'Democracy has died in Thailand today': Thai ex-PM Yingluck

webfact

Time to bring in the "Big Guns". The stage is set for (drum-roll)Yaowapa Shinawatra.

She Who Must Be Obeyed , Yaowapa, will be keeping very quiet at this point.

The ultimate final battle for control of Thailand will be occurring in a few years.

So she needs to sit quietly, wait, and keep her powder dry. Then she can become

the latest Thaksin clone to assume power when elections finally occur.

On a side note, having Yingluck talk about democracy makes me want to throw

up in my mouth a little bit....

• Like 2

that was actually May 22...

NCPO tells Yingluck not to hold press conference

and basic rights like freedom of speech went with it.

What freedom of speech would that be? You can be sued for telling the truth in Thailand.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

BANGKOK: -- Singthong Buachum, a member of the Pheu Thai legal affairs committee, said the National Council for Peace and Order does not want former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to hold a press conference after she was impeached by the National Legislative Assembly.

Singthong said Yingluck and the party had no plan to hold such a press conference, which was speculated and the speculated worried the NCPO.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/NCPO-tells-Yingluck-not-to-hold-press-conference-30252540.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-23

"Singthong said Yingluck and the party had no plan to hold such a press conference....."

But there was a very large crowed of Thai and foreign reporters waiting at the SC (Thaksin owned) hotel waiting for her to arrive. There's a photo of the of waiting crowd of reporters and video/still cameramen on another site.

These clowns have no hesitation to lie and spin anything.

Different point, wonder who wrote what she put on her facebook page. Certainly not her.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It seems to me the coup-sters would prefer to see her self-exiled than jailed ...

Logical?

Did the coup leaders actually say they would prefer her to go into self exile?

Only the junta can hold a press conference. Her freedom of speech has been denied. Shame on this junta for being so one sided with one voice. And not the voice of the people.

Freedom of speech shoo;d always take 2nd place

when the reason for the speech is to cause problem and split the nation in 2

As [er her comments

1/2 the population in the BKK Hilton say and feel the same

She will emerge as the true heroine in all of this eventually. Shame on those unelected 'appointees' and shame on some TVF 'pundits' for supporting a military junta and be careful what you wish for

The only thing I wish for is better days for this country we live in.

For 7 years now I've been hearing and witnessing social unrest, killings, corruption disrespect for any law, disrespect for the Thai citizens.

For the past 6 months tranquility and enforcement of the law is taking place.

You, Sir, better take the blinkers you are wearing off and Thank the current government for what they are achieving.

Rhetorics is a cheap way to express yourself.

any disrespect for Thai citizens comes straight from YOU and your disrespect for the millions who voted, since 2001, for the government THEY wanted

tranquility by the gun? unelected appointees impeaching the ex-PM?

you, Sir, are mad or bad and I can't decide which

sounds to me like your a poor looser

She will emerge as the true heroine in all of this eventually. Shame on those unelected 'appointees' and shame on some TVF 'pundits' for supporting a military junta and be careful what you wish for

Adding comments sounding like threat to folks you don't agree with seems to be your standard approach.

You certainly don't say anything constructive.

• Like 1

The overthrow of the monarchy during the first coup did not bring democracy. All we have had is one corrupt government after the other. There have been two PM that tried to make Thailand better, Prem worked hard and so did Anan.

junta cheerleaders out in force.

have fun. enjoy the news.

And remember...

if you do nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear...

CheerLeader1.gif

Obviously leading an illegal coup is a far less serious crime than winning the mandate of the voters. This place gets more like animal farm all the time, Prayuth is like Napoleon and any election winner Snowball, to be persecuted with a trumped up charge and hopefully chased off the farm. What happened to 'reconciliation'? or was that just for some of the pigs biggrin.png

Thai wife tells me the men in her Issan village back in Udon, are all happy

The word around is

Never Trust a woman to do a Mans Job

Maybe she not have the full support she used to have

• Like 1

And remember...

CheerLeader1.gif

Obviously leading an illegal coup is a far less serious crime than winning the mandate of the voters. This place gets more like animal farm all the time, Prayuth is like Napoleon and any election winner Snowball, to be persecuted with a trumped up charge and hopefully chased off the farm. What happened to 'reconciliation'? or was that just for some of the pigs biggrin.png

The word around is

more sexism? tell that to Thatcher, ASSK, Indira Ghandi can't come with something better than misogyny? vast majority I have spoken to are very, very sad and will 'wait' as they have all the other times coups have appeared

• Like 2

And remember...

CheerLeader1.gif

The word around is

more sexism? tell that to Thatcher, ASSK, Indira Ghandi can't come with something better than misogyny? vast majority I have spoken to are very, very sad and will 'wait' as they have all the other times coups have appeared

Sexism exist in many parts of the world, sorry I have no control how people think

When my Thai wife is in Australia she is my equal

But I notice when we visit her Issan village she knows her place (Called cultural upbringing)

As there are over 200 older men in her village, so if the people you have talked to since the impeachment are more, you must have a great social circle

But of course your allowed your opinion

Edited by tezzainoz

But she was elected PM ... by her absent brother ... the only person whose vote counted ! rolleyes.gif

Or, as he memorably put it several years ago, "Democracy is not our Aim !" wink.png

in fact Thaskin's vote was never counted, the over 15 million of Thais that voted PT and the 13 million that voted for a PT MP are.

Democracy died last year, and this charade only reinforces this simple fact.

Everybody should have the right to express an opinion. Though anyone saying or writing there has, ever, been a 'democracy', or even anything seriously aiming to start up a 'democracy' in Thailand, I will call a fool or a liar!

Forget about red, yellow or blue, about the DP, the TRT/PPP/PT, they are all just vehicles of parts of the same old and new elites, whose parasitic activities can only go on thriving as long as 'the system', their system, is not destroyed, and till then it will be de facto impossible for 'democracy' to get born and grow in Thailand.

Where are the proud and brave Thais able and willing to achieve that? Exactly: nowhere, as the masses are kept uneducated, to be easily usable by... 'the system', they fear too, being 'the authority' they are hammered in to respect always and in all circumstances, also today.

The present 'team' have, or should I already write: had, the unique opportunity to quickstart a 'rapid evolution' towards successfully planting the seeds of 'democracy', but it seems to become just the same wine in other vessels, set at maintaining 'the system' in place, blind to the growing probability of a future revolution, when they don't succeed in making their promises true in a fast motion, with all the shocks, excesses, and bloodshed, it would bring to a country which is sadly becoming more and more 'the hub' of tardiness, even among other ASEAN countries it was far ahead of less than 50years ago...

• Like 1

It seems to me the coup-sters would prefer to see her self-exiled than jailed ...

Logical?

Did the coup leaders actually say they would prefer her to go into self exile?

Of course not.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

that was actually May 22...

and basic rights like freedom of speech went with it.

What on earth makes you think that freedom of speech is a basic right..... freedom of speech has to be earned and the Thais certainly have NOT earned that... the way they sell their votes to the highest offer denies them that right... Nothing in life is free... grow-up.... wai2.gif

• Like 1

The naysayers don't seem to see what the alternative was going

to be if the army had not taken control of the country,civil war it

was heading quickly in that direction,so what we have today is

the better of the two evils.

Thaksin will just have to pick another member of the family to

be PM, and try to push for amnesty for him and return of his

money,thats the kind of Democracy they want.

regards Worgeordie

If the army didnt take control but did what they supposed to do ,Suthep and friends would sit in prison,and Yingluk would be still PM until next election,

The word around is

Sexism exist in many parts of the world, sorry I have no control how people think

When my Thai wife is in Australia she is my equal

But I notice when we visit her Issan village she knows her place (Called cultural upbringing)

As there are over 200 older men in her village, so if the people you have talked to since the impeachment are more, you must have a great social circle

But of course your allowed your opinion

I sincerely condemn sexism. I must admit though that for Thailand it was extreme bad luck to have an Yingluck as its first female PM, as she is, IMO, the perfect illustration for the caricatures retarded macho-men spread about women in general, all the flaws of a dumb bimbo (as women also call persons of the kind!), none of the qualities making a human being, male or female, a great personality, even a too-nice-but-fake face she made maximum use of.

Tell me one single thing, except her sex, she has in common with the growing number of female persons climbing to, or having reached, high functions/positions, one, please.

Does it justify sexism? IMO, only when she was mis-using, abusing of, her 'femininity' and when she asked, expected to be handled in a different way as a man would have been. Anyways not more than when Thaksin repeatedly called her in public: my puppet, my clone, while making a PM out of her!

• Like 1

The naysayers don't seem to see what the alternative was going

to be if the army had not taken control of the country,civil war it

was heading quickly in that direction,so what we have today is

the better of the two evils.

Thaksin will just have to pick another member of the family to

be PM, and try to push for amnesty for him and return of his

money,thats the kind of Democracy they want.

regards Worgeordie

If the army didnt take control but did what they supposed to do ,Suthep and friends would sit in prison,and Yingluk would be still PM until next election,

... and Thailand would be bancrupt and in civil war with red packs raiding the country

Edited by sweatalot