UK tourist found dead on Koh Tao consumed Valium, alcohol

Lite Beer

Yeah good job Ya-Ba isn't available in the West. Maybe half the youth there would be on it like they are in Thailand.

it is available. For example, it's huge in the US rural mid-west. In more sophisticated places there are less lethal, more entertaining choices so people goes for them first.

Valium + Alcohol. Now there is a nice mix. Don't believe those silly doctors or the warning labels folks. The old lady in the pharmacy down my Soi says it's perfectly safe to do both at the same time.....also I read something on the internet somewhere......thumbsup.gif

Edited by lapd

Yeah good job Ya-Ba isn't available in the West. Maybe half the youth there would be on it like they are in Thailand.

it is available. For example, it's huge in the US rural mid-west. In more sophisticated places there are less lethal, more entertaining choices so people goes for them first.

Yaba literally translates to "crazy medicine" and is a combination of methamphetamine and caffeine. Even though it might be taken in a different form in the west (I'm thinking crystal meth) there most definitely is a meth problem in the west as well.

Edited by lapd

I should have been dead years ago if that mix kills . . . . facepalm.gif .

You're lucky and have a rigid constitution then. A casual friend of mine died through that combination.

He drank a lot of booze, was an alcoholic (were're talking heavy liquor first thing in the morning).

He went on a heavy night binge. Woke up just after dawn. Took a cold shower, popped some valium to get back to sleep, never woke up again. The combination slows your heart down to the point it fails to beat.

This happened on Koh Tao and he used to own a bar on the beach at Sairee.

True, but what you are saying goes against the grain with the crackpot conspiracy fanantics and you have probably done yourself out of 50 likes for your post.

• Like 1

I should have been dead years ago if that mix kills . . . . facepalm.gif .

You're lucky and have a rigid constitution then. A casual friend of mine died through that combination.

He drank a lot of booze, was an alcoholic (were're talking heavy liquor first thing in the morning).

He went on a heavy night binge. Woke up just after dawn. Took a cold shower, popped some valium to get back to sleep, never woke up again. The combination slows your heart down to the point it fails to beat.

This happened on Koh Tao and he used to own a bar on the beach at Sairee.

True, but what you are saying goes against the grain with the crackpot conspiracy fanantics and you have probably done yourself out of 50 likes for your post.

Do you only post for likes???

As well as a large number of armchair detectives we seem to have a plethora of armchair forensic chemists/pathologists. Some expert input would be most welcome.

Perhaps one of the mods could prevail upon Sheryl from the medical forum to give her views on the clinical effect of a combination of alcohol with valium and/or tramadol. I am sure she would not want to get involved in the wider aspects of this thread, but she is highly knowledgeable on matters medical and explains things very well so that even an idiot like me can understand.

Just a thought.

Not needed - she took drugs that interacted adversely with the alcohol she consumed and it killed her. END OF STORY!!

And you know this for a fact? Or merely from reading RTP's press releases?

From the initial police report where they stated that they found 3 drugs (none recreational) in the room and from the early stages of the autopsy findings that showed alcohol and valium present in her body - the autopsy will be completed soon as a more detailed study as to what is in her blood is needed so that conspirators like you can lay off the Koh Tao Mafiosi in this clear case of accidental death!!

is there someone preying on young western girls at that resort?

It sure looks like it. A cold blooded serial killer is a better description.

Now was that necessary - may I call you ignorant?

Two Western people were killed by Myanmar illegals and you say that there is a serial killer on the loose!!!

TVF seems to have a lot of junkies. Maybe explains some of the more outlandish and paranoid posts.

Concerned posts, missing girl on Koh Tao another link http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuketwatch-british-tourist-missing-koh-tao-japan-back-thai-rail-link-baggage-horror-flight-21784/

She is, Lauren Hebden 27 years old.

I found her facebook page. It says she is a scuba diving instructor for Mojo Divers on the Island and other reports say she is a backpacker. She disappeared around last September and an apparent last email was received from her last month from the Island, never been seen or heard of her since.

The story is now beginning to hit the International headlines, here we go again. If she is never found then we have another mystery pertaining to that Island. This is becoming like a horror movie only for real.

OMG.

• Like 2

Two Western people were killed by Myanmar illegals and you say that there is a serial killer on the loose!!!

You really believe they were murdered by those Burmese boys?

Sure the Burmese were found guilty but ... did they really do it???

Trial hasn't taken place yet. No facts required when posting here though.

• Like 1

I've believed all along that they are guilty (one of the few with their heads screwed on) and not taken in by their pathetic angelic faces looking up and pleading for someone to save their skin - as far as I'm concerned they are baby-faced assassins.

They haven't been found guilty (YET) by the way as the trial doesn't start until July 8th.

• Like 1

TVF seems to have a lot of junkies. Maybe explains some of the more outlandish and paranoid posts.

Concerned posts, missing girl on Koh Tao another link http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuketwatch-british-tourist-missing-koh-tao-japan-back-thai-rail-link-baggage-horror-flight-21784/

She is, Lauren Hebden 27 years old.

I found her facebook page. It says she is a scuba diving instructor for Mojo Divers on the Island and other reports say she is a backpacker. She disappeared around last September and an apparent last email was received from her last month from the Island, never been seen or heard of her since.

The story is now beginning to hit the International headlines, here we go again. If she is never found then we have another mystery pertaining to that Island. This is becoming like a horror movie only for real.

OMG.

I've believed all along that they are guilty (one of the few with their heads screwed on) and not taken in by their pathetic angelic faces looking up and pleading for someone to save their skin - as far as I'm concerned they are baby-faced assassins.

They haven't been found guilty (YET) by the way as the trial doesn't start until July 8th.

In respect of a serial killer being loose on the island and a possibility of linking this unfortunate woman's death to other than medication there is another strand that is as follows:

When the trial starts the defence will be able to contest the prosecution's claim that the Burmese 2 killed David Miller. It is exculpatory evidence that the hoe used on Hannah doesn't have DM's DNA on it, therefore the B2 didn't kill DM with it. Without a murder weapon, there is no evidence connection to DM, and therefore no case to answer.

However which way you look at it, the judge cannot convict the B2 of DM's murder because they happened to be in the vicinity of the crime scene. Of course, the defence have to contest the charge of killing Hannah, and that would mean contesting the veracity of the DNA evidence submitted by the prosecution. Possible contamination owing to the unscientific initial collection of DNA from Hannah's body is another example of exculpatory evidence that favours the defence.

The seeds against of 'proving beyond reasonable doubt' would have been sown, and if the trial is indeed fair, the defence just could stand a chance of getting the B2 a not-guilty verdict of the charges of murder.

• Like 1

Congrats! You've just been inducted into the new Fab 5!!

p/s: heads can be screwed on rightly or wrongly

• Like 1

Yes, maybe also "sex junkies" that consider a naked woman on a bed as an invitation.

Like it or not, when you are in Thailand, you should know something about local habits. Hope she had her door locked from the inside, better add a sign outside saying "do not disturb"

If I lie naked in bed, I kock the door and cover. And if someone knocks on my door, first thing I do is pull the shades away and ask who is there. But with alcohol and downers in my brain, I might also fail to remember where I am.

Taken this into account, I would get an international team of experts to examine the blood on her corpse, maybe look for wounds or cuts (what part of the body? where fid the blood come from? what time?), and then draw a conclusion. Maybe it would be better to remember her as a nice young lady on her bed who had an accident and died from an overdose.

Real hardliners might come up and insist on taking blood and look for traces of (others'?) DNA, and the conclusions might turn out on a disaster: that this lady committed suicide also because she was HIV-positive, and maybe some one raped here corpse, with the effect that all males' blood (including Farangs') blood aand maybe sperm on the island had to be taken and scanned for DNA and other traces, just to justify further investigations on possible necrophilia. You wouldn't want that, would you? Maybe you should just close her eyes...

RIP, lady from UK,

you lost your life when you were alive, and they found you when you were already dead, you should be left in dignity and respect.

• Like 1

Extract from the London Evening Standard 26 January, from the mother:

“We are worried they could cover something up – especially after the murders last year. Christina did not have a pre-existing medical condition. She said she had been given antibiotics for a chest infection, so it could’ve been a blood clot. We just don’t know at this stage."

The University of Leeds graduate was found dead in her cabin, with blood on her face, by a resort worker when she did not check out on time.

Edited by stephen terry

Extract from the London Evening Standard 26 January, from the mother:

“We are worried they could cover something up – especially after the murders last year. Christina did not have a pre-existing medical condition. She said she had been given antibiotics for a chest infection, so it could’ve been a blood clot. We just don’t know at this stage."

The University of Leeds graduate was found dead in her cabin, with blood on her face, by a resort worker when she did not check out on time.

and you people wonder why the experienced smart people on these threads question the misleading garbage that is released by Thai authorities, they would be better keeping quiet until they have gathered all the accurate information from the investigation and autopsy then hold one single press conference were reporters are allowed to ask questions

but no - it's all misinformation conflicting reports lacking detail and closed from public scrutiny

• Like 2

This is what I think and I'm entitled to my own opinion.

There are no serial killer on this island.

We have two murders and the suspects has been arrested. They are Burmese and the trial is coming up soon.

All the other incidents on the island recently are related to suicide, accidents and now this girl tragic death.

Yesterday a man was found drowned in Jomtien beach. It's high season and many tourists around , every week we will hear about trragi deaths, not only on Koh Tao.

This is my opinion, now please continue to speculate all you want about a possible serial killer.

• Like 1

berybert post # 177

Expect the missing woman to wash up on a beach close by soon. Just another mishap.

Sad to say if one thinks that a missing woman will be washed up on the beach soon you're very wrong.

Poseidon and his seas do not give up the bodies they have been given easily if hardly ever at all.

In respect of a serial killer being loose on the island and a possibility of linking this unfortunate woman's death to other than medication there is another strand that is as follows:

When the trial starts the defence will be able to contest the prosecution's claim that the Burmese 2 killed David Miller. It is exculpatory evidence that the hoe used on Hannah doesn't have DM's DNA on it, therefore the B2 didn't kill DM with it. Without a murder weapon, there is no evidence connection to DM, and therefore no case to answer.

However which way you look at it, the judge cannot convict the B2 of DM's murder because they happened to be in the vicinity of the crime scene. Of course, the defence have to contest the charge of killing Hannah, and that would mean contesting the veracity of the DNA evidence submitted by the prosecution. Possible contamination owing to the unscientific initial collection of DNA from Hannah's body is another example of exculpatory evidence that favours the defence.

The seeds against of 'proving beyond reasonable doubt' would have been sown, and if the trial is indeed fair, the defence just could stand a chance of getting the B2 a not-guilty verdict of the charges of murder.

Think you may be on the wrong thread.

Some antibiotics can also be dangerous, even without having an allergy.

Recently, I took some flagacil (sp?), also called metronidizol in Thailand (bought it at a pharmacy w/o a prescription), and was told the dose was 500 mg, twice a day. By middle of the 2nd day I had to quit due to side-effects (first time ever for me with an antibiotic).

I found out later I was probably taking 2x the correct amount. Not a "one size fits all" drug, apparently.

This is what I think and I'm entitled to my own opinion.

There are no serial killer on this island.

We have two murders and the suspects has been arrested. They are Burmese and the trial is coming up soon.

All the other incidents on the island recently are related to suicide, accidents and now this girl tragic death.

Yesterday a man was found drowned in Jomtien beach. It's high season and many tourists around , every week we will hear about trragi deaths, not only on Koh Tao.

This is my opinion, now please continue to speculate all you want about a possible serial killer.

A couple of months ago I would have completely agreed with you, but now considering there have been 7 young tourist deaths (or more, I am losing count) since last September and now another young tourist gone missing last seen on the Island, has to be classified as extraordinary. I am not speculating on these deaths and disappearances one way or another, but alarm bells have begun ringing in my mind that tells me all is not well there, there are forces at work, whatever they are, that is causing people to die on that Island. It`s like a who done it or what`s causing it horror movie, only this is for real.

It could be simply that young tourists are going to the extremes with drugs and alcohol, living dangerously, or at the moment could be anyone`s guess, I don`t claim to know more than anyone else. But whatever people are demanded some convincing answers without the mystery aspect.