Shocker ! ! ! Andrew Drummond Leaving Thailand

Gonzo the Face

Seems the court ruled against AD

Blimey!

Andrew, are you now a fugitive from Thai criminal law?

As well as several others on this thread it seems... rolleyes.gif

This gets more exciting by the minute this thread.

Who else is on the run?

Can the Thais file for extradition?

I cannot see how he could be extradited for a crime that does not exist in the UK.

The newspapers that printed the stories were not found guilty.

I hope not too. Load of old pony.

Andrew and family are best off home. Here in good 'ol Blighty.

Yes smart people with an opinion are unwanted here...

He mightn't be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I would dearly love to know how Tim Ward has maintained a current visa for so many years while others have been shown the door. As for opinions, he's never short in that department - I could only shake my head when one of my Thai associates told me her brother thinks he's 'cool' after his tirade at the Pattaya cop shop.

418326_2759626911356_1278283072_32297974

Not the sharpest tool ? Mmmmm..i read somewhere in one Australian newspaper that he was one of the richest residents of Queensland.

• 1 month later...

The world is a much better place with the likes of Andrew Drummond, who is as brave as any soldier. He knows the best (his Thai wife and kids, the food, most of the people, etc..) and the worst of Thailand, an utter dichotomy that would be beyond comprehension for many, but for journalists like Andrew, and Phuketwan Editor Alan Morison, who also fits the category of brave warrior, although these folks would deny it, such is their modest mentality..

But when the lowest common denominator of foreign scum pays off corrupt Thai police, and other assorted thugs, for any number of nefarious activities, where morals and ethics are found at the end of a gun barrel, or at the tip of a machete...whether we are reading about no good Goudie on Andrew Drummond.com, or the marginalized Rohingya on Phuketwan.com.

According to the thugs, Mr. Drummond's best-buy date was up years ago, yet he remains relatively fresh, quite undaunted, however cognizant that he has a family that has to come first. He's smart enough to know that he'd be little use to his cherished family, if the thugs (farang and Thai) got their way.

Whether Islam extremists, corrupt Thai police, or expat criminals languishing in Pattaya, all those with the conscience of a plastic flower, with the morals and ethics of a cornered rat, need to be put under the spotlight, or else the rats will continue their depravities, their scams, their murders unabated...in murky shadows, where they prefer to be of course.

Virtually every one of them are cowards, when isolated. Consequently, folks of this ilk stick together, like sh-- on a blanket.

Journalists like Andrew and Alan are in the same category as Charlie Hebdo, they are modest, albeit imperfect people, light years ahead of their adversaries, in terms of a moral compass. Now it's up to readers of conscience, to help them, to emulate them in some small way, like sharing information that could save lives. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

What a good post. In all aspects. My compliments.

As he is out of Thailand, Andrew seems to be upping the ante on exposing Thai expats of "alleged" dubious nature. Alleged, like cigarettes were alleged to cause cancer..

When the spotlight hits, these guys will fight back with all their might, as we are seeing. They are none too happy that Andrew's website is getting close to half a million hits per month.

Andrew exposes these guys for what they are, as they make a mad scramble to enact the arcane Thai libel laws, with the help of like-minded cronies, to stifle justice, even as this short reply is written..

Their sycophants are hard at work as well, ensuring that "Hierarchy-Grovelling 101" is still available at your local street corner, or Soi as it were..

He's after the boiler room boys. I lost 40 million Baht in the stock market, another story for another day..suffice to say I did not jump over an abysmally short railing..

Signed,

A Fan

Yes smart people with an opinion are unwanted here...

He mightn't be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I would dearly love to know how Tim Ward has maintained a current visa for so many years while others have been shown the door. As for opinions, he's never short in that department - I could only shake my head when one of my Thai associates told me her brother thinks he's 'cool' after his tirade at the Pattaya cop shop.

418326_2759626911356_1278283072_32297974

Tourist visa.

Entry for 60 days then 30 day extension.

Fly back to OZ and rinse and repeat. (i did read somewhere he goes back to Oz every 3 months to renew visa).

He Tums 50 this year and will be eligible for a retirement visa.

As he is out of Thailand, Andrew seems to be upping the ante on exposing Thai expats of "alleged" dubious nature. Alleged, like cigarettes were alleged to cause cancer..

When the spotlight hits, these guys will fight back with all their might, as we are seeing. They are none too happy that Andrew's website is getting close to half a million hits per month.

Andrew exposes these guys for what they are, as they make a mad scramble to enact the arcane Thai libel laws, with the help of like-minded cronies, to stifle justice, even as this short reply is written..

Their sycophants are hard at work as well, ensuring that "Hierarchy-Grovelling 101" is still available at your local street corner, or Soi as it were..

He's after the boiler room boys. I lost 40 million Baht in the stock market, another story for another day..suffice to say I did not jump over an abysmally short railing..

Signed,

A Fan

I, and I am sure many others, would be interested in knowing how that happened, ie 40 M Bht loss

Was it a boiler room scam or a genuine stock which just plummeted once you bought in. If it was genuine stock, what made you buy, and could you not hold on to recover?

Sorry for your monetary loss, always interested in knowing how to avoid such pitfalls. Sounds like you are taking it well.

• Like 1

Signed,

A Fan

I, and I am sure many others, would be interested in knowing how that happened, ie 40 M Bht loss

Was it a boiler room scam or a genuine stock which just plummeted once you bought in. If it was genuine stock, what made you buy, and could you not hold on to recover?

Sorry for your monetary loss, always interested in knowing how to avoid such pitfalls. Sounds like you are taking it well.

thats 1.2 million. could not have been diversified. likely lost in the real estate sectpr or a bank that went under. enough to retire on if invested wisely.

I assume khun Andrew has had his latest log in banned as well? He is not so much an investigative reporter as a recycler of gossip, title tattle and half truths. His personal duels with certain people are tiresome and boring. He has said he is proud of being a 'sensationalist journalist' I think that sums him up well. The bottom line is his enemies are still living in Thailand while he had little choice but to leave. Did some good work there is no doubt about it, but too flawed, lightweight and vindictive to be taken seriously as a journalist of any note.

Edited by dragonfly94
  • Like 2

I assume khun Andrew has had his latest log in banned as well? He is not so much an investigative reporter as a recycler of gossip, title tattle and half truths. His personal duels with certain people are tiresome and boring. He has said he is proud of being a 'sensationalist journalist' I think that sums him up well. The bottom line is his enemies are still living in Thailand while he had little choice but to leave. Did some good work there is no doubt about it, but too flawed, lightweight and vindictive to be taken seriously as a journalist of any note.

I thought being in the UK would enable him to publish some real, game-changing evidence against the guys who ran him out of Thailand but, frankly, you can hear the crickets chirping with every new story.

I thought being in the UK would enable him to publish some real, game-changing evidence against the guys who ran him out of Thailand but, frankly, you can hear the crickets chirping with every new story.

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe all in due time - who knows whats really going on behind the scenes.. for all we know he could be still here.. no one knows for sure or did he post a picture of himself in the UK holding up a recent news paper? I haven't seen one.

Not shooting him down. Been reading a lot and actually met some of the corruption and violence victims he wrote about. They all spoke highly of him as well. He supported a lot of people tremendously.

Hats off to AD - he certainly didn't do it for the money. Whatever his motivation was.. I applaud him for exposing all the Pattaya scum and having enough spine to stick it out in TH for so long.

• Like 2

But is it true? can you believe what he says and really do we care? Most know where the money came from for some Nanaplaza bars and a certain pub in Bkk, but they are still popular. Should we all stop posting on here morally outraged by his revelations? Hardly, and I think as time goes on he will seem like an increasingly irrelevant and out of touch figure.

But is it true? can you believe what he says and really do we care? Most know where the money came from for some Nanaplaza bars and a certain pub in Bkk, but they are still popular. Should we all stop posting on here morally outraged by his revelations? Hardly, and I think as time goes on he will seem like an increasingly irrelevant and out of touch figure.

Good point. I am still trying to figure out who those 2 bald brits in his latest 'one direction' article are or why they matter.

Or what the point of the article is. Some band gets drunk in club after their concert. How is that news worthy. Someone enlighten me please.

Like I said, no idea if he is still in bangkok or not but if he isn't he must have others working for him here that supply him with information.

The last point you made is a good one.

Andrew Drummond "...will seem like an increasingly irrelevant and out of touch figure."

The sleazy side of life in Thailand is what he wrote about as an investigative journalist. That was his beat, and now he's gone.

No longer on the scene, it's like reading the mainstream media. Imagine Bernard 'NiteOwl' Trink in his heyday, covering the bars and fleshpots of Bangkok and Pattaya from someplace like Canada.

The only think I really know about the rights and wrongs of what he wrote was when he stuck a photo of a neighbor who lived in the same condo on his site. According to khun Andrew he was a boiler room operative, according to everyone else he was an English teacher, the guy was mortified. He should have got in touch and asked him to take it off, but never did. He claimed he was working at a School nearby and was in the wrong place at the wrong time when the photo was taken, assuming it was near where the BR boys were active. One of them was wrong, I tended to believe the teacher.

Why do you call him "khun"?

• Like 1

Why do you call him "khun"?

I think he's trying to show his Thainess

• Like 1