Tottenham Thread

chonabot

was i hearing things,   :w00t:   chadli  to w b for 30 mill       !!!!!!!!!!!!!        the worlds gone abso  <deleted> nuts

so us looking at zaha for down the left sort of makes more sense now, i presume as its a done deal for chadli

it would be the same for zaha ??? one out one in ,,,,

reckon poch is getting kane and janseen 'used' to each other,, cant see it being a regular partnership

and same again with kane dropping into a deeper role,, why would you drop take that scoring threat away from

where its most effective,,, again IMO not a perm thing but

but  but both very useful option to have especially when we're going into the champs league

seems a strange thing to say but feels like poch could  trying things out in the prem in preparation for that

2 hours ago, rijit said:

was i hearing things,   :w00t:   chadli  to w b for 30 mill       !!!!!!!!!!!!!        the worlds gone abso  <deleted> nuts

so us looking at zaha for down the left sort of makes more sense now, i presume as its a done deal for chadli

it would be the same for zaha ??? one out one in ,,,,

I was it was 13 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/28/west-brom-agree-a-club-record-13million-deal-for-tottenhams-atta/

No wonder we are missing Dembele : 

83/95 dribbles completed last season gives a success rate of 87.4%. Nobody else who attempted that many even come close to such a success rate. Of all midfielders who attempted over 50 dribbles last season, Yaya Toure has the second best success rate at 70.7%. He also had an incredible pass completion rate. 90.8% in the opponents half and 89.7% in the final third, both team highs. It’s therefore not much of a surprise that he was missed in the games he didn’t play last season, and will be sorely missed in the first 4 games of this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

No wonder we are missing Dembele : 

83/95 dribbles completed last season gives a success rate of 87.4%. Nobody else who attempted that many even come close to such a success rate. Of all midfielders who attempted over 50 dribbles last season, Yaya Toure has the second best success rate at 70.7%. He also had an incredible pass completion rate. 90.8% in the opponents half and 89.7% in the final third, both team highs. It’s therefore not much of a surprise that he was missed in the games he didn’t play last season, and will be sorely missed in the first 4 games of this.

I really do think his incense was a critical factor on saturday.  He makes us tick.  One things for sure, someones going to have to drop out to accommodate him in a couple of weeks

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

I really do think his incense was a critical factor on saturday.  He makes us tick.  One things for sure, someones going to have to drop out to accommodate him in a couple of weeks

Realistically, Dembele's most effective in Central midfield, although he has been played on the right and in the hole behind Kane.

I can only see Dier or Wanyama having to drop out to accommodate him.

The article below adds further proof of his importance, especially the first sentence.

Since returning from injury in October last year, the Lilywhites have not lost in the 23 matches he has started, while taking only nine points in 10 games without the Belgian international.

Dembele often finds himself as the link between attack and defence for the North Londoners, collecting the ball off the back four before moving the ball forward to the likes of Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli.

Harry Kane has also suffered without Dembele. Since the start of the last campaign the England international has scored 24 goals in 27 games with the midfielder starting compared to only one goal in 12 games without him.

• Like 1

Early doors to make an accurate assesment of Wanyama But so far,,,, he's ok, he's physical and defensively he's sound , his short game is good, and looks as though he could be a threat on set plays, however up against Dembele he probably beats him only on his defensive game and we've got dier next to him to do that, to me whilst wanyama is a good addition to the squad and over a season will prove to be of value. Dembele for all the prev stats mentioned plus dembeles work rate box to box puts him,imo, in a diferent class,tbh cant wait for him to return, will not be surprised if it marks a turn around in our
' fortunes'

48 minutes ago, rijit said:

Oh theres surprise, a few wins and.out they come !! one sure thing.about this particular utd fan is once they lose a few games he'll be gone.

To be fair he does have the longest fence in Thailand. :lol:

12 hours ago, smokie36 said:

We'd better sign some players tomorrow or we are going to have a very thin squad!

Yes its quite concerning looking at the bench.  Winks, Onomah, Carter-Vickers, all teenagers.

Now Chadli and Bentaleb gone and Mason soon to follow.  All i can say is Poch must really rate these kids.

"In Poch we trust"

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes its quite concerning looking at the bench.  Winks, Onomah, Carter-Vickers, all teenagers.

Now Chadli and Bentaleb gone and Mason soon to follow.  All i can say is Poch must really rate these kids.

"In Poch we trust"

I just hope its not £30m for Zaha.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

"In Poch we trust"

Mason went yesterday carms !

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Every time I read "In Poch we trust" I can't help myself from shouting out a "Hallelujah to that brethren!"

Couple of key injuries and you lot will be reaching for the Kleenex again BB....have no fear. :thumbsup:

Then the chequebook will be back out in January....:whistling:

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

GKN and the Spanish keeper  is probably the  most we are gonna do, unless Levy pulls a rabbit out of the hat which i doubt !

Its been good housekeeping really....but I'd love to see a surprise.

We have been top heavy with midfield players for a while now....but not any more!

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Over the weekend, I thought of the likely top teams that Spurs' bench looked the weakest.

Already mentioned by carms....but clearly Poch left out all those who were to be sold alongside the suspension left our bench very thin indeed.

Nkoudou will improve that but I think we need one more midfielder for when we play with one up top.

21 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Over the weekend, I thought of the likely top teams that Spurs' bench looked the weakest.

Weakest?  Well that remains to be seen and i doubt you've seen any of them play bar fleeting moments of Onomah so your not in any position to judge.

What is worrying is how young they are.