are over 18 then they should go to prison and do public service there after 3 months or so.

• Like 1

Please put these "students" to death. Perhaps hang them off the MBK walk way for the public's entertainment.

Maybe a little strong but some serious jail time is in order.

This is attempted murder with innocence caught in the cross-fire. Why waste tax payers money on scum? Perhaps a life on the fishing boats so that society can benefit would suffice. I don't like the "boys will be boys" mentality that young males get here.

• Like 1

On the very same day Prayut launches his "Discover Thainess" campaign!!

Say no more.............................coffee1.gif

Looks like the Twelve Commandments of the dear leader are not that popular among students, life guards, etc. etc.

P.S. I just hope this post is not 'hate speak' already...

Edited by Lupatria
  • Like 2

slap on the wrist for bombing public buses in the Thai capital........... it won't deter the next bombing...... and the authorities should be held responsible for any future deaths and injuries for being so lenient........ truly pathetic

• Like 2

I think the parents should just refuse to send there students to these known schools. They will be out of business in a matter of months with no students.

Who in their right mind would send their sons & daughters to to an education facility with a known history of ongoing gang violence, including bombings & murders every month? Does not seem like a very logical choice. Time for the parents of these students to wake up and do something, as apposed to following along like mindless sheep.
  • Like 1

It would seem no poster so far has bothered to read the full story.

These so called students are all above school age with 2 being 20 one 19 and the other 18.

If they are still going to school they must be particularly useless students as they should be out in the work force at that age.

I suspect that the explosives charge is only a holding charge and there will be more to come.

They should today be having a nice little chat to the police who will be wanting to ask them who their friends were, where they got their explosive from and have a look to see if they have any previous.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"They have been charged with possession of explosives without permits. "

That'll teach them that the next time they bomb a bus, better remember to get those permits. Kids these days! They always want to skip the formalities.

Seems a bit of a "nothing" charge, don't they have reckless endangerment, attempted murder/manslaughter or something similar?

Or are they simply treating this as harmless fun that's got a little out of hand? Cos if so, they're dead wrong ... these kids are trying to kill each other, and anyone else that gets caught in the crossfire.

Just endless examples of Thainess today. Pretty much anywhere else on earth and they are in juve/jail for a very long time. Astounding Thailand.

These are bombs with nails in them. Funny I don't think the nails are for building stuff. Hmm. It seems the reaction to these guys is too weak. I would agree make an example of them and forget about lenience. This is serious stuff. Bangkok ... not so strong.

post-37101-0-73560000-1421315834.jpg