Come to Thailand with my dog

Hello

I come beginning of march to live in Thailand and I have a small 3 kg yorki.. From mid december onwards I have sent 4 mails to the following mail address which seems to be valid : [email protected] to ask them what I have to send per mail to get the import licence.. No answer..

I phoned last tuesday and they seemed not to find my mails and asked to resend which I did.. Again no answer.. Does anybody know if there is another mail address ?? or what to do ?? because if I reach without the import licence I could be in trouble.. Any idea ??

Thanks everybody

Have a nice week end..

There are a few detailed threads on thai visa on this. some details vary on the country where you coming from, but you generally need

1. Vaccinations up to date, i believe 21 days before departing

2. Import licence

3. Vaccinations needed include some silly one(sorry do not recall the name) but check other threads or someone will be over shortly to post the exact name

Being a small dog, i believe you can bring with you on the plane and get the permit in the airport on arrival

Have a look here, loads of information and experience http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=84929dfb0bd57b104081c23a8474beca&app=googlecse#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=bringing dog to thailand

Edited by konying
  • Like 1

When I brought my three mutts in, all that was required was a certificate of health from my local government veterinarian.

So unless things have changed, no import license is required.

Yep exactly right.. Just their puppy passport with a clean bill of health and record of vaccinations. I will add, it's a hell of a lot easier if you are travelling with your pet. If you send it as cargo their are a few more hoops to jump through and some people that will require tea money

I recommend finding a reputable kennel with experience in shipping pets to other countries. That is what I did. They had never shipped one to Thailand, but they conducted all research and communication with the appropriate people to find all the requirements. They also kept my dog for two nights at the kennel to acclimate him to sleeping in the container, and they delivered him to us at the airport three hours before our flight. We entered Thailand at Suvarnabhumi airport, and our dog was delivered directly to the baggage area. We wheeled him over to the animal control checkpoint, paid a small fee of around 100 baht, got his papers stamped and all was done before our luggage arrived. This was over five years ago, so the procedures at the airport may have changed. It was worth the money to the kennel to make sure everything was done properly.

I recommend finding a reputable kennel with experience in shipping pets to other countries. That is what I did. They had never shipped one to Thailand, but they conducted all research and communication with the appropriate people to find all the requirements. They also kept my dog for two nights at the kennel to acclimate him to sleeping in the container, and they delivered him to us at the airport three hours before our flight. We entered Thailand at Suvarnabhumi airport, and our dog was delivered directly to the baggage area. We wheeled him over to the animal control checkpoint, paid a small fee of around 100 baht, got his papers stamped and all was done before our luggage arrived. This was over five years ago, so the procedures at the airport may have changed. It was worth the money to the kennel to make sure everything was done properly.

It is the easiest way however a costly one. Had 2 shipped less than 2 years ago( had to be cargo due to their size and airline regulations ) cost me in total over $5000

• Like 1

When I brought my three mutts in, all that was required was a certificate of health from my local government veterinarian.

Things have changed

I don't think they have changed a bit.

Please give us a reference to where it is stated an import license is required.

Things have changed

I don't think they have changed a bit.

Please give us a reference to where it is stated an import license is required.

Read other threads or call , do not make up inaccurate facts based on what was years ago.

As I said, less than 2 years ago it was required.

Read my post again. I did not "make up inaccurate facts," (which is a contradiction in terms by the way) I simply recalled my three experiences.

Just emailed a buddy of mine who brought his dog over in October 2014.

He had the USDA vet paper, paid 600 baht, and went right through. So, if the rules have changed, perhaps they are not being (consistently) enforced.

Hi everybody..

First of all thanks a lot to everybody..

My dog comes with me in cabin... I should have told it at the beginning..

I had sent a mail 6 months ago to that [email protected] and within 48 hours they replied telling me I should send per mail all pet details with snap, copy of my passport and visa and they would issue an import licence at the earliest 45 days and not less than 15 days from arrival..

I try from mid december onwards to get an answer from them, asking if nothing changed during those 6 months.. and don't get any answer.. I phoned and mailed again as they requested me to do, saying they could not find my mail.. and again no answer.. My problem is also that I live in South America and have to get up quite early to phone them..

Anyway I will try to send today the entire file they asked for in their mail dated 6 months ago.. and if I can't get any answer after in case mailing again and phoning, I will in any case come with the pet, health certificate, vaccinations in order and copy of the mails I sent without getting answers..

I take into account your answers and mainly those saying I won't get a problem as long as I have a health certificate and papers.. 10 years ago when I was living in Thailand, in fact they never checked anything in custom for the dog.. but they were caring more to get out of Thailand and every time I had to go to the airport a few days before to make an export licence

Thanks everybody

Have a nice week end

• Like 1

Hello Dom Dom

This was our experience of Bringing our Dog into Thailand

We landed in Thailand August 2013.

We contacted the Animal quarantine station at Suvarnabhumi airport before we left Canada, and they stated we would have to e-mail, (prior to our departure) a

CFIA Health Certificate with the appropriate vaccinations signed by our Vet ,CFIA Vet, Passport info, Flight ticket, pic of dog and a Form 1/1 which was downloaded from the Department of Livestock Development. (If I remember correctly) We sent all this info via e-mail to Anusorn Kosathip at the animal quarantine office.

[email protected] Phone # 66 2 1340731

She sent a e-mail back within 2 days with an attached certificate granting us permission to bring our dog into Thailand, which was valid for 45 days.

We took all this paperwork along with the dog, (He was shipped as excess luggage) to the animal quarantine office at Swampy, they filled out more forms cant remember the form number and after signing and paying 100 baht. we were sent to customs. After paying 1000 baht to customs we were on our way.

I hope this helps, if you like you can PM me and I will give you more specifics of the procedure.

S.B.

So there seems to be conflicting information regarding this, but this was our experience.

Edited by smilingbuddah
  • Like 2

Hello

This is the info they gave me also in july.. my problem is I don't get any answer to my mails asking wether anything changed.. I will tomorrow fill the form and send it through mail with all papers you list and which is effectively what they asked me to send in their mail dated july.. and hopefully I will receive the form.. Otherwise I will try to phone again and last I will come with all documentation and do it in the airport (hopefully without problems..)....

Thanks and have a nice week end

It is the easiest way however a costly one. Had 2 shipped less than 2 years ago( had to be cargo due to their size and airline regulations ) cost me in total over $5000

I was quoted $3300 USD by an international pet shipping company to have 1 dog sent from the US to Chiang Mai... I told the agent it would be cheaper for me to fly back to the US, get the dog and fly back with her in the cargo hold... Which is exactly what I'm going to do...

Hello Dom Dom

We contacted the Animal quarantine station at Suvarnabhumi airport before we left Canada, and they stated we would have to e-mail, (prior to our departure) a

CFIA Health Certificate with the appropriate vaccinations signed by our Vet ,CFIA Vet, Passport info, Flight ticket, pic of dog and a Form 1/1 which was downloaded from the Department of Livestock Development. (If I remember correctly) We sent all this info via e-mail to Anusorn Kosathip at the animal quarantine office.

She sent a e-mail back within 2 days with an attached certificate granting us permission to bring our dog into Thailand, which was valid for 45 days.

We took all this paperwork along with the dog, (He was shipped as excess luggage) to the animal quarantine office at Swampy, they filled out more forms cant remember the form number and after signing and paying 100 baht. we were sent to customs. After paying 1000 baht to customs we were on our way.

I hope this helps, if you like you can PM me and I will give you more specifics of the procedure.

S.B.

So there seems to be conflicting information regarding this, but this was our experience.

Requirements can be found here:

http://aqi.dld.go.th/th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=297:importation-of-live-animals&catid=80:kmresearch-&Itemid=123

and import/export application form can be found here:

http://aqi.dld.go.th/th/images/stories/document/form-movement/form-r1-1.pdf

Hello

I come beginning of march to live in Thailand and I have a small 3 kg yorki.. From mid december onwards I have sent 4 mails to the following mail address which seems to be valid : [email protected] to ask them what I have to send per mail to get the import licence.. No answer..

I phoned last tuesday and they seemed not to find my mails and asked to resend which I did.. Again no answer.. Does anybody know if there is another mail address ?? or what to do ?? because if I reach without the import licence I could be in trouble.. Any idea ??

Thanks everybody

Have a nice week end..

Used jetpets. Bit exxy though. Easy to get them in. Out is another issues so make sure you are aware, especially if you are from oz.

OB

Hello

Even if I speak english.. I am french.. so pls could you explain your post.. ???laugh.png

I have been living in Thailand for 4 years 13 years ago (left last time in 2005) and had no problems going on holiday or back home with my Yorkies.. I only had to go to the airport veterinary center a few days before leaving, they were issuing an export licence which was checked by the airline..

To tell the truth I entered 4 times into Thailand from 2001 and 2004... and nobody asked me for anything (even if I had with me all documentations, health certificate, vaccination records etc.. etc..)

Have a nice sunday

Yes, sorry.. this is what I don't understand..

Used jetpets. Bit exxy though

Thanks..

My apologies. I used a company called jetpets to move my dog. Very professional and experienced but a bit expensive. I could have flown biz class from Europe for what it cost me to fly my dog from singapore.

OB

Nienke, on 17 Jan 2015 - 22:27, said:
smilingbuddah, on 17 Jan 2015 - 18:48, said:

Hello Dom Dom

S.B.

Requirements can be found here:

http://aqi.dld.go.th/th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=297:importation-of-live-animals&catid=80:kmresearch-&Itemid=123

and import/export application form can be found here:

http://aqi.dld.go.th/th/images/stories/document/form-movement/form-r1-1.pdf

Yes, sorry.. this is what I don't understand..

Used jetpets. Bit exxy though

Thanks..

My apologies. I used a company called jetpets to move my dog. Very professional and experienced but a bit expensive. I could have flown biz class from Europe for what it cost me to fly my dog from singapore.

OB

but it was worth every penny,in our house my beloved dog is KING.so nothing but first class.

Edited by meatboy
  • Like 1

Sorry if this haa been mentioned already. I scanned the thread rather quickky.

When I brought my dog from the States I needed a transit permit as we landed in Taipei. I didnt see the dog there as she was in her dog carrier. ALSO.....As coming from the States I just used my Vet....WRONG . Thailand requires a Govt Vet certification. The officer made a huge deal out of it and said he might have to send the dog back. I told him that would be fine just not send me back. He laughed, said he could help...in the end cost 100b.