Tottenham Thread

chonabot

4 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

so ,, for a WHOLE WINDOW we dont sign anyone ? , cant see it as a HUGE issue , we aint lost anyone of note,   squad was good enuf for 3 rd last year and a year packed with more HIGH LEVEL experience  for our youngsters, without exception imo they will all be better this season than last, so  this season  BRING IT ON  .

At this rate a lot could depend on Foyth and Carter-Vickers covering at center back although both being right footed we have no left footed center back to cover for Vertonghen.

Midfield is in tatters injury wise with a lack of experienced cover.  Upfront Llorente is the only cover for Kane and he's been nothing short of useless.

Sorry to put a dampener on things but just the way i see it.

If we were going to sell a top player why didn't we sell Lloris as goalkeepers is where we do have solid cover!!!?

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

The WC and shortened window has created havoc for nearly everybody. Even more so for the likes of Levy.

And maybe everyones wise to his tactics now and thinking two can play at this game!!

Lets face it, its not like they all are not aware of what Pochettino said about being brave....even looks like we'll have to overspend to get the lad from Villa that no Spurs fans seem to want anyway!!!  Funny.

33 minutes ago, carmine said:

And maybe everyones wise to his tactics now and thinking two can play at this game!!

Lets face it, its not like they all are not aware of what Pochettino said about being brave....even looks like we'll have to overspend to get the lad from Villa that no Spurs fans seem to want anyway!!!  Funny.

I'm pretty sure we're not going to get Grealish....funny he usually taps up a player in the same division to try to wreck his season!

1 hour ago, carmine said:

At this rate a lot could depend on Foyth and Carter-Vickers covering at center back although both being right footed we have no left footed center back to cover for Vertonghen.

Midfield is in tatters injury wise with a lack of experienced cover.  Upfront Llorente is the only cover for Kane and he's been nothing short of useless.

Sorry to put a dampener on things but just the way i see it.

If we were going to sell a top player why didn't we sell Lloris as goalkeepers is where we do have solid cover!!!?

but it's no different from last season, the ONLY loss could be toby and  we did well enuf without him last season , in fact i thought at the end of the day we were stronger , verity surprised me and stepped up . and cover 4 him, well we didnt have any last season and left footers are always an issue and are for most teams and short term plenty play right footers either side, and   the young ones coverin need match time so  no biggie.  as for the midfield in tatters , how ? winks is the only injury doubt and think he's bac,, no ? wanyama missing most of last year is bac  lamela was out most of last season and he's bac  overall it aint changed and has a decent champions lge behind it and many had GOOD exp from the w/c  they'll be better for it  , as for cover for kane will ANY decent striker come knowing he AINT gonna START ever . Llorente  could do with being rid , me I thought right at the end when jansen relaxed and stopped trying to hard there was a glimmer that he could make it, but maybe thats a forgone hope , but we 'll c. Me I'm optimistic, think its a decent squad IN PLACE , others have had to improve but ours has PROVEN  atm it's good enuf , being settled  and no new additions can work, wouldn't like for it to stretch more than a couple of windows but atm ALLS WELL 

Edited by 3 minus 2

12 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

but it's no different from last season, the ONLY loss could be toby and  we did well enuf without him last season , in fact i thought at the end of the day we were stronger , verity surprised me and stepped up . and cover 4 him, well we didnt have any last season and left footers are always an issue and are for most teams and short term plenty play right footers either side, and   the young ones coverin need match time so  no biggie.  as for the midfield in tatters , how ? winks is the only injury doubt and think he's bac,, no ? wanyama missing most of last year is bac  lamela was out most of last season and he's bac  overall it aint changed and has a decent champions lge behind it and many had GOOD exp from the w/c  they'll be better for it  , as for cover for kane will ANY decent striker come knowing he AINT gonna START ever . Llorente  could do with being rid , me I thought right at the end when jansen relaxed and stopped trying to hard there was a glimmer that he could make it, but maybe thats a forgone hope , but we 'll c. Me I'm optimistic, think its a decent squad IN PLACE , others have had to improve but ours has PROVEN  atm it's good enuf , being settled  and no new additions can work, wouldn't like for it to stretch more than a couple of windows but atm ALLS WELL 

Wanyama has broken down again, Winks apparently still not ready.  Sissoko is no hope to man nor beast. Then theres the uncertainty of Dembele and if he does stay,  the injury worries.  All in all it looks precarious.

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

Wanyama has broken down again, Winks apparently still not ready.  Sissoko is no hope to man nor beast. Then theres the uncertainty of Dembele and if he does stay,  the injury worries.  All in all it looks precarious.

The main reason for bringing in a box to box midfielder is so Dembele if he stays is never covered by Sissoko....in fact so that Sissoko never sits on our bench even.

He's crap end of.

1 minute ago, carmine said:

harsh on sissoko, as for winks and wanyama, we did well enuf without them last season so no biggie and tbh in my eyes the juries still out on winks, potential yeah but how many have we seen with that?,, IF dembele were to go that'll be  a blow but CANT see us lettin that happening atm AND the balls in our court he's on a recently refreshed contract and without blowin our trumpet football wise aint gonna go to a better/bigger club with champs lge so dont suppose he's in a major rush,  even without any signings we're in decent enuf shape and with levy overlording  contracts all's well enuf, so chill carms alls well.   well ,,, enuf atm 

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The main reason for bringing in a box to box midfielder is so Dembele if he stays is never covered by Sissoko....in fact so that Sissoko never sits on our bench even.

He's crap end of.

Has to be the worst panic buy we've ever made.  30m!!!!!  Disastrous.

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

harsh on sissoko, as for winks and wanyama, we did well enuf without them last season so no biggie and tbh in my eyes the juries still out on winks, potential yeah but how many have we seen with that?,, IF dembele were to go that'll be  a blow but CANT see us lettin that happening atm AND the balls in our court he's on a recently refreshed contract and without blowin our trumpet football wise aint gonna go to a better/bigger club with champs lge so dont suppose he's in a major rush,  even without any signings we're in decent enuf shape and with levy overlording  contracts all's well enuf, so chill carms alls well.   well ,,, enuf atm 

I hope you are right.  Maybe i'm being too pessimistic but i'm concerned.

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He's crap end of.

best you have another look and take note of what he actually does, rather than just listen to the commentary, countless time's he made LONG runs from deep NEVER got a mention and the decent enuf ball at the end NEVER got a mention, he defo needs to add goals to his game however we will see.

my only concern/ regret with this window  is that we never got anyone to pay us a large lump for danny rose, think overall the penny is dropping about him , defending he just aint up to task, thought the world cup showed EXACTLY what my concerns with him have been.

14 minutes ago, carmine said:

Has to be the worst panic buy we've ever made.  30m!!!!!  Disastrous.

i can think of  far far worse , rebrov springs to mind now att he was MEGA  bucks looked v much like we didnt even know where he played when we signed him , truly shocking management, bentley wasnt far behind either  brazil was a poor buy  loads worse than him. half sissokos prob is he looks so awkward , get over that and he actually does some decent stuff 

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

my only concern/ regret with this window  is that we never got anyone to pay us a large lump for danny rose, think overall the penny is dropping about him , defending he just aint up to task, thought the world cup showed EXACTLY what my concerns with him have been.

The positives for me next season will be Eriksen and Trippier who I think is going to terrorize defences this coming season and get a good number of assists.

Oh and for effs sake play Lucas Moura....give him some game time!

4 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

i can think of  far far worse , rebrov springs to mind now att he was MEGA  bucks looked v much like we didnt even know where he played when we signed him , truly shocking management, bentley wasnt far behind either  brazil was a poor buy  loads worse than him. half sissokos prob is he looks so awkward , get over that and he actually does some decent stuff 

Sissoko has done nothing to turn the fans but it would be hard to find a group of us in the pub before the game hoping he plays....we just always look disjointed and the midfield gets overrun when he plays.

I just don't think he is smart enough really or quick enough in thought for our game.

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Sissoko has done nothing to turn the fans but it would be hard to find a group of us in the pub before the game hoping he plays....we just always look disjointed and the midfield gets overrun when he plays.

I just don't think he is smart enough really or quick enough in thought for our game.

He is possibly better than Usain Bolt. Possibly.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Today is the day Jellybean...I expect you'll be bolstering your bench with Mbappe or some such.

Looks like City are settled Ronnie, though maybe a late minute DM.

3 hours ago, jellydog said:

Some Twitter wag pointed out that on the the last day of the window last year Spurs brought on Llorente. The year before that on the last day....Sissoko !

Don't give up hope.:biggrin:

You offer cold comfort.

Icy cold.

28 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

So we have the complete squad already.

Mugged you all off lol.

Fair play. It's a joke not to reinforce and then on transfer day he tries to look like he's in the market. 

I think the wage increases has impacted the transfer kitty and something had to give. Damn shame.

13 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

fair points i think half the trouble is you KNOW he can do a   ,,, site more,hes built like  a brick   hse  never  REALLY use's it or busts a gut, dont get me wrong think he's more than decent enuf to have  around

but <deleted> we bought him on that wc or was it the europeans ,, anyway he had  stonking tourno so U KNOW he can be that much better perhaps the luv we've shown in him over the lst couple  will pay divs this year   who knows ,,

Edited by 3 minus 2

Pochettino believes new signings take six or seven months to adapt; 

quote from the guardian 2 day, which then makin jan signings better sence, the world thinks jan signings hard but ther'll be the odd classy casualty for sure and levy CAN deal well  so   pre season signing the expectations can be burdensome, signing in jan can give players a little more settling in time   me in jan ide defo go after jones at utd   zaha and poss shaw, i'de be surprised if rose played much ,, but who knows  never say never ,,,

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Pochettino believes new signings take six or seven months to adapt; 

quote from the guardian 2 day, which then makin jan signings better sence, the world thinks jan signings hard but ther'll be the odd classy casualty for sure and levy CAN deal well  so   pre season signing the expectations can be burdensome, signing in jan can give players a little more settling in time   me in jan ide defo go after jones at utd   zaha and poss shaw, i'de be surprised if rose played much ,, but who knows  never say never ,,,

Makes perfect sense that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:55 AM, carmine said:

I don't think this window would have been that significant had it not been what Pochettino said in the aftermath of our shocking semi final performance.

Its well known that we needed to sell before we bought so by virtue of that alone outgoings had to be priced sensibly to offload in good time.  That clearly has not been the case.

Sorry Carms but a few months ago when I was talking about how the cost of the new stadium may affect getting new signings etc I got bashed on here and you said this:-

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:53 AM, carmine said:

You lads really need to move on.  New subject matter should include questions as to why Pochettino has a rather large transfer budget this summer if, as the usual suspects seem to believe, we are in financial crisis?

Are you now able to admit that furnishing the cost of the new stadium has affected the clubs ability to sign new players?

• Like 1