Gripe! ham and soap at seven

monkey dog

have you notice they've switched to the soap cheese in the now ham and soap toasties. horrible stuff. removes my major reason for going there so other supers are now getting more of my custom.

perhaps they could have two products, clearly labeled 1. ham and soap and the second 2. ham and cheese as before.

this happens to everything you like in thailand. they stop or switch it. crazy place.

• Like 1

I miss the southern style chicken sticky rice burger at 7.. Just got pork only now..stinks

didnt try those sticky rice things. wasnt impress with other sticky rice packaged product. real sticky rice is fine though.

have you tried the new pork bacon and cheese burger for 40 ish baht? they are foul so dont bother. first one i bought i binned after about two bites. not the same pork patties they used to have in the ordinay pork burger that they had to assemble in shop

Edited by monkey dog

With so much delicious food in Thailand I

Have often wondered why anyone would buy any of that crap.

and you have the gall to post this when we are still recovering from the chicken blood fiasco. (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/791723-chicken-blood-banned-in-food/) yes it got me too, or the fish sauce not far back, the vegetable pesticide fiasco a while back, the melamine milk (got me too), do i need to go on?

Edited by monkey dog

and you have the gall to post this when we are still recovering from the chicken blood fiasco. (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/791723-chicken-blood-banned-in-food/) yes it got me too, or the fish sauce not far back, the vegetable pesticide fiasco a while back, the melanime milk (got me too), do i need to go on?

You might like to google what's in some if that rubbish you are eating from 7/11, like for instance what chemicals are in that plastic cheese. 5555

and you have the gall to post this when we are still recovering from the chicken blood fiasco. (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/791723-chicken-blood-banned-in-food/) yes it got me too, or the fish sauce not far back, the vegetable pesticide fiasco a while back, the melanime milk (got me too), do i need to go on?

You might like to google what's in some if that rubbish you are eating from 7/11, like for instance what chemicals are in that plastic cheese. 5555

by the taste it is that same kraft sliced cheese (soap) that they have had in other countries for decades.

Usually out of necessity. Driving on a long trip, fuel car, get some quick snacks and get going again.

or

Stuck in Hotel work has supplied in the middle of some industrial estate with not much else easily accessible.

Its not often mind you but its a bit of a treat for me at least

Although I am confused by the term soap cheese, I am discouraged to hear they may have changed the taste of the ham and cheese toastys.

That is my road trip food of choice, or alternately the duo chicken pizza toastys. I will have one today to see if I can discern a difference.

Neverdie I am not sure why you have an issue with grabbing a sandwich at 7-11. That is not exactly an unusual activity. And it is a nice break from Thai food. Yes Thai food is wonderful, but if you were back in the west, would you want it for every meal?

I have to admit that this thread is a great one for me.

In almost 4 years, I haven't had the courage to try eating anything from 7-11, except potato chips and the seasonal moon cakes. Now I'm hearing that some of the pre-packaged "fresh" stuff is, in fact, edible.

What else do you folks like from the seven menu?

Unlike neverdie, I can't take Thai street spicy. Even the stuff they swear is not spicy sends me to Boots for antacids (edit: or Imodium).

Edited by impulse

I'm staggered that anyone would buy 'food' from 7-11. I is truly awful. Full of chemicals, several days old when it arrives and can supposedly last several weeks.

To all of you 7/11 gourmets..

When you look in the garbage can,

You find garbage!

Eat some real food.

Get a life!

Hmmm garbage from the 7/11 or some road kill cooked in gutter oil...

Tough choice

but I reckon a toasted sandwich from the 7/11 is the safer choice.

Edited by Don Mega

What is soap cheese ?

google sliced kraft cheese

i dont know the exact package here because i dont buy any of it.

ohhh ok. so the same cheese they have been using for a very long time.

no they were consistently using something different a while back. now they are consistently using soap.

What is soap cheese ?

google sliced kraft cheese

i dont know the exact package here because i dont buy any of it.

ohhh ok. so the same cheese they have been using for a very long time.

no they were consistently using something different a while back. now they are consistently using soap.

They have never used real cheese and every one I have had (last one was 3 days ago) has always been the same.

Perhaps people are talking about Kraft Velveeta cheese. It's not real cheese. It's a cheese substitute that's used only when something needs to be cheap.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=kraft%20velveeta%20cheese

havent tasted that one from the packet so dont know for sure but i'd say the new saop cheese is not that one but that sliced stuff that comes individually wrapped

by the taste it is that same kraft sliced cheese (soap) that they have had in other countries for decades.

I don't want hard words with you. The other day I saw an American Doctors program that explained what was in that pre sliced chese, something like lubricant amongst other things. I've called that Kraft type chese PLASTIC cheese for years... Lol.

It's all processed crap, it's killing man by the thousands 55555.

Get some fresh veggies from the local market and wash them in vegetable wash stuff, steam em up and get it into you. Take uncle neverdies advice and you'll live to be an old baastard just like him ;)

:D

• Like 2

Perhaps people are talking about Kraft Velveeta cheese. It's not real cheese. It's a cheese substitute that's used only when something needs to be cheap.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=kraft%20velveeta%20cheese

havent tasted that one from the packet so dont know for sure but i'd say the new saop cheese is not that one but that sliced stuff that comes individually wrapped

That's the stuff. Full of lubricant chemicals. You can lube ur tail shaft with it 55555

The best thing to come out of 7/11 is the effluent from their back room toilet

You know you've been in Thailand for a while when you start referring to 7/11 simply as 'seven'. Tragedy about the toasties, is that country-wide? My local seems to have gotten rid of the fresh-made versions altogether and now only sells the pre-made croissant-style version from the fridge.

Just read an article where McDonalds admitted they have …… get this …… 19 ingredients ….

In their french fries.

Yup, those ain't potatoes you are eating.