Beach vendors still defy govt’s orders at Pattaya and Jomthien

webfact

Do any Thais respect any law ?

I think not.

Do any farang have any sense of perspective?

I think not.

We're talking about beach vendors not sex tourist kiddie fiddlers or terrorist bombers.

I guess in Farang Land the police are largely redundant and the prisons vacant because everyone there has such respect for the law.

Sorry Suradit. Your comment is way beyond any comprehension. I cannot believe the dribble just written

Less so than yours.

I think not.

I think not.

We're talking about beach vendors not sex tourist kiddie fiddlers or terrorist bombers.

I guess in Farang Land the police are largely redundant and the prisons vacant because everyone there has such respect for the law.

Sorry Suradit. Your comment is way beyond any comprehension. I cannot believe the dribble just written

May you possibly have issues with sarcasm Mr Larry? facepalm.gif

they might impose a 500-million baht fine first, and if the same offense is repeated, violator could face a one week ban from business ….

I'm thinking if they can pay the 500 million baht fine, a week off without pay ain't gonna change anything.

500 million baht fine, must be a typo. All the vendors together could not put that amount of money together. Anyway I agree the beaches need to be cleaned up but to remove all is ridiculous. I do not want to go to the beach without an umbrella and someone serving me food / drink and lie in the sun unprotected and get shrivelled up like a prune and risk getting skin cancer. Yes reduce the number of vendors leaving say a 20m gap between them thereby leaving plenty of beach free for those that want it. They won't do that because the officials getting paid by the vendors would lose their income. I know of one vendor who paid 1.5 million for his plot on Jomtien Beach so bet his is pissed off knowing the powers that be had NO right to sell hiim his plot in the first place

• Like 1

Bring in the Army and Confiscate their chairs and Umbrellas and destroy them, Fine them and take them to Jail and then they may think twice for a week or two

Oh and get a New ChIef of Police...

Edited by sscsamui

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think not.

I think Yes...Those Thais who control the law respect the law - for other Thais to follow.

Personally I like sitting on the beach in Jomtien and having food and drink brought to me under the shade of an umbrella I didn't have to lug down to the beach myself...

Me too and I do it all the time when I come to Jomtien. 40 baht a chair for all day use, sit in shade under an umbrella and just relaxing, have a meal and a few beers, love it.

• Like 2

they might impose a 500-million baht fine first, and if the same offense is repeated, violator could face a one week ban from business ….

I'm thinking if they can pay the 500 million baht fine, a week off without pay ain't gonna change anything.

I am of the same opinion. Why the huge fine! Simply put security in place to avoid them setting up. That would be cheaper and less a Sissyphean task. I suppose people love the backlash. Just work the system and the laws of the land. If Municiple or the Townhall in Pattaya issued those licences, then they need to first withdraw them and then go about through the judicial or police force to implement it.

Do not follow or prove the saying " new broom sweeps well!" right. Make it permanent and benefiting to society. Wonder who is going to loose face in this muscle up....of protest.

I think not.

I think not.

May you possibly have issues with sarcasm Mr Larry? facepalm.gif

OH Dear someone on a rant has truly missed the plot!! Funny but I am beginning to get the impression, the word farang is a Thais limitation on understanding or comprehending the amount of nations involved in that word and the vastness of that represented in Thailand, let alone Pattaya. I am not denying though the topic - the beach. you have a nice beach, though not the best in the world. The whole carribean, Islands in the Indian ocean.... Thailand has been choosen by some because someone in the past did give us a good impression and treat us like human beings, not as farangs! as portrayed - sex tourist, kiddie fiddlers....a good description, Well in the jungle there are all sorts - let the law take care of that. you do not have to flood the beach to prove your point that you do not want us in your country!

Personally I like sitting on the beach in Jomtien and having food and drink brought to me under the shade of an umbrella I didn't have to lug down to the beach myself...

I am sure there will be places to go get food and drink, they are rarely absent in Thailand.

Just be nice to have clear sand to enable a person to walk.

Difficult to walk down Beach Rd, that keeps being filled up with vendors.......

Edited by jacko45k

What am I missing here? Isn't a million baht about $32,000 U.S. dollars? and 500 times that is about $16,000,000.

If you combind every vendor on every beach, I don't think they could ever come up with that much?

What you are missing is the hyphen between 500 and one million.

From 500 baht to one million baht.

Get the police/army to clean up the beach,,,,if they doing it again clean up the beach close up the chop ,give them the bill and fine them and put them in jail fro 3 months if they do it again after the 3 months ..double the jail sentence .Guaranteed to work. clap2.gif

I am sure there will be places to go get food and drink, they are rarely absent in Thailand.

Just be nice to have clear sand to enable a person to walk.

Difficult to walk down Beach Rd, that keeps being filled up with vendors.......

Thats right there are plenty of chairs and umbrellas for those that wish and now long expanses of sandy beach for others About 50/50 now And the less vendors and touts lying around all day smoking cigarettes and taking up half the beach walk in places the better.

• Like 1

500 million Baht fine is.............get ready...........$15,151,515.00 American dollars. Can you say mis-print.......mis-print.

I get the idea of wanting to have a clean beach. But, have tourists complained there hasn't been enough of it? What is the impetus by the military to impose these restrictions on vendors/chair/umbrella folks? Chairs are side by side. I'm on the beach and I want shade......thus umbrella's. If someone doesn't want one they take it away. Just ask.

What are they wanting....a nice areal view for photos? From the water a natural look? Then, one day a week nothing! I wouldn't go to the beach if I had to sit on the sand. I want a chair, shade........comfort. This whole business is just nuts in my opinion. This is people's livelihood. How many of you would just take a day off every week? Not many I bet. w00t.gifbah.gif

In my opinion its not the beach chairs or the umbrellas that is the problem, it is the way they are set out , wall to wall with no gaps for personal space. Also look around Pattaya and Jomtien beaches, most beach furniture is years old and just look shithouse. The middle ground is to allow quality vendors and restrict and enforce spacing.

• Like 1

The WHO (World Health Organisation) warns, allready for many years, strongly against the risk of skin cancer by exposing to tropical sunshine. Fully umbrellafree beaches in tourist areas are not only a sign of declining hospitality, but also a health risk,especially for people with a light, vulnerable skin. Let people the choice seven days a week between open beach areas and umbrella served plots on the beach. First of all: vendors are not criminals. They are delivering a great service in comfort, sunburn safety, cleaning up, food & drinks and hospitality, well honoured by many tourists. Thank you Thai Vendors!

• Like 1

The WHO (World Health Organisation) warns, allready for many years, strongly against the risk of skin cancer by exposing to tropical sunshine. Fully umbrellafree beaches in tourist areas are not only a sign of declining hospitality, but also a health risk,especially for people with a light, vulnerable skin. Let people the choice seven days a week between open beach areas and umbrella served plots on the beach. First of all: vendors are not criminals. They are delivering a great service in comfort, sunburn safety, cleaning up, food & drinks and hospitality, well honoured by many tourists. Thank you Thai Vendors!

I don't know what Beach You enjoy.

Here in Pratumnak between Pattaya and Jumptien, we now have a choise: Partly beach with umbrellas and chairs and partly without.

Wednesday for the time beeing all bare strand for clean up.

Perfect for me....