Tottenham Thread

chonabot

57 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

He s a TROLL  he just looks  at peoples posts to find  something to disagree with .. He's nothing else

but boring   EVERYONE has diferences of opinions but with him it seems to be the priority.

Pot kettle black.....Says you posting on another teams thread how you would love it if they got relegated. 

THINK  before you call OTHER people trolls if I were you. 

Edited by Kadilo

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

A crisis is 2 pts after 8 games.

We remember what a crisis is don't worry. ?

What we have here is a drama queen flouncing around our thread.

No son you are comparing your teams consistently bad form for the last 40 years versus consistently good results over the last 4. Your not stepping up to the plate and accepting that you are now a top team and what you have happening right now is a crisis compared to the last 4 years of results. 

Never lost 3 on the bounce with Poch

Kane never looked so unfit

No new impetus barring moura and sicknote the 2nd.

Manager started going lala during interviews 

Captain fantastic turned into captain Morgan 

Quite a few non-Spurs posters including me have been saying for some time how poor Kane has been in recent months, including the world cup, and how tired he looks. Spurs posters refuse to accept this. So i thought I'd post an extract from today's Guardian article 'Tottenham fail to heed clear evidence Harry Kane needs a rest' which sums up Kane currently very well:

"...The striker has run out of puff, and failed to get a shot on target against Inter, but Spurs have no one in reserve...

...What’s eating Harry? Here Kane did at least show some consistent form. He was invisible again, registering zero shots and touching the ball 25 times in total. This happens with centre-forwards. When Mauro Icardi scored his brilliant volleyed equaliser in the 85th minute it was his 15th touch and his first shot on target.

The problem is movement not touches – and whether Kane is tired or not, he does not move like he used to. At times he seems to have become a venerable, late-model Alan Shearer seven years ahead of schedule, a player who wants the ball with his back to goal constantly where once he was a blur of bruising half-turns and runs down the channels.

At San Siro he spent the first half basically following a straight line from centre circle to penalty box, wearing the grass thin, like a slow medium trundler reeling off 15 overs in a day. This was not high-energy world-class centre-forward play. It was a game of crown green bowls. It was going for a walk...

...Eriksen had not scored a goal for Spurs since 14 April. He has also played 113 games in the past two seasons, which is 13 more than Kane.

From here the suggestion Kane is simply tired will continue to float around, an object of mockery, even outrage for some. But why shouldn’t he be? And why shouldn’t that then have a disastrous effect on the team he leads?

Kane’s game is based on bumping and scragging and running his direct opponent into the ground. He plays every game, and plays the whole 90 minutes of full-contact football. Human beings are not designed to do this constantly.

Of course he is tired. He needs a month away and without injury to recharge and train and free up some RAM in his brain. He won’t get it.

Kane came off before the end with the score 1-1. His replacement, tellingly, was Danny Rose, a left-back. Want to know why he is tired? Ask Vincent Janssen and Fernando Llorente.

The fact is Spurs have relied on their No 10, have taken everything he has been willing to give for the last three years, have built a new stadium while his goals have powered them back into theChampions League with no other serviceable striker at the club...

...A key asset has been sweated by senior management. Little wonder right now, it looks in need of a little care; and that the structure behind it should start to suffer too..."

34 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A crisis is 2 pts after 8 games.

We remember what a crisis is don't worry. ?

What we have here is a drama queen flouncing around our thread.

Yeah.. he's not a drama queen he's a boring troll.. how many posts today has he made on 'our' thread seemingly with the SOLE intent of 'provoking' an arguement.. everyone is entitled to occasional diference and the right to speak their mind but when it's nearly EVERY  POST   then IMO it becomes an issue that needs addressing..

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah.. he's not a drama queen he's a boring troll.. how many posts today has he made on 'our' thread seemingly with the SOLE intent of 'provoking' an arguement.. everyone is entitled to occasional diference and the right to speak their mind but when it's nearly EVERY  POST   then IMO it becomes an issue that needs addressing..

Is this the Exeter thread then?

Mate yeah you couldn't address an envelope so pipe down. 

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Quite a few non-Spurs posters including me have been saying for some time how poor Kane has been in recent months, including the world cup, and how tired he looks. Spurs posters refuse to accept this. So i thought I'd post an extract from today's Guardian article 'Tottenham fail to heed clear evidence Harry Kane needs a rest' which sums up Kane currently very well:

"...The striker has run out of puff, and failed to get a shot on target against Inter, but Spurs have no one in reserve...

...What’s eating Harry? Here Kane did at least show some consistent form. He was invisible again, registering zero shots and touching the ball 25 times in total. This happens with centre-forwards. When Mauro Icardi scored his brilliant volleyed equaliser in the 85th minute it was his 15th touch and his first shot on target.

The problem is movement not touches – and whether Kane is tired or not, he does not move like he used to. At times he seems to have become a venerable, late-model Alan Shearer seven years ahead of schedule, a player who wants the ball with his back to goal constantly where once he was a blur of bruising half-turns and runs down the channels.

At San Siro he spent the first half basically following a straight line from centre circle to penalty box, wearing the grass thin, like a slow medium trundler reeling off 15 overs in a day. This was not high-energy world-class centre-forward play. It was a game of crown green bowls. It was going for a walk...

...Eriksen had not scored a goal for Spurs since 14 April. He has also played 113 games in the past two seasons, which is 13 more than Kane.

From here the suggestion Kane is simply tired will continue to float around, an object of mockery, even outrage for some. But why shouldn’t he be? And why shouldn’t that then have a disastrous effect on the team he leads?

Kane’s game is based on bumping and scragging and running his direct opponent into the ground. He plays every game, and plays the whole 90 minutes of full-contact football. Human beings are not designed to do this constantly.

Of course he is tired. He needs a month away and without injury to recharge and train and free up some RAM in his brain. He won’t get it.

Kane came off before the end with the score 1-1. His replacement, tellingly, was Danny Rose, a left-back. Want to know why he is tired? Ask Vincent Janssen and Fernando Llorente.

The fact is Spurs have relied on their No 10, have taken everything he has been willing to give for the last three years, have built a new stadium while his goals have powered them back into theChampions League with no other serviceable striker at the club...

...A key asset has been sweated by senior management. Little wonder right now, it looks in need of a little care; and that the structure behind it should start to suffer too..."

The exception being Ronnie the rest of them go all quiet and too scared to face up to some truths. 

We went to. one of the premier stads in europe  and TOTALLY DOMINATED  the game for 85 mins  hardly a crisis and lost  to the momentom post  an unstoppable crowd lifting moral boosting  equaliser. again  It's hardly a crisis.. I HONESTLY cant .see any diference in kane this season and last all i'm seeing is an unsettled frontline that once EVERYONE is settled ie son's properly settled   from his  asian excursion Ali PROPERLY getting over his injury..lamella getting match fit after his HUMONGOUS lay of then all will be well.. tbh i'm more concerned with our wing bacs.. than i am with our form or atack.. it's in place and WILL come good.

12 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

The exception being Ronnie the rest of them go all quiet and too scared to face up to some truths. 

Again unwittingly  you prove my point  you  come bac looking for more confrontion  and there lies the reason no one engages with you it's  your just  a boring troll.

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

Again unwittingly  you prove my point  you  come bac looking for more confrontion  and there lies the reason no one engages with you it's  your just  a boring troll.

Stevie wonder of football you are pal. You cannot see it? Where's dumber today then. I thought there was a touch of tourettes about your name before, then you messed up that quiz more times than a cows seen a train whizz by and now you can't see your start striker is completely out of sorts and you claim to be watching the games? You playing fifa or something?

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Stevie wonder of football you are pal. You cannot see it? Where's dumber today then. I thought there was a touch of tourettes about your name before, then you messed up that quiz more times than a cows seen a train whizz by and now you can't see your start striker is completely out of sorts and you claim to be watching the games? You playing fifa or something?

I rest my case.. your nothing but a boring  TROLL.. 

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

No son you are comparing your teams consistently bad form for the last 40 years versus consistently good results over the last 4. Your not stepping up to the plate and accepting that you are now a top team and what you have happening right now is a crisis compared to the last 4 years of results. 

Never lost 3 on the bounce with Poch

Kane never looked so unfit

No new impetus barring moura and sicknote the 2nd.

Manager started going lala during interviews 

Captain fantastic turned into captain Morgan 

I don't see it that way.

We've lost a game at Watford through bad tactics for sure but the loss to Liverpool was to a team which at this point is probably the best in England.

Last night we didn't take our chances and got punished....first through an Icardi screamer which was a phenomenal strike then arguably made a poor decision taking Kane off before their second.

We're not playing bad football at all right now....if we were I'd be worried.

Wins will come....starting this weekend for sure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Don't understand this post at all.

I'm not entirely sure of the details but the commentators i listened to were  banging on about milan being short of  blah blah de blah, due to them havin financial far play sanctions against them 

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I'm not entirely sure of the details but the commentators i listened to were  banging on about milan being short of  blah blah de blah, due to them havin financial far play sanctions against them 

Right but what's the blah de blah?

Enjoying this City game I must say....very amusing indeed!

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

What I know is if you lose at Brighton that's a full blown crisis and you can disagree until the cows come home but a 4th loss in a row means the time is crisis o clock

Even though we've made our second best league start since Pochettino took over!!!!! ?

i wish you'd joined this forum earlier you are a gift that is clearly going to give and keep on giving!!!

Oh, 2nd best league start and we've already played 2 of last seasons top 6. ?

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

What I know is if you lose at Brighton that's a full blown crisis and you can disagree until the cows come home but a 4th loss in a row means the time is crisis o clock

You ain't a very good troll and when it doesn't go we'll its a case of "teacher teacher, he's always baiting me!"   ?  

Just remember, 2nd best league start under Poch and already played Liverpool and United.

Kinda makes your crisis talk look a bit limp.......

On 9/19/2018 at 2:25 AM, balo said:

Not a good 2nd half , how is it possible to look like a team in control of the game and suddenly there's no energy , no pressure ? No wonder Inter came back, although their first goal was impressive.   

And Harry Kane , should have scored , if he could just control the ball . 

I don't know , Barcelona next .  Crisis ?  

So let me get this right, losing to Barcelona, Liverpool and Inter Milan constitutes a crisis now does it!!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, carmine said:

So let me get this right, losing to Barcelona, Liverpool and Inter Milan constitutes a crisis now does it!!!!

Yes carms but with Poch spending 200m quid in the summer we really should be expecting to beat Barca easily shouldn't we!!

R2D2 has been on a personal campaign about Spurs crisis and avocados, while several of us have been on about Harry Kane's long-term lack of form - all of which the Spurs posters either seek to ignore or disagree with.

Renowned football journalist Guillem Balague has written a very interesting article about Poch’s mini-crisis, Kane's lack of form, etc.

Here’s a few extracts for you to consider.

Guillem Balague column: What is Mauricio Pochettino doing to ride Spurs storm?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45589555 

• But all in all, it could prove to be a long and arduous campaign for Spurs and a top-four finish will be nothing less than a miracle.

• Any other manager would probably have left already, and I know there are other bosses out there who have asked Pochettino why he is still there.

• It feels this season, like no other before it, will be a reality check and tangible evidence of just how far above their weight this Tottenham Hotspur side have punched up until now.

• The victory at Manchester United that had much of the media singing the praises of Pochettino's Spurs was always taken with a very large pinch of salt by the coach himself - as indeed he takes most positive results….He, more than anyone, knew that the Manchester United game flattered his side and he saw potential problems that became even more evident against Watford six days later.

• Pochettino was the early favourite to replace Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid earlier this summer The day before Pochettino and I presented the Spanish version of Brave New World - the book about his time at Spurs that we worked on for a year and a half - Zinedine Zidane resigned as Real Madrid manager. Pochettino was the Spanish club's first-choice replacement, but that relied on Real president Florentino Perez being able to convince Spurs chairman Daniel Levy to let him go. And it would need Pochettino to agree. Twenty-four hours later Real Madrid, convinced Levy was not going to negotiate, decided to opt for Julen Lopetegui.

• According to agents who know the market extremely well, there was only one offer for Mousa Dembele (from Inter) and he decided not to go, and also there were no takers for Alderweireld or Danny Rose, who wanted to play for teams of the same level or superior to Spurs. The lack of a renewed energy in the form of new faces, coupled with injuries this season to the likes of Hugo Lloris and Dele Alli, hasn't helped either, and it is worth noting that half of the starting XI arrived just four days before the start of the new campaign.

• Harry Kane has had fewer shots on target than Huddersfield's Steve Mounie and fewer touches than Fulham's Joe Bryan in the Premier League this season. Southampton's Danny Ings has scored more goals…He hasn't rested anything like enough to retain his sharpness. And do not forget he has a newborn baby! You need five weeks off in the summer at least and four of them dedicated to starting training - even at home on your own - a kind of pre, pre-season training. All Kane had was 20 days. So did other players who went far at the World Cup in Russia and many of those have also suffered accordingly. I'm talking about the likes of Luka Modric, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann and more. But there is a fundamental difference. They are players in teams surrounded by top stars who hide any difficulties, any signs they might be suffering as they gradually re-establish their form and recharge their batteries. They need less effort to win games, while at Spurs the effort is massive simply because the level of talent is lower.

• Eventually you begin to wonder if actually Spurs are more of a perception than a reality. Are they as good as people have made them out to be? Because if they are, then we are now at the stage where we should be seeing more evidence of their prowess.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2 has been on a personal campaign about Spurs crisis and avocados, while several of us have been on about Harry Kane's long-term lack of form - all of which the Spurs posters either seek to ignore or disagree with.

Renowned football journalist Guillem Balague has written a very interesting article about Poch’s mini-crisis, Kane's lack of form, etc.

Here’s a few extracts for you to consider.

Guillem Balague column: What is Mauricio Pochettino doing to ride Spurs storm?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45589555 

• But all in all, it could prove to be a long and arduous campaign for Spurs and a top-four finish will be nothing less than a miracle.

• Any other manager would probably have left already, and I know there are other bosses out there who have asked Pochettino why he is still there.

• It feels this season, like no other before it, will be a reality check and tangible evidence of just how far above their weight this Tottenham Hotspur side have punched up until now.

• The victory at Manchester United that had much of the media singing the praises of Pochettino's Spurs was always taken with a very large pinch of salt by the coach himself - as indeed he takes most positive results….He, more than anyone, knew that the Manchester United game flattered his side and he saw potential problems that became even more evident against Watford six days later.

• Pochettino was the early favourite to replace Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid earlier this summer The day before Pochettino and I presented the Spanish version of Brave New World - the book about his time at Spurs that we worked on for a year and a half - Zinedine Zidane resigned as Real Madrid manager. Pochettino was the Spanish club's first-choice replacement, but that relied on Real president Florentino Perez being able to convince Spurs chairman Daniel Levy to let him go. And it would need Pochettino to agree. Twenty-four hours later Real Madrid, convinced Levy was not going to negotiate, decided to opt for Julen Lopetegui.

• According to agents who know the market extremely well, there was only one offer for Mousa Dembele (from Inter) and he decided not to go, and also there were no takers for Alderweireld or Danny Rose, who wanted to play for teams of the same level or superior to Spurs. The lack of a renewed energy in the form of new faces, coupled with injuries this season to the likes of Hugo Lloris and Dele Alli, hasn't helped either, and it is worth noting that half of the starting XI arrived just four days before the start of the new campaign.

• Harry Kane has had fewer shots on target than Huddersfield's Steve Mounie and fewer touches than Fulham's Joe Bryan in the Premier League this season. Southampton's Danny Ings has scored more goals…He hasn't rested anything like enough to retain his sharpness. And do not forget he has a newborn baby! You need five weeks off in the summer at least and four of them dedicated to starting training - even at home on your own - a kind of pre, pre-season training. All Kane had was 20 days. So did other players who went far at the World Cup in Russia and many of those have also suffered accordingly. I'm talking about the likes of Luka Modric, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann and more. But there is a fundamental difference. They are players in teams surrounded by top stars who hide any difficulties, any signs they might be suffering as they gradually re-establish their form and recharge their batteries. They need less effort to win games, while at Spurs the effort is massive simply because the level of talent is lower.

• Eventually you begin to wonder if actually Spurs are more of a perception than a reality. Are they as good as people have made them out to be? Because if they are, then we are now at the stage where we should be seeing more evidence of their prowess.

I read that article too. One stat I found hard to believe was Spurs have had only 11 shots on target in the recent 3 defeats,  with Kane having only one. They had 11shots alone on their 3-1 win over Fulham in August. Albeit they have played some top teams. 

No doubt the whole World Cup thing has affected some teams a great deal more than others and I think Spurs are one of the biggest victims for obvious reasons. Couple that with “the only team in the Europe’s top 5 leagues not to sign a player”and you’ve got a tired squad stretched to the limit.

One could argue you are seeing a similar if less effect at City. 

17 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I read that article too. One stat I found hard to believe was Spurs have had only 11 shots on target in the recent 3 defeats,  with Kane having only one. They had 11shots alone on their 3-1 win over Fulham in August. Albeit they have played some top teams. 

No doubt the whole World Cup thing has affected some teams a great deal more than others and I think Spurs are one of the biggest victims for obvious reasons. Couple that with “the only team in the Europe’s top 5 leagues not to sign a player”and you’ve got a tired squad stretched to the limit.

One could argue you are seeing a similar if less effect at City. 

I agree with you that you could see "a similar if less efect at City" and i have been stating as such on the City thread; with the exception of 1 or 2 players, all City's players are not back to last season's level. Spurs posters don't see willing and able to accept such comments  about Spurs though.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino:"You know what is going to happen when we don't win games, the first responsible is me.

"I am going to stick with the club, I am not going to criticise the club.

"All the decisions are our decisions and of course we are always with the club until the end. Maybe still here in five years or maybe in one week we are not here, but I will always talk well about the club and help them to achieve all they want."

In a nutshell

there is a little he could say but he won't say.

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45609455

intersting comment from Poch about tiredness of the players on today’s back pages. Seems he doesn’t attribute it so much as others. 

Don't seem to be effecting Eden Hazard, he's in magnificent form, and gets lumps kicked out of him every time he plays

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Don't seem to be effecting Eden Hazard, he's in magnificent form, and gets lumps kicked out of him every time he plays

Strange he’s named Trippier and Rose and asking to come off as run out of gas, Trippier maybe but Rose.??

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Hazard begged out of Chelsea's Europa League match Thursday citing fatigue.

True, but it doesn't appear to have effected his performances the same as it has appeared others.

And probably an opportune time to rest him anyway.