Tottenham Thread

chonabot

On 9/10/2018 at 4:13 PM, balo said:

We need to start winning again, I expect us to win the rest of the games before Christmas, just to get the confidence we need to fight for the title.

That went well! You should join the Prediction League....you're as bad as the rest of us:biggrin:

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Will be surprised if Spurs make top 4.

Certainly looked out of sorts. Seemed to be lacking energy which is normally a big plus. Kane was very quiet again. 

On the day probably lucky Liverpool weren’t at their best either. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Certainly looked out of sorts. Seemed to be lacking energy which is normally a big plus. Kane was very quiet again. 

On the day probably lucky Liverpool weren’t at their best either. 

I think Liverpool are a different beast this season, especially defensively. A much more balanced squad.

• Like 1

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

This Liverpool team could win the league if they sort out their teamwork better.

Too many selfish individual errors.

Why did that make me think of Danny Rose...?

We are rusty at present so I am hoping we kick into gear in the next few games and possibly take 30 points from the first 10.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

I can think of a team that won the first ten and everyone said the Premier was theirs...then it went tits up. 

I can think of a team who squandered there title attempt as a result of a very bad goalkeeper who lasted a season. 

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Decent shout for a (Mane clip of Son's foot) penalty in the last minute at 1v2. Where's VAR when you need it eh.

Nah. Thought ref got it right.. but in  those last ten minutes we could have nicked a draw. How unjust would that have been.

Very poor performance , and Liverpool look like us last season, full of confidence and play good attacking football. 

Not sure why we can'r create enough chances , yes Liverpool were good , still at home and only  3 shots on target. Should have been a penalty in the end .

Top 4 still what we should focus on , nothing has changed really , we just don't look the same as last season . 

But I think we  can turn this around to something positive already on Tuesday against Inter, they had a poor game and lost at home to Parma. 

That was a scoreline that hid the true reflection of the game, it was a far more comprehensive win.  Liverpool were extremely good.  Bossed the game from start to finish.  

As for Spurs, were looked nearly, almost tired, lacking in all the basics required.  Apart from the current form of Lucas Moura i have nothing positive to say about that at all.  If we have leveled at the end it would have been a travesty.  We look slow and knackered, and so early in the season.  Is this the hangover from having so many players playing deep into the world cup?  And Dier!!!!!  We so desperately need Wanyama back and match fit.  

Don't know about playing Inter and Brighton away next week, the entire team looks like they need a solid weeks kip.  

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Nah. Thought ref got it right.. but in  those last ten minutes we could have nicked a draw. How unjust would that have been.

quite, the last thing i want to hear is Spurs fans moaning about a dubious penalty shout when we've obviously been played off the park and deserved nothing.  Liverpool were far better and deserved the points.  That should be the end of it and i didn't think it was a penalty anyway.

• Like 1

How many times will we see Danny Rose miles out of position this season?

The lad is a liability nowadays.

Vorm I can forgive as he hadn't started a big game in a long while and certainly got thrown in the deep end there.

Lucas Moura what can you say?....he improves with every game he plays....first name on the teamsheet now for me.

4 hours ago, carmine said:

quite, the last thing i want to hear is Spurs fans moaning about a dubious penalty shout when we've obviously been played off the park and deserved nothing.  Liverpool were far better and deserved the points.  That should be the end of it and i didn't think it was a penalty a4nyway.

Yeah they looked laboured  but the 'tiredness' thing.. ok if its tiredness no doubts its a factor but we then managed to pick up the pace in the last 15 mins ? .. tbh looked to me like poch got it wrong,as he did at watford,   and yesterday  it took all of ? Mins   4 liverpool to work it out and them v quickly  take the wind out of our sails

Edited by 3 minus 2

11 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah they looked laboured  but the 'tiredness' thing.. ok if its tiredness no doubts its a factor but we then managed to pick up the pace in the last 15 mins ? .. tbh looked to me like poch got it wrong,as he did at watford,   and yesterday  it took all of ? Mins   4 liverpool to work it out and them v quickly  take the wind out of our sails

How would you have changed it around?

To me it looked like we started wrong....fixed it after around 20 mins or so but had little to offer up front in terms of real threat other than Moura.

I don't see a huge amount we could have changed to be perfectly honest and that is down to personnel available rather than tactics.....Liverpool have improved in every area whilst we (meaning our chairman) have stood still.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

How many times will we see Danny Rose miles out of position this season?

The lad is a liability nowadays.

Defensively, he's been a TOTAL liabilty for the past... well 4 ever.. he almost shows a distan for defending   his lack of  defensive nouce makes him a liabilty in a bac 4    bac 5 his arse is covered . .. bout time poch stopped playing him in it davies = bac 4  rose = bac 5  or get rid of both and buy a decent left bac.. who have i been goin on about for the past season and a half  .. oh yeah .... shaw   looks a terrible call.

Edited by 3 minus 2

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Defensively, he's been a TOTAL liabilty for the past... well 4 ever.. he almost shows a distan for defending   his lack of  defensive nouce makes him a liabiltu in a bac 4    bac 5 his arse is covered . .. bout time poch stopped playing him in it davies = bac 4  rose = bac 5  or get rid of both and buy a decent left bac.. who have i been goin on about for the past season and a half  .. oh yeah .... shaw   looks a terrible call.

That failure cost us time and again and will continue to against pacey sides.

Davies is a better left back all round....Rose doesn't even offer the attacking threat we see in Trippier.

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

How would you have changed it around?

To me it looked like we started wrong....fixed it after around 20 mins or so but had little to offer up front in terms of real threat other than Moura.

I don't see a huge amount we could have changed to be perfectly honest and that is down to personnel available rather than tactics.....Liverpool have improved in every area whilst we (meaning our chairman) have stood still.

Your right liverpool have improved DRAMATICALLY and atm they are just DIFICULT to cope with however given their attack imo we  Should have started witha back 5  with dier and wanyama holdin then opened up later.. but hey were a top 4 team.. should we allow team s to make us change to suit? .. any way  whats done is done

Edited by 3 minus 2

4 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Your right liverpool have improved DRAMATICALLY and atm they are just DIFICULT to cope with however given their attack imo we  Should have started witha back 5  with deir and wanyama holdin then opened up later.. but hey were a top 4 team.. should we allow team s to make us change to suit? .. any way  whats done is done

I thought our winning of the ball in midfield was a positive but giving the ball away so cheaply with high balls to Kane with no one running on to the knock downs is pointless.

Gave it away too cheaply and failed to cause problems for their defence is the issue and one we need to address quickly be it with our current squad or investing in better players.

Would Delli Alli or Son earlier in the game have made a difference? Certainly Dier/Son to start might have.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

I thought our winning of the ball in midfield was a positive but giving the ball away so cheaply with high balls to Kane with no one running on to the knock downs is pointless.

Gave it away too cheaply and failed to cause problems for their defence is the issue and one we need to address quickly be it with our current squad or investing in better players.

Would Delli Alli or Son earlier in the game have made a difference? Certainly Dier/Son to start might have.

Maybe this is the way it's gotta be until January.  Might get the board to back the team with a bit of cash. 50m. Worth dreaming about. 3 wins and 2 losses. That type of return will might get Thursday night footy back where it belongs.