Pattaya beach to be free of bench chair every Wednesday

webfact

Pattaya beach to be free of bench chair every Wednesday

CHONBURI, 26 January 2015 (NNT) – The Chonburi Governor has will be keeping the Pattaya and Jomtien Beaches bench chair free every Wednesday to maintain the scenery of the natural tourist attractions.

The amount of beach chair services in Pattaya City has been growing for some time. The increased number of vendors and the density of beach chairs has took a toll on the cleanliness and the sight of the beaches, according to the Governor of Chonburi Komsan Ekchai.

The Chonburi Province will be working with the 14th Military Circle, Pattaya city authorities, and the private sectors to renovate the scenery at Pattaya and Jomtien Beach. Authorities will be requesting beach chair vendors to stop renting bench chairs during Wednesdays.

The province has been cooperating with vendors in giving tourists an option to enjoy the open and clean beach, said the Chonburi Governor.

The Governor of Chonburi has said that Pattaya City is a key tourism city of Thailand, featuring a range of attractions and services. The province's beautiful beaches, quality restaurants and reasonably priced hotels are attractive to tourists.

He has also invited tourists to visit the Chonburi province and Pattaya City, saying that the city and the province are open to comments from tourists for the betterment of the city.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-26 footer_n.gif

Why not 7 days a day in beyond me.

TIT? Expecting logical thought is a monumental exercise in optimism - it's why we love it! whistling.gif

Yes, "7 days a day" shows that farang logic really trumps Thai logic.

People actually do use the chairs and it creates employment ... both of which involve a certain amount of logic as long as you assume that not everyone wants exactly what you want.

And why would scenes like these be such a vast improvement on the beach chairs? Then you'll end up sitting next to someone on a song taeo loaded down with his own umbrella and folding chair.

201206-w-crowded-beaches-rockaway-beach. Yes, no beach chairs make things really lovely.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

Having not spent much time in either locations, on the occasion that I did go, having no choice but to use the chairs is what I object to. Sure they are nice and comfortable and if you want to use them you pay the fee, that fair. What is unfair is the treatment you get if you choose not to use the chairs.

• Like 1

The Governor must be related to Max Smart the famous Spy. "Ok, all chairs off the beach forever" ... "Would you accept 3 days a week" ... "Would you accept 1 day a week" ... "ok one day a week all chairs must be piled up beside the walking path for a minimum of 1 hour".

"Yes, we are in control and ... Thank you for your cooperation".

clap2.gif

Bench chair?. Actually, I wish there were some comfortable bench type chairs on the beach. On the rare occasion I go down there to have a couple of hours reading and people watching I find the deck-chairs very low and difficult to get up from. Age, I guess.smile.png

• Like 2

I believe there is a requirement for umbrellas and deckchairs 7 days/week but the numbers should be limited and controlled. Although it's great to actually see the beach, some people simply can't lay in the sun all day and need the protection of an umbrella and the comfort (I use the word "comfort" very loosely) of a deck chair. At a rough guess, I think 15 - 20% of the current numbers is all thats required daily on the beaches.

Edited by ChiangmaiRob

TIT? Expecting logical thought is a monumental exercise in optimism - it's why we love it! whistling.gif

People actually do use the chairs and it creates employment ... both of which involve a certain amount of logic as long as you assume that not everyone wants exactly what you want.

And why would scenes like these be such a vast improvement on the beach chairs? Then you'll end up sitting next to someone on a song taeo loaded down with his own umbrella and folding chair.

201206-w-crowded-beaches-rockaway-beach. Yes, no beach chairs make things really lovely.

Why do you post a picture of one of the largest beaches in the US when this is about 2 relatively small beaches in Thailand and suggest there is a correlation between them? There would be no comparison at all.

Why do you post a picture of one of the largest beaches in the US when this is about 2 relatively small beaches in Thailand and suggest there is a correlation between them? There would be no comparison at all.

From what I see, it's simply a comparison between what there is now, lots of umbrellas, loungers and deck chairs almost covering the entire beach, and what it could look like if the beach was left free for anyone to take their own chairs, loungers etc. You're being a bit pedantic if you cant see that!

• Like 1

Bench chair?. Actually, I wish there were some comfortable bench type chairs on the beach. On the rare occasion I go down there to have a couple of hours reading and people watching I find the deck-chairs very low and difficult to get up from. Age, I guess.smile.png

have to agree, those deck chairs are all but useless outdated cheap scrap, I don't even think you can buy them in the west since the 80's, how is it they manage to provide proper quality beach loungers on Cambodia beaches, they want to take them somewhere and burn the lot, if these vendors want to occupy space on the beach lets have some quality equipment to use and space them out so people are not sitting on top of each other

Last wednesday was one of the few times I really enjoyed strolling along Jomtien beach. No vendors to be seen, just bring your own towel or chair and relax like it was in the good old days.

The beach is slowly starting to look half decent with the new promenade and the 1 day a week free of rotten filthy umbrellas and fire wood chairs. We need some nice modern loungers down there with new colourful umbrellas. A tractor to rake the sand everyday, more litter bins and a team of say 5 to clean the crap up everyday.

The beach is slowly starting to look half decent with the new promenade and the 1 day a week free of rotten filthy umbrellas and fire wood chairs. We need some nice modern loungers down there with new colourful umbrellas. A tractor to rake the sand everyday, more litter bins and a team of say 5 to clean the crap up everyday.

I doubt we will live to see that day .

...........Authorities will be requesting beach chair vendors to stop renting bench chairs during Wednesdays. Aaah No Sir, I want to rent chairs 7 days a week, but Thank You for the request,

have a seat.coffee1.gif