UK tourist found dead on Koh Tao consumed Valium, alcohol

Lite Beer

Even without tolerance you can take crazy amounts of Valium and alcohol without dying. She must have swallowed a whole pharmacy to reach lethal levels. Maybe her body was messed up cause of mixing lots of drugs which might cause death.

• Like 1

What is wrong on Kho Tao ?

Too many drunken indulged spoilt British yobs, in the main.

Sorry but if you don't know what a yob is, maybe you should refrain from comment. Or do you have reports of Brits fighting on the island that the rest of us haven't seen ?

I found this on the web...

"The antithesis of what a good boy should be - rude, obnoxious, violent and stupid. Formed by spelling 'boy' bacwards, it was coined in England in the 18th century as it was very popular amongst upperclasses to speak backwards at the time."

What surprised me was why the "upperclasses" wanted to speak backwards.

Even today, the upperclasses (or people who consider themselves to be so) seems to be "backward"

Even without tolerance you can take crazy amounts of Valium and alcohol without dying. She must have swallowed a whole pharmacy to reach lethal levels. Maybe her body was messed up cause of mixing lots of drugs which might cause death.

You can take hundreds of mgs of diazepam and drink a load of beers and be fine and do that 1,000 times, which by now I probably have about done, but you could do it 1 times and die. We are all different biochemically speaking and there are many factors to take into consideration.

Edited by monk213
  • Like 1

Yes please check out the article published by the London Evening Standard, it's available online.

It seems that Christina's Mother, far from saying 'she died of natural causes' is frantic with worry over a cover up over her daughters death and wants the body back for PM in the Uk.

Obviously going by some of the comments on here she should really learn to place more faith in the capable hands of the authorities, after all they have performed so impressively in all the other deaths that have been so brilliantly solved recently.

I await with interest independent investigation of this, another tragic death on what is surely becoming the unluckiest or simply the most sinister Island in Thailand.......

• Like 2

Are some of you for real. Disappointed that the police may have got it right, flunked the armchair detective course have we. Can't theorise about a murder can we, no more assumption or speculation. But wait, some of you are now chemists and know that this mix could not possibly kill her. One even goes to the stage of suggesting she would not want to kill herself. Many do not, but many take these concoctions to heighten their experience, not with the intention of doing themselves in but alas, some do make mistakes and end up going to far..

Death by misadventure, most likely, suicide, a possibility but unlikely however definitely not murder. We even have one poster telling us the coroner did not care to find out the cause of death. Please understand, the coroners report has not been released so how can that statement be taken seriously. Why do not some of you read or is it you do not comprehend or are just picking pieces to suit your agenda? It's only a preliminary report, and these just detail the basics.

Ok, please note, the Preliminary Report states that a combination alcohol and Valium was found in her system. You would need a large quantity of the drug alone to have an overdose but mixed with alcohol, a very deadly concoction. So why can't all of you who want to go off on your tangents of theories, assumptions speculation, accept that the poor lass was not murdered and, at this point in time, appears to have brought about her own demise and that it had nothing to do with certain people, corrupt police or even the so called mafia or serial killers, as some have suggested. Also, Valium and tramadol are readily bought throughout Thailand, without the need for a prescription.

We would not theorise about these cases if the RTP did their job properly. Within minutes the RTP say no foul play, how can they say that. The man found

hanged with his hands tied was "suicide" Really !!!! The boy found dead a while ago, was supposed to have fallen 50 foot without bruising himself.

The RTP should stop speculating and give out FACTS.

Looks like they did their job ok.. Please show me where that they made this statement within minutes of discovering the incident. I don't know the police involved or how they carried out their investigation but if you know anything about policing and have any investigative skills, then maybe you would understand that police sometimes issue statements for specific reasons.

Also, if you are practised in investigating murders, by just examining the crime scene, it is possible to establish that there has not been any foul play. Are you using the tabloid stories to base your statement on? I hope not, as their interpretation of what occurred and what actually went down can be very different. So to answer your question, it is very easy for a skilled investigator to make such a statement. I have not referred to the other two matters, know nothing about them, so why have you brought them into the discussion. What conclusion are you trying to draw by discussing irrelevant matters.

So you want the facts, what for? You cannot and never will have any input or is it just assist you in your endeavours to solve the case and make you look good as an armchair detective.

Edited by Si Thea01
  • Like 2

You can take hundreds of mgs of diazepam and drink a load of beers and be fine and do that 1,000 times, which by now I probably have about done, but you could do it 1 times and die. We are all different biochemically speaking and there are many factors to take into consideration.

True.

We see famous people dying by small amounts of drugs. Lets say a small amount of painkiller and small a amount of benzo and a harmless anti histamine.

I know people that can take this amount during a day: 200mg Valium + 10mg Xanax and some Ativan and Stilnoct and be fine.

Biochemically different, and no one knows if they can take it or if they will be checking in on the last flight when taking reasonable amounts of a drug.

• Like 1

True.

We see famous people dying by small amounts of drugs. Lets say a small amount of painkiller and small a amount of benzo and a harmless anti histamine.

I know people that can take this amount during a day: 200mg Valium + 10mg Xanax and some Ativan and Stilnoct and be fine.

Biochemically different, and no one knows if they can take it or if they will be checking in on the last flight when taking reasonable amounts of a drug.

Precisely, also tolerance needs to factor in as well as illnesses at the time and various other things. When I told my doctor I was using 400mg of valium a day at first he thought I was lying but then questioned how I was still alive, even doctors (and I know this from a lot of experience with them) know little about benzos, withdrawals and drug interactions with them. I would say around 80% of them don't know enough on the subject

• Like 1

A valium and alcohol will have virtually zero additional effect, like an extra drink or two.

Technically it's possible that it can kill you but I believe you would need to consume a huge amount of both alcohol and valium for this to happen. It wouldn't happen by accident.

Certain painkillers which won't generally be available in Thailand are something different entirely, a few of them with a night of drinking can send you directly to the morgue just like all those hollywood types who occasionally die. They often take valium too but it's the opiate based medications that do the damage.

Why don't we just assume that it was a drug/alcohol combination that caused her death and cut out the 'forensic doctor pretence crap'!!

Are all of the doubters that were doing overtime yesterday satisfied now, or are you going to wait for the UK autopsy that won't happen to prove beyond all doubt that it was an unfortunate accidental death?

I bet that you are still working on ways to implicate the secret Mafia of Koh Tao into the story!!wai.gif. You are very amusing indeed.

'Just assume' !? Convinced now you are a RTP employee or Mon.

I've already admitted to being the mayor's brother and have to own up that I am in the RTP - not sure what a mon is but I am probably one of them as well!!

• Like 1

Are some of you for real. Disappointed that the police may have got it right, flunked the armchair detective course have we. Can't theorise about a murder can we, no more assumption or speculation. But wait, some of you are now chemists and know that this mix could not possibly kill her. One even goes to the stage of suggesting she would not want to kill herself. Many do not, but many take these concoctions to heighten their experience, not with the intention of doing themselves in but alas, some do make mistakes and end up going to far..

Death by misadventure, most likely, suicide, a possibility but unlikely however definitely not murder. We even have one poster telling us the coroner did not care to find out the cause of death. Please understand, the coroners report has not been released so how can that statement be taken seriously. Why do not some of you read or is it you do not comprehend or are just picking pieces to suit your agenda? It's only a preliminary report, and these just detail the basics.

Ok, please note, the Preliminary Report states that a combination alcohol and Valium was found in her system. You would need a large quantity of the drug alone to have an overdose but mixed with alcohol, a very deadly concoction. So why can't all of you who want to go off on your tangents of theories, assumptions speculation, accept that the poor lass was not murdered and, at this point in time, appears to have brought about her own demise and that it had nothing to do with certain people, corrupt police or even the so called mafia or serial killers, as some have suggested. Also, Valium and tramadol are readily bought throughout Thailand, without the need for a prescription.

We would not theorise about these cases if the RTP did their job properly. Within minutes the RTP say no foul play, how can they say that. The man found

hanged with his hands tied was "suicide" Really !!!! The boy found dead a while ago, was supposed to have fallen 50 foot without bruising himself.

Looks like they did their job ok.. Please show me where that they made this statement within minutes of discovering the incident. I don't know the police involved or how they carried out their investigation but if you know anything about policing and have any investigative skills, then maybe you would understand that police sometimes issue statements for specific reasons.

Also, if you are practised in investigating murders, by just examining the crime scene, it is possible to establish that there has not been any foul play. Are you using the tabloid stories to base your statement on? I hope not, as their interpretation of what occurred and what actually went down can be very different. So to answer your question, it is very easy for a skilled investigator to make such a statement. I have not referred to the other two matters, know nothing about them, so why have you brought them into the discussion. What conclusion are you trying to draw by discussing irrelevant matters.

So you want the facts, what for? You cannot and never will have any input or is it just assist you in your endeavours to solve the case and make you look good as an armchair detective.

Quite right.

In a case like this, where a young person dies suddenly, with no signs of violence, but signs of drugs, the first reaction is that there has been no crime. However, this is not taken for granted and the scene is sealed pending a post mortem.

It seems the police did just that -unless you still believe the room was rented out after 15 minutes. If the post mortem reveals something unexpected you can go back and examine the scene for a possible murder.

Maybe the police made mistakes. I do not know; nobody on this thread does, but so far I cannot fins fault with the police in this case. Any fault finding is speculation pure and simple.

I should have been dead years ago if that mix kills . . . . facepalm.gif .

You're lucky and have a rigid constitution then. A casual friend of mine died through that combination.

He drank a lot of booze, was an alcoholic (were're talking heavy liquor first thing in the morning).

He went on a heavy night binge. Woke up just after dawn. Took a cold shower, popped some valium to get back to sleep, never woke up again. The combination slows your heart down to the point it fails to beat.

This happened on Koh Tao and he used to own a bar on the beach at Sairee.

Valium does not kill and it does not slow down the heart rate - the danger of Valium is that it is highly addictive

Quite right.

In a case like this, where a young person dies suddenly, with no signs of violence, but signs of drugs, the first reaction is that there has been no crime. However, this is not taken for granted and the scene is sealed pending a post mortem.

It seems the police did just that -unless you still believe the room was rented out after 15 minutes. If the post mortem reveals something unexpected you can go back and examine the scene for a possible murder.

Maybe the police made mistakes. I do not know; nobody on this thread does, but so far I cannot fins fault with the police in this case. Any fault finding is speculation pure and simple.

Very unlikely to die from a combination of Valium and alcohol - if one of them causes death it is the alcohol.

I am not convinced that they named (and found?) the true cause of the death.

You can find many chemicals and drugs in a dead body - if it is not in a letal concentration that says nothing

• Like 1

So sad - again. I would presume you'd have to take a very large quantity of the valium and drink a lot of booze - which is entirely possible on that island - for someone to OD. But really, you'd have to take a lot I would imagine. How did she ever get home in the first place??? I'm sure she must have been partying with friends or others; can they provide some behavioral insights? Hhhmmm…. First, perhaps the "Valium" wasn't actual valium, but a bootleg valium containing chemical that really does have a fatal mix with alcohol - you know, the kind made in China that you can buy on the street on Sukhumvit. Second, I had a cousin that mixed barbiturates (not sure what kind) and booze daily and seemingly constantly for years and years and didn't OD. She lost her mind and made an ass of herself everyday, but she didn't die. The case seems suspicious to me, and not just because it's on Koh Tao; that's another reason. RIP.

I should have been dead years ago if that mix kills . . . . facepalm.gif .

You're lucky and have a rigid constitution then. A casual friend of mine died through that combination.

He drank a lot of booze, was an alcoholic (were're talking heavy liquor first thing in the morning).

He went on a heavy night binge. Woke up just after dawn. Took a cold shower, popped some valium to get back to sleep, never woke up again. The combination slows your heart down to the point it fails to beat.

This happened on Koh Tao and he used to own a bar on the beach at Sairee.

Valium does not kill and it does not slow down the heart rate - the danger of Valium is that it is highly addictive

So you are saying that it is not dangerous...............but it is dangerous because it is highly addictive. Make your mind up, will you.

I'll spend a few hours in a dark room trying to work that one out!!w00t.gif.

As there was nothing else that could have killed her other than a drugs/alcohol cocktail I think that you have got your facts wrong. Prove me wrong by coming up with an alternative theory.

As well as a large number of armchair detectives we seem to have a plethora of armchair forensic chemists/pathologists. Some expert input would be most welcome.

Perhaps one of the mods could prevail upon Sheryl from the medical forum to give her views on the clinical effect of a combination of alcohol with valium and/or tramadol. I am sure she would not want to get involved in the wider aspects of this thread, but she is highly knowledgeable on matters medical and explains things very well so that even an idiot like me can understand.

Just a thought.

Not needed - she took drugs that interacted adversely with the alcohol she consumed and it killed her. END OF STORY!!

As well as a large number of armchair detectives we seem to have a plethora of armchair forensic chemists/pathologists. Some expert input would be most welcome.

Perhaps one of the mods could prevail upon Sheryl from the medical forum to give her views on the clinical effect of a combination of alcohol with valium and/or tramadol. I am sure she would not want to get involved in the wider aspects of this thread, but she is highly knowledgeable on matters medical and explains things very well so that even an idiot like me can understand.

Just a thought.

To be honest, cruncher, there is a lot to be said when it comes to experimenting with said substances on yourself and with others for multiple years. If you have some good scientific background knowledge at a somewhat advanced level as well, it helps you to understand how things work with regards to drug interactions, doses, what parts of the brain are stimulated and how, what organs are at risk and why etc. So when you next see a drug user, they could well be an educated fellow. Look at shulgin for example, the guy tested everything on himself.

monk213, on 27 Jan 2015 - 10:56, said:
Bernard Flint, on 27 Jan 2015 - 10:39, said:
monk213, on 27 Jan 2015 - 10:31, said:
Deli, on 27 Jan 2015 - 10:20, said:

If this kills, I am a walking dead blink.png

I know I feel lucky too, it can kill but alcohol and valium together isn't that dangerous, add some opiates like tramadol in the mix and things get dangerous 10 fold at least. I did have this video where I took 30mg of xanax because someone was telling me it would kill me, and at that time my tolerance was sky high so I knew I would be fine and I didn't even blackout. Benzos by themselves are pretty much suicide proof, you could take a bottle of valium and you probably would be fine after you eventually woke up.

she spent 60 gbp on antibioitics, no way, she spent the money on xanaz/ diazapam, which is widely used by the young generation, with alcohol

I can't really see where you are going with that post, how much sarcasm is involved or what facepalm.gif

But 60 quids worth of xanax and or valium, here... LMAO heck I couldn't get through that in a week let alone a night. All I am saying is (from experience with being involved in all kinds of social circles over the past 15 years) is that it is very rare for someone to die from benzodiazepines and alcohol as a combination, not impossible but it is just rare. Mixing the big 3 as I have previously said is very different though, benzos, alcohol and opiates.

She obviously had a very low tolerance and was rendered to the point where she had super low slow respiration and a low heart rate. I still don't know why she was found naked though, has that been explained yet?

I still don't know why she was found naked though, has that been explained yet?

Sleeping naked is not unusual in tropical climates. I don't think the rooms in the InTouch resort have air-con and in one of her tweets she complained about the noise of the fan, so perhaps she wasn't using it and was just too hot.

Murderer or not, what is going on on that tiny island? Talk about a bout of bad luck. Someone needs to invite some religious folk over there to perform a healing, exorcism or something. One thing sticks, one reputation that people believe and that is - If you die in suspicious circumstances in Thailand, your murderers or case will never be solved and the real perpertators never brought to justice.

Dont want to make any conspirations in this case, but Valium and alcohol must be consumed in very very very high doses to be lethal.

On what basis do you make this statement? A high amount of Valium, yes but mixed with alcohol, a very dangerous concoction. Sorry but you are so wrong and are posting very misleading information. Before you post, get you facts straight.

You must have missed the part where it mentioned 'tramadol' - when mixed with alcohol this is very dangerous unlike valium and alcohol.

• Like 1

blink.png translation pleasefacepalm.gif

English girls and boys me feel love to try exotic races for pleasure and I see many of them like to get smashed before the session so the drugs may be in relation to the hunt for pleasure in the hotel room, if they could learn to enjoy without drugs and alcohol be safer for them but sometimes I feel they dont want it but they do want it and so they may be confused peoples

• Like 1

Just a thought.

Not needed - she took drugs that interacted adversely with the alcohol she consumed and it killed her. END OF STORY!!

And you know this for a fact? Or merely from reading RTP's press releases?

English girls and boys me feel love to try exotic races for pleasure and I see many of them like to get smashed before the session so the drugs may be in relation to the hunt for pleasure in the hotel room, if they could learn to enjoy without drugs and alcohol be safer for them but sometimes I feel they dont want it but they do want it and so they may be confused peoples

Are you a clown?

• Like 2

unless I missed something

1. There is no confirmation she actually went out that night and it was reported she was due to leave next day

2. There was no actual levels released with the toxicology report so you can speculate all you want but without that info then that is all it is

3. The reported she had a chronic illness of some kind and it was implied she was taking medication for it

4. condoms leave a trace, someone may have learned a lesson so no dna

what is missing

cctv

phone records

witnesses to anything

who spoke to her

if she went out - where

why are people that live and work on the island not speaking up - what's the story

I can understand why the delay in reporting the death - relatives first

has the other girl reported missing been found

is there someone preying on young western girls at that resort

• Like 2