Moto GP - WSBK - 2015

soihok

Just got back from Sepang.

Quite a crazy incident between Rossi and Marquez.

Looks like Rossi's tactics have back fired spectacularly.

Shame that this had to happen, the race was awesome up to that point.

I haven't seen the circuit as packed as that before, getting away was hectic as ever though.

Cheer's

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad not to have seen Danny Kent lift the title.

It was difficult trying to work out if he had or not, there isn't the same commentary as you get on TV. I thought he had won until I eventually got on line a few hours later.

On to Spain it goes.

Title looks to be Lorenzo's, with Rossi starting at the back.

What an end to the season.

Sad that it has become sour though

Just got home...

Wow!

I too was really disappointed not to see Kent crowned, but as someone in another forum said: He seems to be looking for ways to lose it... I hope he doesn't let the pressure get to him (again) at Valencia.

Something tells me that Rossi won't be getting a very warm welcome from the Spanish fans!!

I wanted to see Rossi claim a tenth world championship, but not like that.

The below quote is taken off the crash.net website.

"Lorenzo, who explained that he left the podium celebrations following the race because he was physically drained and needed time to recover, was asked how he regarded his relationship with Marquez, who has been accused by Rossi of favouring the Majorcan for the title.

“He is one of the best, if not the best at this moment in MotoGP and a lot of respect, nothing more,” Lorenzo said."

I saw the podium celebrations, there was outstanding " boo-ing" from the crowd as Lorenzo lifted his trophy. For me its really out of order booing a guy that has just run a great race without incident (unlike Vale, who received a hero's celebration). No wonder Lorenzo left the podium.

Rossi - well, he has done these things before (Stoner and Gibernau) but always seems to get away with it.

I hope that being relegated to the back of the grid in Spain makes him realise that he is not bigger than the sport (although not far off).

I too would like to see him win his 10th Championship, but as you say, it must be fair. MotoGP really doesn't need this kind of controversy.

Shame about Danny Kent, I really though he had wrapped it up.

In 2009 I went to the British MotoGP.

The crowd were booing Casey Stonor.

Really can't get my head around it.

Lets leave booing for football games, not a life risking sport like Motorbike racing.

I am on several motorcycle sport forums, and on nearly all of them the concensus is that Valentino over-stepped the mark and people are genuinely disappointed with him, but it didn't seem that the majority of Malaysians have that sentiment, or they didn´t yesterday at least....

I have a lot of Spanish friends (I lived there for nearly 10 years) and there is a huge sense of disappointment amongst the Spanish fans.

Many of them were fans / supporters of Valentino, even shrugging off and sometimes laughing about the Gibernau incidents, but the comments I have read on Spanish forums and in the press and on Facebook seem to show that according to the country where the biggest percentage of the population follows motorcycle sport, a hero has fallen.

A message sent to me by one of my friends says "we have lost a legend".

It's contentious and 2 wrongs don't make a right. But I thought Marquez was making no effort to win the race, it seemed like he made a mistake and ran wide to let Lorenzo through, could easily have been deliberate, then he concentrated solely on being a blowfly in a bottle around Rossi, whom he could apparently pass at will but not pull away from. I don't buy the letting my tyres warm up and cool down before they come into their own on the emptying fuel tank bullshit that he trotted out as his excuse for his variable speed. Certainly before the race Pedrosa was favoured due to his qualifying pace with MM the only one capable of beating him. Yamaha were ready to fight out 3rd and 4th.

So yes Rossi was wrong to slow down like he did on the racing line, (although the commentators and everyone else were adamant that Rossi forced Marquez wide I saw it as another MM mistake after his latest cigarette paper pass). I can understand his frustration though at having to have an unnecessary at times dangerous, elbow jarring dice with a (Richard head) who had whatever spoilt brat reason for wanting to slow him down and let Jorge get away.

Edited by Bluetongue

It seams to me that most people are missing a crucial point1.................. A few questions. 1, Who are the contenders for the championship. 2, Who said to the media that Pedrosa & Marquez were helping me win the world championship. Remember 2013 at about this same time , where controversial comments were made by this same person. Which were a mistake and it took more than one year to realise that, Now in a similar position as 2013 a different strategy has emerged . And Vale has swallowed it big time. Food for thought NO.

Well it's all a bit of a moot point now. The most likely scenario in which Valentino from the back of the grid wins the championship is Jorge in 3rd, Valentino 6th, I cant see him for instance being able to take 2nd if Jorge wins or 3rd if Jorge comes 2nd.

In any case Marc my words it will not be allowed to happen

Sorry IB1B4 I don't recall many of Jorge's comments in 2013, so are you saying that Jorge's strategy now is what? because it looks to me like he is smirking away in the background at being gifted a world title but that's not a strategy that's just luck's a fortune surely

Of course if Jorge or neither of them finish then Valentino would be champion. Anyone want to take odds on that.

I don't think Marc is helping Jorge because he is Spanish, I think there are a number of possible reasons for it to be more palatable to be beaten by Jorge. In future years when Marquez has as many championships as Rossi - which could happen, and the inevitable comparisons are made he will be able to say that Valentino never won it while he was there. Also there could still be ill feeling from other incidents such as Assen that are driving him.

Whatever, the crafted veneer that has been his public persona has cracked a bit and underneath is a spoilt kid with a bit of a nasty streak, BTW did anyone catch the father's reaction, not only to this but on other times as well, one can see where the boys get it from. If I was Mr Honda I wouldn't want him in there.

Yes. Imagine if Marquez took put lo. The iony.

If Iaonne took out Lo.. The controversy

Controversy NO ....More in the lines of (;;; Spain declares WAR on Italy;;wink.png Na just joking. espera y Ver'as...........Sorry typo. Edited by ib1b4

I hope Danny Kent doesn't cave further in under the pressure.

It is evident that it has got to him recently.

Oliviera (?) Is on a right winning streak isn't he.

Ooohhh the suspense.

I got the feeling watching Kent over the last few weeks that he has stopped riding to win and for fun and enjoyment. Then he's got into this spiral of only needing to finish 3rd, tenth or whatever and then it has become a self fulfilling prophecy as he falls off, gets taken out etc

This time I think its what 13th or better?, I sure hope he gets out the front and puts his head down, that's the way to win it. Of course the other method will probably work but you've got a lot of young guys around you that have nothing to lose.

I liked this quote from another poster on another forum: "The title is Kent's to lose, and it looks like he is trying everything to do just that".

As much as it pains me to say it, but Oliveira looks the better rider.

I don't think Kent has changed the way he is riding in a concious way, he is simply letting the nerves get to him.

The incident with Antonelli in Aus and the running wide at the last corner in Sepang are classic nervous failures.

The worry is that even if his nerves hold in Valencia, there are too many variables around, other riders, the weather, mechanical failures etc....

Edited by Overandout

No Overandout I must disagree. Danny Kent was far and away the best rider for at least the first half probably a bit more. As Kent's confidence and performance has dropped off Oliveira is certainly making hay I don't think he's any better, also the bike has improved, ie Binder is doing much better and also Hanika when he stays on

No Overandout I must disagree. Danny Kent was far and away the best rider for at least the first half probably a bit more. As Kent's confidence and performance has dropped off Oliveira is certainly making hay I don't think he's any better, also the bike has improved, ie Binder is doing much better and also Hanika when he stays on

Don't get me wrong Bluetongue, Danny certainly has been the best rider so far, hence he has more points, but Miguel has out-classed him since he has returned from his injury.

Yes the KTM has improved, but that doesn't mean that Oliveira is only winning because of the bike.

Anyway, we will know who has been the best over the entire season in 10 days time!!

This is such a drama.

Wish every end to the MotoGP championship was like this.

Unless the " board" are in the VR46 corner his appeal has no chance.

Saying that, after viewing the laps building up to and the actual incident itself ( to me looks like Marc called his bluff and leaned into Vale), he does have a shout.

I am going to shout,

" Come on Vale".

Edited by soihok

Well Jorge lawyered up to try and get a say in the proceedings and they knocked him back, decision will be out on the 6th,ie first day of practice.

Honda are adamant that Rossi kicked out and hit Marquez front brake lever causing the crash, the video evidence of this is not really there.

I don't think Rossi kicked out I think he slowed down to remonstrate with Marquez, like <deleted> are you doing?

Marquez other argument is that how could he be accused of helping Lorenzo at Phillip Island when he went on to overtake him and win the race. In my opinion that was after he had well and truly mixed himself up in a dogfight with Rossi and Iannone which amazingly he could pull away from after apparently being unable to do so for many laps. Oh that's right he has great difficulty riding with a full tank, not that that seemed to worry him in his many front running performances to win 2 world championships