What no Lemsip? Are you kidding me?

VintageTQ

So ive been living in Thailand almost 3 years and after all this time came down with my first stinking cold.

Rushed off to my local pharmacy only to find no lemsip, went to another still none, went to Boots and still nothing. Infact the remedies for colds were virtually non-exsistant, Basically just paracetamol. (which i suppose is all lemsip really is but thats not my point)..

Do to thai's just not get colds? or are they not wusses like us Brits?

I mean who can deny the comfort of a hot lemsip when down with a bout of man flu, its almost as good as having your mum mop your brow

My god write to your MP, or the CEO of Boots or even the queen

your reply was almost as tongue in cheek as my post... how did you manage that? you deserve a pat on the back old sir

I have a spare box, 10,000 baht and it's yours :-p

what is it for colds i week without medication or 7 days with medication? Indeed the trials and tribulations that one encounters

when one departs England's green and pleasant land are indeed paramount.Goodness knows how I have survived here for the last 24

years

I know your secret how you survived.......

You always had bangers and chips or mash, so you never felt isolated from the old country.

Blame me that I can't find any kebabs in Khon Kaen.

As about if Thais get a cold, as the OP asks and he is asking that after 3 years of being here , I suggest he learns that there is a whole world besides UK and it is about time he opens his eyes and ears and acknowledges that there are other humans also living on the same planet as he does.

OP, sorry you can't find Lemsip, I know a major catastrophe, but you have to do with just paracetamol for the moment as all the other mortals do around here.

Teaspoon of honey, 2 paracetamol, squeeze half a fresh lemon, fill remainder of cup with boiling water.

You just made your own Lemsip

Talking of Big-C, I recently got Mcvities Chocolate Digestives in there which surprised me, pleasant surprise and didnt touch the sidee when I had a cuppa, great dunking biscuits.

Edited by CharlieH

Lack of paracetamol in Thailand, lack of cold and flu medicine cheesy.gif

This nation depends on that stuff.

Why sell lemsip when you can get anti biotics over the counter? wink.png

Are YOU kidding???

Antibiotics as a cold medicine, substitute for paracetamol???

Rubbish and potentially harming advice!

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Do what I have always done, even back in my home country.

Pour boiling water into a mug. Add 2 soluble paracetamol tablets, 2 teaspoons of honey and the juice from half a squeezed lemon or the equivalent juice from lime fruits. And there you have it, your own home made Limsip.

I was at the clinic last week. My wife had been in the day before, same symptoms. She had a shot of something, decongestants, cough pills and paracetamol.

Doc gave me the same. I said no, give me a note to get off work and 10 ibuprofen tablets. I was better two days later, before my wife. She can't understand it. She took the medicines, I didn't, how could I possibly get better first?

Lack of paracetamol in Thailand, lack of cold and flu medicine cheesy.gif

This nation depends on that stuff.

Are YOU kidding???

Antibiotics as a cold medicine, substitute for paracetamol???

Rubbish and potentially harming advice!

Um, the OP was tongue in cheek. So was my answer.

• Like 2

because antibiotics are getting immune to a lot of ailments.

just get fresh lemon juice add some honey, take an asprin and that will work ,

Edited by Thongkorn