Looking for a builder

DepDavid

I appreciate any help here.... I am looking for the builder of this home in Roiet. Not sure if the builder is Roiet local or not. The plan is BP 25 from Banpatan. I am told the cost of this has skyrocketed to over 7 mil baht. Anyhow, if someone can put me in touch with the builder, I appreciate it. And just to be sure, I am FAR from spending that kind of money. The plan calls for 3 mil baht and we are getting input from several different builders. Thanks again.

post-196028-0-63053100-1421800536_thumb.

Do yourself a favor and don't bother with farang builders. The price is high, Thais still do all the work and the quality is not higher. After 2 years, I am still having electrical problems, leaking roof, peeling paint, poor quality floor, trim and fixture installation problems, etc.

It is cheaper to get a good quality Thai company and hire a translator (not the builder's wife) if needed.

I have a company from Pattaya I could put you in touch with. I have no experience with their work but it can't be worse than mine. Yes, they build in Isan.

Anyone with an ounce of sense is going to thoroughly vet a builder of any nationality, talk to previous customers and inspect other projects. Others rely too much on Thai wives or others to project manage, then whinge about complaints after the brown stuff hits the isolating machine.

• Like 1

Anyone with an ounce of sense is going to thoroughly vet a builder of any nationality, talk to previous customers and inspect other projects. Others rely too much on Thai wives or others to project manage, then whinge about complaints after the brown stuff hits the isolating machine.

Personal experience is always the best source of advice.

Well done, Dilligad.

• Like 1

Most important, only pay for what is done, never ahead. My house we paid 20% after the foundation was in. I think it was 40% after the roof was done, and then 40% when complete. I have known several people who have paid ahead, and then had the builder mysteriously, disappear.