Tottenham Thread

chonabot

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This aside look how encouraging it must be for our other young players to know the way into the 1st team is open and all they have to do is show the commitment and drive to get there.

Unlike some other top six clubs I won't mention. :laugh:

Skipp is the complete opposite to that stupid little idiot Marcus Edwards. What a waste.  Skipp is already a model pro at 17yo.

We nicked Foyth from the clutches of PSG.  Obviously but his development over a fast buck.

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well whilst we've been talking about Oliver Skipp he's been selected in the squad for tonights late on up at Wolves.  I really think Poch should give him thirty minutes if its at all possible.  Whats he really gaining sitting on the bench and he trains with the first team already.

tht would make sense suppose it'll all depend on how the game pans out winning he'll prob get time  losing and chasing th game maybe not 

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This aside look how encouraging it must be for our other young players to know the way into the 1st team is open and all they have to do is show the commitment and drive to get there.

Well its a difficult one. Thats why Pogba left, that why the very talented lad left to go to Dortmund, but in fairness to City, look at their midfield strength already, the young lad was better off playing somewhere.  Incidentally, Its awful quiet on a certain thread this morning!!!  Think they are waiting for any potential good news regards the nefarious workings of their clubs finances!!????

The D Day landings were a better kept secret than their financials!!!

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

just a thought alfie  making the best use of what we've got, as imo we'll be lucky  to  get anyone thats gonna slip in  to the team instantly and in the last game maybe you didnt notice but  wanyama was playing predom' on the lhs and when he plays with dier he plays lhs so maybe droppin bac ,, could work for him and us he aint exactly blessed with pace or a consistent game changer at the other end of the park  ,, but hey just  athought and we all see the game in  diferent ways 

I just don't get why would you suggest a right footed mid player who you now say is not blessed with pace and injured at left centre back when we have 4 right footed centre halves who can play there ? and even if he wasn't injured it's not like we are overmanned in Midfield.

KADILO: "This is is a football forum to discuss football related matters not to promote other agendas. "

Well said sir, you are 100% correct.

So how about everybody tries to moderate this forum and we keep out the unwelcome politics, racism, etc, whether that's the recent goings on in the Uk Alfie has mentioned (i prefer notto give a mention), calling jewish or arabs, or the politics of UAE - UNWELCOME!

27 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Got me wondering which team you're  taking a shot at? Can't be City. We had Foden, Diaz and Muric starting midweek with Gomes given his debut. The 3 mentioned are usually  part of the matchday squad with Foden now regularly in the team.

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

KADILO: "This is is a football forum to discuss football related matters not to promote other agendas. "

So how about everybody tries to moderate this forum and we keep out the unwelcome politics, racism, etc, whether that's the recent goings on in the Uk Alfie has mentioned (i prefer notto give a mention), calling jewish or arabs, or the politics of UAE - UNWELCOME!

The theme of the day is "overvalued sponsorship contracts".

Please stay on topic!!

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Got me wondering which team you're  taking a shot at? Can't be City. We had Foden, Diaz and Muric starting midweek with Gomes given his debut. The 3 mentioned are usually  part of the matchday squad with Foden now regularly in the team.

Pretty much all of them....of the top six only we have a long drip of players coming into and becoming 1st team regulars.....but yes some shoots of hope for City more than the others I will agree.

29 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well its a difficult one. Thats why Pogba left, that why the very talented lad left to go to Dortmund, but in fairness to City, look at their midfield strength already, the young lad was better off playing somewhere.  Incidentally, Its awful quiet on a certain thread this morning!!!  Think they are waiting for any potential good news regards the nefarious workings of their clubs finances!!????

The D Day landings were a better kept secret than their financials!!!

This one is the ticking timebomb!!

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This one is the ticking timebomb!!

Infantino is probably in so deep with Qatar and Adu Dhabi he'll never come clean even though his collision is obvious. Until these files were released it was clear they were being given a pass but not by who.  How much did he benefitted to give them a swerve?

Depressing in general for the game because it shows FIFA is just as bad as it was.  Just a reshuffle of personnel.

Have you seen the BIG news today. About the 'European Super League’ plan for 2021. It will include Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City, who would be joined by Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain and Milan as founding members with a further five clubs – Atlético Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Marseille, Internazionale and Roma – appearing as “initial guests”. According to Der Spiegel, the 11 founding teams could not be relegated and would be part of the league for the first 20 years. The date by which the 16 clubs are to sign the “binding term sheet” is listed as November 2018.

Don't see Spurs being included. You were once one of the 'Big 5' with Arsenal Everton ManU and Liverpool who instigated the Premier League breakaway for your own greed. Seems youve been left behind now.

I hope this Super League doesn't come off cause it stinks.

I hope for your sake it doesn't as you would never get in to it and youd drop even further back. We all want a level playing field, right.

RONNIE: "Pretty much all of them....of the top six only we have a long drip of players coming into and becoming 1st team regulars.....but yes some shoots of hope for City more than the others I will agree."

Sorry but ive got to do an Alfie on you and ask you to prove your statement. Who are all the players coming through this season at Spurs vs all the players coming through at each of the other top 6 clubs, just so we know if you're talking <deleted> or not.

Over to you Ronnie.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Really doesn't look very professional allowing ourselves to be in that situation, 4 right footed, one left.  were you including out on loan Carter-Vickers or adding Dier?

Dier, but on the left sided CB issue we facked up by not replacing Wimmer with a youngster who would have been ready by now unless he see's Davies as that player.

Never the less having only 2 left backs and 1 left centre back is not idea taking into account we have 3 right backs and 4 right centre halves.

RONNIE: "Pretty much all of them....of the top six only we have a long drip of players coming into and becoming 1st team regulars.....but yes some shoots of hope for City more than the others I will agree."

Sorry but ive got to do an Alfie on you and ask you to prove your statement. Who are all the players coming through this season at Spurs vs all the players coming through at each of the other top 6 clubs, just so we know if you're talking <deleted> or not.

Over to you Ronnie.

Let's start with Kane, Winks and Skippy.

Show me another top six club with homegrown players of this calibre AND as I said continuing to bring them into the 1st team....and yes that's why I included Skippy.

39 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Have to laugh, after all this time BB is still clutching at straws when it comes to City playing youngsters.

And for your info Foden is not regularly in the team ???? he is yet to start a Premier League or Champions League game, came on in 4 games out of 10 for a total of 47 mins, came on in 1 out 3 games in the CL for a total of 3 mins, crikey i hope his craps are more regular. Ok he started 2 League Cup games but who doesn't ? 

I suppose i miss all his baloney due to having him on ignore. 

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Show me another top six club with homegrown players of this calibre AND as I said continuing to bring them into the 1st team....and yes that's why I included Skippy.

And Luke Amos until he did his cruciate!  And three others that have been on the bench but not played.

Why are you bothering to discuss this with someone that won't accept rationale regardless?  Just like when i was trying to tell them their owner are no good crooks cheating the system.  Well now they know that too but it took a hack to do it.

36 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Over to you Ronnie.

Well breds you haven't had 1 academy player start a game in either of the PL or Cl and as already mentioned Foden is the only academy player to come on for a total of 50 mins.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Easy just use the report option.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Isn't  that what i asked YOU to do?

I hate people posting unsubstantiated comments as you did. So ive asked YOU to do the comparison  so we know you're not posting nonsense.

Over to YOU again  Ronnie.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Have to laugh, after all this time BB is still clutching at straws when it comes to City playing youngsters.

And for your info Foden is not regularly in the team ???? he is yet to start a Premier League or Champions League game, came on in 4 games out of 10 for a total of 47 mins, came on in 1 out 3 games in the CL for a total of 3 mins, crikey i hope his craps are more regular. Ok he started 2 League Cup games but who doesn't ? 

You are WRONG!

On 6 December 2017, Foden set a record for the youngest English player (17 years, 192 days) to start in a Champions League match against Shakhtar Donetsk ????

Same old Alfie!

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Well breds you haven't had 1 academy player start a game in either of the PL or Cl and as already mentioned Foden is the only academy player to come on for a total of 50 mins.

Once again You are WRONG!

On 6 December 2017, Foden set a record for the youngest English player (17 years, 192 days) to start in a Champions League match against Shakhtar Donetsk ????

Poor old Alfie!

Isn't  that what i asked YOU to do?

I hate people posting unsubstantiated comments as you did. So ive asked YOU to do the comparison  so we know you're not posting nonsense.

Over to YOU again  Ronnie.

Bore off BB.

BB

You said,

I replied 

And for your info Foden is not regularly in the team ???? he is yet to start a Premier League or Champions League game, came on in 4 games out of 10 for a total of 47 mins, came on in 1 out 3 games in the CL for a total of 3 mins, crikey i hope his craps are more regular. Ok he started 2 League Cup games but who doesn't ? 

You come back with  

You are WRONG!

Same old Alfie!

What has that got to do with being a regular in the team ? ????

BB

You said to ronnie

So i replied 

Well breds you haven't had 1 academy player start a game in either of the PL or Cl and as already mentioned Foden is the only academy player to come on for a total of 50 mins.

And you post about Foden playing last season ????????

37 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You are WRONG!

On 6 December 2017, Foden set a record for the youngest English player (17 years, 192 days) to start in a Champions League match against Shakhtar Donetsk ????

Same old Alfie!

image.gif.37b6d84039bbb2d7ac6d4a2c78e34a65.gif

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

I just don't get why would you suggest a right footed mid player who you now say is not blessed with pace and injured at left centre back when we have 4 right footed centre halves who can play there ? and even if he wasn't injured it's not like we are overmanned in Midfield.

just thought that cos his supposed other position is a c/b and he used to playin on the lhs  that it could work  as opposed to someone who having  to the swop sides, but  you dont think so fair enuf   as for wimmer, we should defo have replaced him with like 4 like ,, but thought he was truly poor , how the <deleted> levy got 18 mil for him i'll never know.

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bore off BB.

Sorry Ronnie but it's  a pet hate of mine on here people who make 'shoot-from-the-hip' comments that they can't or won't back up. So let's conclude your earlier comment was your opinion but not necessarily factually correct. Let's leave it there.

Archived