Domination of the news thread

philw

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=ignoredusers

Threads are so much shorter when you block the core of posters who cannot refrain from posting multiple consecutive posts in the News threads.

One poster in particular must sit in front of his computer refreshing his browser all day long. It's amazing to see him be the first to reply so many times.

• Like 1

Freedom of speech.

We complain when others have it, we complain when we are censored.

Not saying though that the original premis of the question isn't correct.

Personally, I tend to stay away from the Local (Thai) News Forum.

BTW, if you think it bad, spare a thought for the Mods who have to troll through the comments.

I thinking watching Thai Soaps would be less painfull then that task.

• Like 2

Why is it that a group of about 15 (or so) posters utterly dominate the news thread with their vociferous hatred of anything to do with Thaksin, Yingluck, red shirts or the people who won the last few elections ??

Maybe it is because in every subforum there are only a limited number of knowledgeable members, that jump straight out of the average poster, and actually 90% of foreigners hate everything to do with Thaksin and his cronies with a reason.

Hey, now I think about, looks like Fab4 and consorts even have jumped ship.

Feeling lonely?

Edited by Anthony5
  • Like 1

Some like to vent their vitriol and feel this is the best way to do it.

Labour v Conservatives

Republicans v Democrats

Red v Yellow.

Junta v Democracy

There are plenty of them out there who feel it is their sworn duty to vent about something they have so little or no control over. Personally, I leave them to it and keep my political opinions to myself in a country where my voice means the same as theirs....nothing.

Freedom of speech.

We complain when others have it, we complain when we are censored.

Not saying though that the original premis of the question isn't correct.

Personally, I tend to stay away from the Local (Thai) News Forum.

BTW, if you think it bad, spare a thought for the Mods who have to troll through the comments.

I thinking watching Thai Soaps would be less painfull then that task.

Thai soaps are great. What's not to like about gorgeous Thai women cat fighting? All a laugh.

Actually the news forum is dominated by people who have seen the truth about YL and her minions. For me its proof that its harder to deceive people with an decent education as without. The majority ofnthe newsforum has seen through the lies of YL, unlike many Thais. I blame it on education. There were some real prolific red shirt posters too. But they stopped posting after the money dried up.

As for the remark they are all bad, I 100% agree but the Shins were the worst so far. They even had a minister who said lying was ok, and he was in YL her defense team. Bit like that minister from Irak saying there are no Americans in Irak while you saw the tanks on the background.

• Like 2

And the others are the red posters, who only cheer the Shinawatras.

"Won the election" "voted their preference"?

Are you new to Thailand? Not seen the full scale vote buying?

If it would be the peoples preference than why would they have spent billions for vote buying?

• Like 1

I usually avoid commenting the news forum because the thread will end up in my content folder and I will have to avoid clicking on it until the thing dies a sad death several weeks down the road.

Do they really die? I haven't experience that, unless a compassionate Mod comes in and euthanizes them....

Actually the news forum is dominated by people who have seen the truth about YL and her minions. For me its proof that its harder to deceive people with an decent education as without. The majority ofnthe newsforum has seen through the lies of YL, unlike many Thais. I blame it on education. There were some real prolific red shirt posters too. But they stopped posting after the money dried up.

As for the remark they are all bad, I 100% agree but the Shins were the worst so far. They even had a minister who said lying was ok, and he was in YL her defense team. Bit like that minister from Irak saying there are no Americans in Irak while you saw the tanks on the background.

So your pig is the least like a pig?

• Like 1

Comments on Thai politics in this forum is one of the contents that can be easily ignored without loosing anything.

So I do.

P.S.: does not apply to TV exclusively.

Edited by KhunBENQ

So your pig is the least like a pig?

Something like that sometimes you have to choose the least of two evils. There are no real good guys here.. back home at least they kept to the law and punish those that were corrupt.

• Like 1

I am sick of reading the posts.

Such a strong opinion on something they have no say in and both sides are as bad as one another.

The current situation is no better then before the place is just closer to having a movie like the "Interview" made about it.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

I am sick of reading the posts.

Such a strong opinion on something they have no say in and both sides are as bad as one another.

The current situation is no better then before the place is just closer to having a movie like the "Interview" made about it.

Sent from my c64

Totally agree,red filth,yellow shirted thugs,ect,what the hell has it got do do with us,even if you make an amusing comment you are attacked wolf pack style,i rarely bother with it now.

Re-reading the original post, you actually do yourself a mis-service.

Your title suggests domination of a forum by some thugs.

But the body of your text is essentially a political comment.

Now you have dragged the Political Debate into the General forum.

IMHO, not good form.

Wow. Great analysis.

Certainly some of the saddest posters here are high volume posters in the news threads. I can't imagine how these people can have such strong devotion to either side, or such adamant hatred of the other. Picking sides is like trying to prove which pig in the pen is less like a pig.

I usually avoid commenting the news forum because the thread will end up in my content folder and I will have to avoid clicking on it until the thing dies a sad death several weeks down the road.

Ironic, considering your tagline.

Certainly some of the saddest posters here are high volume posters in the news threads. I can't imagine how these people can have such strong devotion to either side, or such adamant hatred of the other. Picking sides is like trying to prove which pig in the pen is less like a pig.

Ironic, considering your tagline.

Although I am a fan of irony, I hadn't noticed Jingthing was one who spams the news thread with religious zeal over his chosen shirt color champion. I am not even aware that he has an opinion. Mostly because the news thread are such an onerous place to be these days that I make an effort to stay away.

I like Jingthing for his consistent contributions and his sense of humor.