Surachai says Ms Yingluck can use ex-ministers’ answers in her defence

Lite Beer

Surachai says Ms Yingluck can use ex-ministers’ answers in her defence

11-11-2557-14-39-12-wpcf_728x411.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has the right to use the answers from her four ex-ministers in her closing statement which she is due to deliver to the National Legislative Assembly on Thursday.

NLA vice president Surachai Liangboonlertchai said Sunday that Ms Yingluck could seize the opportunity to defend herself all the doubts regarding the rice pledging scheme and to clarify why she missed the grilling session in the parliament last Friday.

Former deputy prime ministers Kittirat Na-Ranong and Niwattumrong Bunsongpaisan, former PM’s Office minister Varathep Rattanakorn and former deputy commerce minister Yanyong Phuangrach answered the NACC’s questions in YouTube in defence of Ms Yingluck.

Mr Surachai said that the NLA had given fair chance for both the NACC and Ms Yingluck to present their cases. He added that if Ms Yingluck is unable to answer any of the questions she could ask for permission from the NLA president to allow any of her teammates to defend on her behalf.

He reiterated that the NLA is independent and free from interference or dictation from any party.

He further said that many people are eagerly waiting for the former prime minister to defend herself against the impeachment bid against her.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/surachai-says-ms-yingluck-can-use-ex-ministers-answers-defence

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-18

• Like 1

The last sentence says a fair bit doesn't it, even though they are going to accept the answers from her 'helpers' she still has to get up on her hind legs and defend herself.

Which implies that she will be asked some questions.

But hang on a bit here, as her 'team' were given the questions and have leapt in quick to give answers, the NACC which has also to give a closing statement now has the answers and a week to produce evidence to refute those answers in their closing statement.

Should they be able to produce documented proof that the answers given are false or misleading then it will completely trump the defense.

Could this be a full magazine shot in both feet by the brilliant defense team ?

Good point! Are the answers given on Youtube different from previous statements?

The last sentence says a fair bit doesn't it, even though they are going to accept the answers from her 'helpers' she still has to get up on her hind legs and defend herself.

But hang on a bit here, as her 'team' were given the questions and have leapt in quick to give answers, the NACC which has also to give a closing statement now has the answers and a week to produce evidence to refute those answers in their closing statement.

Should they be able to produce documented proof that the answers given are false or misleading then it will completely trump the defense.

sssshhhhh! Don't give the game away ... they need her to actually speak the words "under oath" for the upcoming criminal trial. Why do you think she always avoids answering ANY question directly. The other 4 on the other hand have posted their answers publicly, clever.

• Like 2

I think Thailand needs to get someone like Jeremy Paxman in to ask

the questions, she needs a good grilling.

But then again its not Thainess to ask questions in an forceful manner,

so as soon as she starts crying they will give up.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

Didn't she brag prior to her becoming PM how business-savvy she was and that back at AIS she was "personally" taking care of 15 million customers (which she thought was some sort of justification for her entering politics, I guess).

I was rolling on the floor in laughter back then and thought: "Not. Her employees were taking care of 15 million customers, while she probably enjoyed extended luncheons every day followed by customary visits to the next department store's fashion sections afterwards."

Isn't that what just about every CEO/CFO/COO does? Take credit for the success of the organization while he/she was in charge? Hell, that's what middle managers do.

What's interesting here is that the ruling military junta seized power and declared the previous constitution null and void...thus voiding whatever legal framework existed to "impeach" the previous administration. In addition, they proclaimed themselves free from any future prosecution. Funny how that works, huh?

One suspects that when the next administration who disagrees with the ruling military junta takes over, they will then void the ruling military junta's claim that they cannot be prosecuted. See how that works?

Same sh!t, different day. And so it goes, on and on.

Exactly, diplomatico. And that is why Thailand has had 17 constitutions since 1932 (soon to be 18). To flog the old horse, you could say Thailand is a true hub of constitutions. Granted, that is certainly nothing to be proud of.

But what I actually wanted to convey with my little tale was that YL didn't have a clue (as CEO) of what was really going on at AIS, and she likewise didn't have any clue (as a PM) what was going on in her government, hence she has always been so awkward in answering in-depth questions. And when she did, her answers were largely meaningless and incoherent gibberish beating around the bush - just like her opening "clarifications" at the NLA recently.

If I were her, I'd have avoided the subsequent NLA grilling like the plague, too, and only sent my "representatives" instead. She MUST have realized how utterly she failed in the first instance.

But in the end, as CEO or PM, the buck stops with her and full responsibility on all matters rests on her weak shoulders. If her staff had neglected her 15 million AIS customers, she would have had to take the rap. The same goes for her ministers and officials neglecting (nay, abusing and corrupting!) the rice subsidy policy. As not only the PM at the time but also the chairwoman of the committee overseeing this disastrous program, she must face the music.

As a high-flying executive, one cannot only claim all the credit when things go right, but also must be prepared to face up to the consequences when things go awry. That is the price one pays for being an executive with leisurely luncheons and lots of spare time. In that context, she can now not just simply say, "it's someone else's fault" or, "I knew nothing, thus I'm innocent".

Can't wait to hear her final statements (if she actually turns up in person, that is). I probably will be rolling on the floor in laughter once more.

Edited by Misterwhisper

I cannot believe people here are discussing this farce

Could you imagine Rupert Murdock not attending the special parliamentary committee set up to investigate the phone tap scandal then getting some people to answer questions via a youtube video .............seriously

I must say I am embarrassed for the poor women.

It reminds me of a kid at school with learning difficulties needing assistance in class because they are not capable of doing the work themselves or don't have enough cognitive capacity to understand the questions.

Kentucky State University comes to mind. The only Masters graduate that could not actually speak the language the degree was taught in.

She would certainly be a good dodge ball player. She has dodged every single responsibility she has been tasked with.

"Kentucky State University comes to mind. The only Masters graduate that could not actually speak the language the degree was taught in."

I guess this ought not be a surprise b/c many "Kentuckyians" might have difficulty with the English language too. LOL LOL
na na na just kidding. lol

If Ms. Yingluck relies on her ex-ministers answers does that mean she implicitly or explicitly acknowledged she agrees with all they stated?

Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has the right to use the answers from her four ex-ministers in her closing statement which she is due to deliver to the National Legislative Assembly on Thursday.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif "Copy and paste for eternity"cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif what a priceless "template", everlasting good for the next generation of next generation crooked puppets....

I cannot believe people here are discussing this farce

Could you imagine Rupert Murdock not attending the special parliamentary committee set up to investigate the phone tap scandal then getting some people to answer questions via a youtube video .............seriously

I could not imagine in UK a former PM scrutinised for impeachment by an assembly appointed by the political faction who has blocked election and made a coup in order to overthrow a legally elected government.

I could not imagine in UK a person like Yingluck getting anywhere near the PM seat except on a guided tour for visitors. Her only job was to warm the PM seat with Shinawatra buttocks until Thaksin came back in pomp and glory on the annual royal pardon. And she was selected by her brother because her obvious and blatant incompetence would prevent her from flying solo and leave him hanging high and dry in Dubai.

Thaksin´s biggest mistake was that he kept her on the PM job even after it had become clear that he would have to face a protracted and arduous uphill battle to get officially back into Thai politics.

We will have her as Australia's P.M, she may be a numbnut but she would win in a landslide against the current British guy who is P.M of Australia.

Too mentally incapable to answer questions. I noticed that in the previous press interview attempts with her (like all of them as seen on youtube!) Simply the most incompetent person ever in politics. Bet PTP regret this nomination... even chalerm was a bit brighter, now that's sad!

Edited by gemini81

Now they are taking the piss out of her.

He added that if Ms Yingluck is unable to answer any of the questions she could ask for permission from the NLA president to allow any of her teammates to defend on her behalf.

They know she is unable to give any answers herself so they are making it more obvious to the people what a dumb she is.

Good for them.

Just remember, it is not against the law to be stupid or incompetent. It is against the law to

steal money from the pledging program, which no doubt many, many did. The question I

want answered is did she. For me I think she was to0 dumb and is a pawn of her brother.

So I am not sure she is guilty of anything other than being stupid.

Edited by Ulic

He added that if Ms Yingluck is unable to answer any of the questions she could ask for permission from the NLA president to allow any of her teammates to defend on her behalf.

They know she is unable to give any answers herself so they are making it more obvious to the people what a dumb she is.

Good for them.

Just remember, it is not against the law to be stupid or incompetent. It is against the law to

steal money from the pledging program, which no doubt many, many did. The question I

want answered is did she. For me I think she was to0 dumb and is a pawn of her brother.

I agree with you, but remember that being a Prime Minister of a country and being stupid, is a crime.

There are no excuses for her and she should be punished.

Good for them.

I agree with you, but remember that being a Prime Minister of a country and being stupid, is a crime.

There are no excuses for her and she should be punished.

On the other hand 310 or so MP's elected one MP amongst them as 'primus inter pares', the first amongst equals AKA PM. Should we charge those MPs with negligence for electing an alleged stupid person, or should all be charge with 'stupidity' ?