PREFIX for making international calls with I-MOBILE

pulnamin4

With DTAC you use prefix 004 when making an international call in order to get the best rates. I just got an I-MOBILE sim card ,,,, Anyone knows the PREFIX to use to get the best rates when making an international call using I-MOBILE ? Thanks in advance..

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

I think you're confused.

I-MOBILE is not a mobile phone service provider in Thailand it's a mobile phone manufacturer.

The mobile phone service providers in Thailand are: AIS, CAT, DTAC, True, and TOT.

Did you actually see the SIM card? What does it say?

It s a I-MOBILE sim card installed by the I-Mobile shop. I understand your point.. Yes I-Mobile has NO network,, I-Mobile uses TOT network..

I want to make calls to USA, Canada landline and mobile and to Japan mobile only.

Thanks... Any suggestions ?

CAT 009

Rates in Baht/min:

USA and Canada, fixed and mobile: 2.50

Japan fixed : 5, mobile : 6

USA/Canada dial 009 1 .... (e.g. Waldorf Astoria Restaurant: 009 1 212 8721275 )

Japan dial 009 81 ...

http://www.cattelecom.com/site/th/list_service.php?cat=181&subcat=248

(English version defect wink.png )

Edited by KhunBENQ

Well if it's any help, TOT used 007 and 008 as their network prefix. CAT uses 001 (the most expensive rate) and 009 (discount rate). This told to me by CAT several years ago.

However, I can't find current rates for the 007 and 008 prefix. The links from the TOT website don't work anymore. Their website seems to be very poorly maintained.

Since it's been mentioned the I-MOBILE SIM uses the TOT network, why not ask TOT if you can't get an answer from the I-MOBILE shop?

As a rule, I find the CAT 009 is the best rate and most reliable call, but I often have problems getting through to Laos. But no problems getting through with Skype out. The people I call in Laos don't have Skype. I have Skype installed on all my mobile phones. I never had a problem getting through to the US using 009.

Last month, I made a call from the AIS mobile network to the US using 009. It was considerably cheaper than the AIS 00400 prefix and about the same rate with Skype out. My guess it was somewhere between 2 and 3 baht/min.

AFAIK, 009 works with all networks mobile and fixed line. I've used it from an AIS and True SIM.

Edited by BB1950

Well if it's any help, TOT used 007 and 008 as their network prefix. CAT uses 001 (the most expensive rate) and 009 (discount rate). This told to me by CAT several years ago.

However, I can't find current rates for the 007 and 008 prefix. The links from the TOT website don't work anymore. Their website seems to be very poorly maintained.

Since it's been mentioned the I-MOBILE SIM uses the TOT network, why not ask TOT if you can't get an answer from the I-MOBILE shop?

As a rule, I find the CAT 009 is the best rate and most reliable call, but I often have problems getting through to Laos. But no problems getting through with Skype out. The people I call in Laos don't have Skype. I have Skype installed on all my mobile phones. I never had a problem getting through to the US using 009.

Last month, I made a call from the AIS mobile network to the US using 009. It was considerably cheaper than the AIS 00400 prefix and about the same rate with Skype out. My guess it was somewhere between 2 and 3 baht/min.

AFAIK, 009 works with all networks mobile and fixed line. I've used it from an AIS and True SIM.

Correction that was AIS 00500 prefix. It was a typo.