Isaan Poll shows 67 percent of people are indifferent with Ms Yingluck's impeachment

webfact

Isaan Poll shows 67 percent of people are indifferent with Ms Yingluck's impeachment

22-1-2558-16-46-57-wpcf_728x411.jpg

BANGKOK: -- About 67 percent of the respondents to an opinion poll conducted by Khon Kaen University said they felt indifferent if former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra was to be impeached by the National Legislative Assembly tomorrow.

The so-called Isan Poll also showed that 18.4 percent of the respondents said they would be satisfied with Ms Yingluck’s impeachment whereas 14.5 percent admitted that they would be unhappy.

The poll also showed 28.9 percent of the respondents admitted they had not followed the case, 26.3 percent believed she would escape the impeachment and 24.4 percent admitted they were not sure she would be impeached or not.

However, the Rak Udon people in Nong Seehoo in Muang district of Udon Thani said they had been following the impeachment proceedings from the television.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/isan-poll-shows-67-percent-people-indifferent-ms-yinglucks-impeachment

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-22

With the present situation, no one understands what is going on. Even educated people don't know what is impeachment, weather it is legal under an unelected council, rather than democratically elected parliament or not. After tomorrow, they will announce former PM Yingluck is impeached and cannot be able to vote or contest in election for another 5 years or more ?

Unelected council should not use any opportunity to take political decisions except collecting evidences against her, until there is an elected government to decide later.

There is no solution for political problems here, and poor villagers won't understand what is all these, it is going to make people more confused and anger.

Building faith and unity among fellow Thai's are more important now than playing politics.

• Like 2

I wonder if we will ever hear the truth out of the Issan people.

I live in Issan, I know what Issan people believe.

And I can assure you, they are not indifferent.

They are still attached to their masters voice.

It will take a very long time for things to change.

If ever...............

because they get kept down by the Bangkok elite and are not used to express their opinions openly...but in the end it is their right to vote for whomever they want...

All I see is the percentage of replies , how many answered the poll , that will tell the true story, I don't believe 67% of the population of Issan would be indifferent and neither would I expect it in Chiang Mai , Phitsanulok or Hat Yai maybe. coffee1.gif

the poll was conducted by the Khon Kaen University poll. KKU academics and professors are apparently rather conservative (read, yellow). Since polling results vary on the bias in the questions, the methods, and the polling sample, your questions are justified. Not only for this poll, of course, but for most that are done at this time in Thailand.

At least it's not coming from the Thai happiness polling people... biggrin.png

All I see is the percentage of replies , how many answered the poll , that will tell the true story, I don't believe 67% of the population of Issan would be indifferent and neither would I expect it in Chiang Mai , Phitsanulok or Hat Yai maybe. coffee1.gif

Painfull, isn't it? And add the ones considering she should be impeached to it to the 67%, ouch, ouch...!

• Like 1

With the present situation, no one understands what is going on. Even educated people don't know what is impeachment, weather it is legal under an unelected council, rather than democratically elected parliament or not. After tomorrow, they will announce former PM Yingluck is impeached and cannot be able to vote or contest in election for another 5 years or more ?

Unelected council should not use any opportunity to take political decisions except collecting evidences against her, until there is an elected government to decide later.

There is no solution for political problems here, and poor villagers won't understand what is all these, it is going to make people more confused and anger.

Building faith and unity among fellow Thai's are more important now than playing politics.

Is it possible you too don't understand what is going? Well, I have an opinion.

So, according to you, in Issan even educated people don't know what impeachment, and poor villagers won't understand what it is about, hmmm, but you consider them able to participate to the political process an election is, and to cast a free, informed, motivated vote, I guess, no contradiction there for you, as it is what happened in the past, isn't it?

And when there is no solution for political problems here, as you say, shouldn't you agree that the present Assembly and Government is attempting to eliminate, or at least to regulate, the political games, in order to build faith and unity among fellow Thais. How good they do it and how well they will succeed, ...or not, is a different matter, but at least, they, they try to, not playing the card of divisiveness like in the Shins' strategical games.

So what is, according to you, going to make people more confused and angry? The aggressive twisted 'red' propaganda machine, and truckloads of money, stolen from all the people, with the rice- and other scams from 'Thaksinomics' during the 'Thaksin regime', maybe? To regain total power over Thailand for their own profit, is that it? ...But visibly not a possible impeachment of Yingluck and the two other puppets, according to the poll organised in Issan by an Issan University, because next to the 67% indifferent to it, you have 18% in favour of it, together a huge majority of 85%!

I'm sure this poll will at once be called irrelevant, manipulated, etc. by the red brigade here, how painfull it must be for all of them, after claiming so long and so loud: 'we are the majprity, we do what we want'... One question for them: when it'd appear clearly that you are not the majority, will you then also automatically accept to do what the real majority wants? You won't change the rules you had imposed when you had a majority, of the cast ballots, then, hmmm... Well, sorry, I know it will not be for you to decide about that, but only for those who lead you by the nose since day one...

I'm sure this poll will at once be called irrelevant, manipulated, etc. by the red brigade here

it seems that it is already being manipulated in your post. wink.png

... accept to do what the real majority wants?

who is the real majority that you refer to?

Certainly you understand how politics works, eh, with rather clearly defined terms like 'electoral majority'. Wait, that was then, this is now. Now 'PM' Prayuth chan o cha is a majority of one.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How can they not understand, they had many democracy schools plus many hours / many days / many years of village loud speakers teaching them about democracy.

• Like 2

So, according to you, in Issan even educated people don't know what impeachment, and poor villagers won't understand what it is about, hmmm, but you consider them able to participate to the political process an election is, and to cast a free, informed, motivated vote, I guess, no contradiction there for you, as it is what happened in the past, isn't it?

And when there is no solution for political problems here, as you say, shouldn't you agree that the present Assembly and Government is attempting to eliminate, or at least to regulate, the political games, in order to build faith and unity among fellow Thais. How good they do it and how well they will succeed, ...or not, is a different matter, but at least, they, they try to, not playing the card of divisiveness like in the Shins' strategical games.

So what is, according to you, going to make people more confused and angry? The aggressive twisted 'red' propaganda machine, and truckloads of money, stolen from all the people, with the rice- and other scams from 'Thaksinomics' during the 'Thaksin regime', maybe? To regain total power over Thailand for their own profit, is that it? ...But visibly not a possible impeachment of Yingluck and the two other puppets, according to the poll organised in Issan by an Issan University, because next to the 67% indifferent to it, you have 18% in favour of it, together a huge majority of 85%!

I'm sure this poll will at once be called irrelevant, manipulated, etc. by the red brigade here, how painfull it must be for all of them, after claiming so long and so loud: 'we are the majprity, we do what we want'... One question for them: when it'd appear clearly that you are not the majority, will you then also automatically accept to do what the real majority wants? You won't change the rules you had imposed when you had a majority, of the cast ballots, then, hmmm... Well, sorry, I know it will not be for you to decide about that, but only for those who lead you by the nose since day one...

I'm sure this poll will at once be called irrelevant, manipulated, etc. by the red brigade here

Certainly you understand how politics works, eh, with rather clearly defined terms like 'electoral majority'. Wait, that was then, this is now. Now 'PM' Prayuth chan o cha is a majority of one.

It hurts, a lot, I know...

• Like 1

If ever...............

because they get kept down by the Bangkok elite and are not used to express their opinions openly...but in the end it is their right to vote for whomever they want...

Nobody denies that it would be great, for the country's future, when citizens would indeed all cast their vote for whomever they want, in a free, responsible, way, not being manipulated, coerced nor paid for it! The way elections are held in democratic countries? That being of course what you mean, ins't it?

when citizens would indeed all cast their vote for whomever they want, ...

ah, you mean like in 2011?

• Like 1

it doesn't hurt a bit. it was however a crime to overthrow the government which is why there is an amnesty clause in the current, interim constitution which does, in reality, make one person the 'majority'.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So what is, according to you, going to make people more confused and angry? The aggressive twisted 'red' propaganda machine, and truckloads of money, stolen from all the people, with the rice- and other scams from 'Thaksinomics' during the 'Thaksin regime', maybe? To regain total power over Thailand for their own profit, is that it? ...But visibly not a possible impeachment of Yingluck and the two other puppets, according to the poll organised in Issan by an Issan University, because next to the 67% indifferent to it, you have 18% in favour of it, together a huge majority of 85!

it seems that it is already being manipulated in your post.

Well tbthailand, yeah, when you keep banging your head against a brick wall it hurts, but your change fix it.

If ever...............

Nobody denies that it would be great, for the country's future, when citizens would indeed all cast their vote for whomever they want, in a free, responsible, way, not being manipulated, coerced nor paid for it! The way elections are held in democratic countries? That being of course what you mean, ins't it?

yes i mean something like this...but to perform the above mentioned "duties " you need a certain degree of education,uncensored media, and the ability to compare certain political groups...and in the best case they would have a election programm which is not just based on populism...

sometimes i have the feeling elections are just a choice between cholera and plague....

And this poll is to show what?

That people in Udon watch TV?

It is just another poll. Everybody is free to interpreted the info the way he wants. I think what it is suppose to show is whether there would be great resistance from the people in Yingluck's stronghold or not, if she were to be impeached.

If ever...............

when citizens would indeed all cast their vote for whomever they want, ...

ah, you mean like in 2011?

Not at all, rather the opposite! Like in 'some' future time I hope will come when the good education of the masses will make it possible at last, so for sure not in the past, and not any soon either in this land-of-children...

Edited by bangrak

The junta have been successful in scaring the working class Isaan people. Most of them now equate giving political views with lese majeste and refuse to talk about it.

Do you know most of the working class people personally and have you talked to them all?

If you have please let me congratulate on doing such a fine job in such a short time.

Of course if you don't know most of the working class people (all x millions of them) how do you know what they equate to?

At least KKU DID conduct a poll and if the results were not to YOUR liking it really doesn't matter as you, like me and every other farang on Thai Visa has their own opinion but in the end the THAI people will take no notice of what you, I or any other farang thinks, says or does, because we mean nothing to them. It is their country and they will decide what to do, not us.

Did you conduct a poll, wander the many villages etc talking to them or what?

If you didn't then may I suggest that you may not be correct in what you say.

• Like 2