Nails in Yingluck's coffin?

webfact

Why is all of Thailand pretending that the rice scheme was anything but a blatant theft of billions from the Thai people. Aren't the Thais ashamed that they constantly let a few people get away with this crap??? They whine about being poor then vote for simians that rob them blind, and turn up at events waving flags and holding up pictures of their 'heroes'. I can imagine the conversations going on in private about how stupid people will continue to vote for them despite their blatant corruption.

Les, please show me who got hold of these billions and where it went? If it is so blatently obvious, then surely even a Thai prosecutor can find it....

Doh! You have read the G2G prosecution post, and posted there, so obviously you know that Thai prosecutors HAVE found some of it, and are looking for more.

Wait until they get to the wealthy land owners who increased rents, and also happen to be PTP MPs and ministers (blatant conflict of interest), and those who built storage to profit from the inevitable failure to sell the rice.

That g to g thing is 60,000 Mt.

You think putting up the rent on land is illegal or a con? You do know who the single largest rice land renter in the country is right? I somehow think it may be a little unlikely they will deem changing the rental on land to be illegal.

Why is all of Thailand pretending that the rice scheme was anything but a blatant theft of billions from the Thai people. Aren't the Thais ashamed that they constantly let a few people get away with this crap??? They whine about being poor then vote for simians that rob them blind, and turn up at events waving flags and holding up pictures of their 'heroes'. I can imagine the conversations going on in private about how stupid people will continue to vote for them despite their blatant corruption.

Les, please show me who got hold of these billions and where it went? If it is so blatently obvious, then surely even a Thai prosecutor can find it....

I see you're still being purposefully obtuse in trying to defend the Thaksin empire to its dying breath, as you even posted on the parallel thread that pointed to where a lot of the money disappeared to:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/793463-ex-minister-boonsong-and-20-others-faulted-for-corruption-in-fake-g-to-g-rice-deals-by-nacc/

"I guess this is PT's Phuket land scam moment, that brought down Chuan Leekpai's Democrat govt"

Can you tell more accurately when this happend? Remember that none of Thaksin's political parties were established until 1998

Doh! You have read the G2G prosecution post, and posted there, so obviously you know that Thai prosecutors HAVE found some of it, and are looking for more.

Wait until they get to the wealthy land owners who increased rents, and also happen to be PTP MPs and ministers (blatant conflict of interest), and those who built storage to profit from the inevitable failure to sell the rice.

That g to g thing is 60,000 Mt.

You think putting up the rent on land is illegal or a con? You do know who the single largest rice land renter in the country is right? I somehow think it may be a little unlikely they will deem changing the rental on land to be illegal.

"You do know who the single largest rice land renter in the country is right?"

Can I rule out the Shinawatra family?

These are owners of large tracts of land...

Maybe the Sirivadhanabhakdi family................about 630,000 rai

or

The Chearavanont family................................about 200,000 rai

or

United Palm Oil Industry ... not rice land.

CPB Crown Property bureau...................ooh a mere 30,000 rai

So am I right T at H or .......over to you?.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Banana republic. Peanuts compared to where the real money and corruption lie but let's not talk about the real world. What I find amazing is how dumb some of these expat commenters are. Give your bloody heads a shake you fools. FOLLOW the BIG money.

Well give us a clue how to follow the big money...

• Like 1

I'm amazed that anyone with some knowledge believes this is about rice, corruption or anything remotely connected. It's about ************* (censored) and they must destroy their opponents by fair means or foul to protect the elite

If you have not 'caught on' to that then you have bought into the 'happiness brainwash machine' but someone did say 'ignorance is bliss' so you must be very happy

It will surprise you, but 'this' here is indeed about the RPPS and all shenanigans around it which led to a 700 billion Baht loss. Politicians to be held responsible, the PM in charge to be held responsible, crooks who siphoned of some money to be held responsible. The negligence of Ms. Yingluck seems to have given the wrong idea that deceiving, defrauding and stealing can be done with impunity by politicians and all connected to them.

my dear rubl 'whirl, whirl, slosh, slosh' goes the Junta brainwashing machine

I guess you think the EU CAP is a 'loss' too and not a subsidy? and the US farming subsidy too? this is not about that at all it's about vengeance and securing the future

What I think about the EU CAP or US farming subsidy doesn't matter in relation the the non-subsidy, self-financing RPPS which caused 700 billion Baht loss.

It's about responsibility, accountability, transparency.

I've said before if the Yingluck Government had reserved a hundred billion Baht in the National Budget that would have been like it's normally done in democratic countries. The opposition may complain about the specific direction or the extra deficit, but with proper accounting that would be it. The Yingluck government didn't do anything like that.

So dereliction of duty carries a one to ten years in gaol and a 2,000 to 20,000 bt fine, WOW lucky she wasn't out picking mushrooms, that's 15 years in the slot.

or selling second hand DVD'S,

I recon you could get most of the BIB'S on that one, half the teachers, most of the politicians, most of the government workers, etc, etc, etc,,,,

Time to build a lot more gaols here, convict one, convict all.

This is nothing more than shuffling political deck chairs but the titanic will still go down, selected token heads will roll and meet the new boss same as the old one.

But wouldn't it be nice if all the documents of evidence regarding the DEM'S crooked ways didn't conveniently go floating off in the flood and there was real and fair justice for all.

You're jumping the gun here, my dear chap.

For the people of the topic it's deceiving the people of the country, lying and corruption, charged and to be proven. For Ms. Yingluck it's only negligence what with her stating in parliament to be the only one in charge of her cabinet and government.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

This well planned and staged events by the elites of Bangkok to force the Shinawatras and allies out of power and out if the country and eradicate any vestigial remnants has been on tracked. They can control every aspect of the plan with their own people in the independent agencies and with the junta as the government. But can they win an election with their own chosen party? The division and discern for the elites bullying tactics just got wider and the people will respond come next election.

I am at a loss to understand how the ' Bangkock Elite' managed to implement the rice pledging scheme and force it to lose all the money.

How they managed to arrange the fake G 2 G deals where the rice was sold to unauthorised Chinese companies, never exported but sold to Thai companies.

I don't understand how they managed to get the rice in storage to deteriorate so quickly or how they arranged for large quantities to disappear.

Nor did I realize that it was them who were in charge of the reds when they were bullying, threatening and intimidating anyone who stood in their way.

I can understand someone who has been constantly been bombarded by the hate and lies spewed forth from a village sound system or children at a red school failing to understand for they have few other sources of information.

However I can not understand how someone who is supposedly educated enough to use a computer and can look for themselves and see what has been going on with the rice pledging and other schemes can constantly defend the corruption that is so obviously involved.

So the PT government force the loss to get themself into this current predicament. Are you prophet who can foresee how the rice price trend?

I am talking about double standard by the NACC. If PT was to be taken to task by the NACC because of a failed policy not help by weak commodity price, Ahbisit and Sutherp should also be taken to task for authorizing the use of guns and live ammo. This whole NACC charade is not about fighting for corruption but is about an order by the elites who has a mandate to rid the Shins and allies.

And please cut out the insults which really reflect badly on your own education and moral upbringing. We dont need that to present your argument.

So, the Pheu Thai put themselves in the current position by starting the RPPS as 'self-financing' scheme instead of a mere 100 billion Baht subsidy budgeted as loss in the National Budget. Whether that was because they wanted to keep the deficit artificially down, keep the scheme out of parliamentary supervision, or whatever doesn't matter. They did as allegedly told by the great thinker, defended the undefendeble, told some little white lies and caused this enormous loss.

Now they're asked to show responsibility and accountability.

The 'but, but Abhisit, Suthep' is the usual distraction for those caught in a corner.

PS what insults? The cheek of disagreeing with you?

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

This well planned and staged events by the elites of Bangkok to force the Shinawatras and allies out of power and out if the country and eradicate any vestigial remnants has been on tracked. They can control every aspect of the plan with their own people in the independent agencies and with the junta as the government. But can they win an election with their own chosen party? The division and discern for the elites bullying tactics just got wider and the people will respond come next election.

I am at a loss to understand how the ' Bangkock Elite' managed to implement the rice pledging scheme and force it to lose all the money.

How they managed to arrange the fake G 2 G deals where the rice was sold to unauthorised Chinese companies, never exported but sold to Thai companies.

I don't understand how they managed to get the rice in storage to deteriorate so quickly or how they arranged for large quantities to disappear.

Nor did I realize that it was them who were in charge of the reds when they were bullying, threatening and intimidating anyone who stood in their way.

I can understand someone who has been constantly been bombarded by the hate and lies spewed forth from a village sound system or children at a red school failing to understand for they have few other sources of information.

However I can not understand how someone who is supposedly educated enough to use a computer and can look for themselves and see what has been going on with the rice pledging and other schemes can constantly defend the corruption that is so obviously involved.

So the PT government force the loss to get themself into this current predicament. Are you prophet who can foresee how the rice price trend?

I am talking about double standard by the NACC. If PT was to be taken to task by the NACC because of a failed policy not help by weak commodity price, Ahbisit and Sutherp should also be taken to task for authorizing the use of guns and live ammo. This whole NACC charade is not about fighting for corruption but is about an order by the elites who has a mandate to rid the Shins and allies.

And please cut out the insults which really reflect badly on your own education and moral upbringing. We dont need that to present your argument.

So, the Pheu Thai put themselves in the current position by starting the RPPS as 'self-financing' scheme instead of a mere 100 billion Baht subsidy budgeted as loss in the National Budget. Whether that was because they wanted to keep the deficit artificially down, keep the scheme out of parliamentary supervision, or whatever doesn't matter. They did as allegedly told by the great thinker, defended the undefendeble, told some little white lies and caused this enormous loss.

The 'but, but Abhisit, Suthep' is the usual distraction for those caught in a corner.

Uncle Rubi, hope it's of your fast fading eyesight or perhaps just pure unbridled prejudice that you don't see the NACC selective targeting choosing to ignore the 2010 killings. Deaths not as important as order from their masters to go after a subsidy scheme. I suppose you are educated to understand that there are no such thing as a good coup. And this is not an insult too just disagreement with you.

Uncle Rubi, hope it's of your fast fading eyesight or perhaps just pure unbridled prejudice that you don't see the NACC selective targeting choosing to ignore the 2010 killings. Deaths not as important as order from their masters to go after a subsidy scheme. I suppose you are educated to understand that there are no such thing as a good coup. And this is not an insult too just disagreement with you.

Eric, I know this is a bit complicated for you, but why would the ANTI-CORRUPTION commission be investigating the 2010 insurgency? hint, the answer is in the name.

• Like 1

Eric, I know this is a bit complicated for you, but why would the ANTI-CORRUPTION commission be investigating the 2010 insurgency? hint, the answer is in the name.

Not at all complicated Halloween. Malfeasance case against CRES for the 2010 killings. Get off your lazy chair and do your own search. Try "NACC delay CRES probe".

Did the NACC ignore the 2010 killings? I thought they were studying, but maybe they find it difficult to condemn a PM who allowed the army (for lack of effective police) to arm themselves while confronting cowards who attack in the night with gunfire and grenades. Tarit tried while stating only to have been around without responsibility.

The mention of a coup is interesting, again a deflection which is irrelevant here.

Here we are into the RPPS details.

BTW no need to add you're not insulting. I can see that. I have no problem accepting your post for what it's worth.

PS you might be texting from a mobile gadget which doesn't show the difference between "i" as in IDAHO and 'l" as in LIMA too well. Maybe better for your eyes to switch to a larger font or even a normal 15" - 21" screen. In that case you would probably see that my member name ends with a "L" for LIMA.

PPS 'isn't 'rubi' (i for idaho) a girls name?

Cheers,

UNCLE rubl

So who's responsible for he huge losses of the Royal Thai airways as that's public money too ?? ?

She would be for the length of her term. But what on earth has that got to do with this topic ?? I am sure there are other things she could be brought to heel for, same in her brothers case. But this is the subject NOT the diabolical run Thai Airways .

Not at all complicated Halloween. Malfeasance case against CRES for the 2010 killings. Get off your lazy chair and do your own search. Try "NACC delay CRES probe".

Try finding the correct topic to put these links

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Criminal-Court-seeks-opinion-of-NACC-in-red-shirt--30229922.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/756007-tarit-shrugs-off-court-decision-to-reject-case-against-abhisit-suthep/

Following let us discuss the nails in Ms. Yingluck's coffin. Personally I think they maybe made from precious metals rather than pressed rice rolleyes.gif

Banana republic. Peanuts compared to where the real money and corruption lie but let's not talk about the real world. What I find amazing is how dumb some of these expat commenters are. Give your bloody heads a shake you fools. FOLLOW the BIG money.

Exactly the rice money--difficult if the accountant was away most of the time. Shake your heads some of you when the dust settles you may say OH it must have been the PMs fault.

Difficult to squirm out of the PTP rut, Blame anyone but the culprits--It is a Thai way of doing things.

For the pain and suffering former PM Yingluck leader of the Pheu Thai Party put farmers and their families through last year with the rice scheme that had huge financial loss and was a major factor in the reason 20 farmers commited suicide, she should get the death penalty.

Don't let the wide eyes, corocodile tears and pity me expressions fool you. She is a cold heart woman who has ruined the livelyhoods of thousands, 10s of thousands of hard working rural families who have nothing to live on this year, no savings, hardly enogh rice for their own family to eat. 10 YEARS IS THAT ALL.

She should get the death penalty.

For the pain and suffering former PM Yingluck leader of the Pheu Thai Party put farmers and their families through last year with the rice scheme that had huge financial loss and was a major factor in the reason 20 farmers commited suicide, she should get the death penalty.

Don't let the wide eyes, corocodile tears and pity me expressions fool you. She is a cold heart woman who has ruined the livelyhoods of thousands, 10s of thousands of hard working rural families who have nothing to live on this year, no savings, hardly enogh rice for their own family to eat. 10 YEARS IS THAT ALL.

I made a joke in a post yesterday that the junta loving facists were even calling for the death penalty for Yingluck. I didn't actually think anyone would be that ridiculous, but here it is:

"She should get the death penalty."

Now I have seen it all.

• Like 1

which is why there won't be one in the foreseeable future. How long has it taken Burma?
  • Like 1

Ok smart guys smile.png. In order for a coup to be successful, it must purge the country of the old regime. If not then its not successful. That is all that is happening now. Of course from the beginning this was going to happen. Its not some big victory for the anti-ying haters so quit getting your panties up in a wad and thinking you have won the lottery or something, you havent. Why do you think we are still in military law? Its because the coup isnt complete.

THis isnt about rice, its about the rich and privileged taking back what they feel is theirs he country of Thailand.

In 5 years or less, the country will be right back in this crap....mark my words. We cant live forever.

'Ok smart guys smile.png. In order for a coup to be successful, it must purge the country of the old regime. If not then its not successful.'

You are absolutely correct. Just consider how much money and trauma Thailand could have been saved if they shot the mongrel in 2006. You don't see Ceausescu's trying to take control of Romania, do you?

You know I've often thought you were fairly right wing, but you really are hard core aren't you!

Mind you you probably take that as praise.

Edited by JAG

From what I hear from the Thais I socialize with, they fully expect a jail term handed out. Anyone else hear that rumour?

You mean like a hostage situation in return for Thaksin exiting politics? Possible. Show how insecured the elites are of Thaksin.

You do know the logistical and consitutional reasons why the government was prevented from borrowing the funds required to pay the farmers right?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/02/11/uk-thailand-protest-idUKBREA1A09I20140211

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

From what I hear from the Thais I socialize with, they fully expect a jail term handed out. Anyone else hear that rumour?

You mean like a hostage situation in return for Thaksin exiting politics? Possible. Show how insecured the elites are of Thaksin.

I think the junta will do so at their peril. At that point, the gloves will come off and I expect every bit of dirtry laundry that the junta and their backers to start being washed in public world wide. And then watch the fun start.

They wont be able to issue defamation and lese majeste suits quick enough

From what I've heard over the years the elite despise Thaksin and have tried on several occasions to take himout of the picture. The jailing of his sister is probably just part of the hatred. She deserves better, let's hope the Thais rally behind her and protest the probable imprisonment.

• Like 1

Are you really that naive.

Are you really that naive.

Are you?

You think, that with the PDRC and the Democrat backers basically being the banks of this country, it is possible to carry out a corruption so big, that not one single pooyai in the country can be brought forward or put over coals to splurge the beans?

700bh baht cannot just be spirirted into someones pocket, lest we forget, its Thai rice that was grown by thais, paid for by thais to thais. You really believe that they stole this money.

I would waste my time doing the maths of rice purchasing, pledging, processing, yielding and pricing to show that 700bh was essentially lost without anyone stealing anything because it went in PAYING OVER THE ODDS for the rice at the beginning.

Unless of course, there wasn't any rice, and they somehow managed to pay all the money into the hands of the politicians and the farmers didn't get a baht. Of course, that would mean 20mn people marching to Bangkok.

So, come on then, please show me how the politicians pocketed 700bn.

You go first......