Tottenham Thread

chonabot

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm having a hard time trusting that to be honest.

Geezer did not want to buy 1 player whatsoever. Very odd

Different for sure....perhaps bids went in but were rejected....not that much activity this summer after the scousers bought theirs in quick time.

Lesson there for all I think.

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Still a poisoned chalice.

Yeah I’m sure given a choice he would choose United. 

They wouldn’t currently be 8th if he was in charge I’m confident about that, especially if he had spend 400 mil plus on players he wanted and I’m sure those upstairs at United  will know that too. 

Just now, Kadilo said:

According to todays papers Laudrup has turned them down and Martinez is favourite. Depends which rag you pick up. 

I reckon that's BS about Laudrup. Seriously under qualified and martinez I don't think is the type of manager fans will want. Mourinho back to Madrid and Poch to utd is more chance.

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I reckon that's BS about Laudrup. Seriously under qualified and martinez I don't think is the type of manager fans will want. Mourinho back to Madrid and Poch to utd is more chance.

We'll just have to wait and see....but I doubt the Madrid board will let Mou back.

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

i'de say  a bit of bad history somewhere  between carra and neville,

but really its a <deleted> boring conversation now  DULL DULL DULL

unless of coarse your duller or just plain desperate and then i suppose you could see its value..

anyway 2 nite v the spammers , reserve 11 run out i reeckon  get gazza in goal i son  to start wanyama will b a s rusty as <deleted> so he'll need time same goes for rose if fit

https://youtu.be/E4-M9lf3IxY

Not sure how anyone can dismiss this discussion as dull, boring or uninteresting as it encapsulates all the current arguments for and against Spurs.

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Can't believe all this hot air in the past week.

Spurs are a top 6 team with the potential to make top 4. Their performances and results are consistent with a top 6 team with the potential to make top 4. NO STORY HERE. 

Sky Sports struck up the narrative to fill air time. Don't let them set the agenda when there isn't a genuine one. 

The only hot air comes from the usual suspects, non Spurs supporters,  that come on this thread.  

We discuss issues that are quite open, the manager, the performances and occasionally media driven issues.  

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah I’m sure given a choice he would choose United. 

They wouldn’t currently be 8th if he was in charge I’m confident about that, especially if he had spend 400 mil plus on players he wanted and I’m sure those upstairs at United  will know that too. 

Mourinho's yesterdays man, an old dog lacking new tricks.  If Pochettino had been at United these past two seasons they probably would have spent 200m less and been somewhere in the top four.  For the money spent and the quality they have Mourinho doing an absolute shitehouse of a job and probably only has his job because he's still a big name manger.

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We'll just have to wait and see....but I doubt the Madrid board will let Mou back.

The Real Madrid fans hated Mourinho's guts, for his arrogance and treatment of certain stalwart Madrid players.  It would be nothing short of astonishing if Florentino Perez approached him.

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm having a hard time trusting that to be honest.

Geezer did not want to buy 1 player whatsoever. Very odd

Pochettino made a statement saying that he had identified three players he wanted. But, their price became grossly over inflated, too much for us and he said if we didn't get those specific players he would work with what he already.  Not to my knowledge did anyone say he didn't want any new players, merely that he wanted specific players.

So, its not odd at all!

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

There were the rumours re Grealish which Grealish himself seems to have confirmed. 

We were very interested in Grealish apparently until Villa started to ask for silly money for a player unproven at premier league level.

Good win last night.  Top performance by Sonny, Dele was impressive and i think Juan Foyth's performance will confirm that any talk of him leaving is rubbish.  Pochettino's found an absolute gem here.  And for 9m quid.  Strong, quick good movement and still a kid.  Seeing how good he is now and how well the academy has developed him was the best thing about last night.  And fans got another glimpse of Oliver Skip.  I also read it got a bit lively inside the stadium.  lets hope the violent days of the 80's are not creeping back.

Arsenal next in the carabao at the Library.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Good win last night.  Top performance by Sonny, Dele was impressive and i think Juan Foyth's performance will confirm that any talk of him leaving is rubbish.  Pochettino's found an absolute gem here.  And for 9m quid.  Strong, quick good movement and still a kid.  Seeing how good he is now and how well the academy has developed him was the best thing about last night.  And fans got another glimpse of Oliver Skip.  I also read it got a bit lively inside the stadium.  lets hope the violent days of the 80's are not creeping back.

Arsenal next in the carabao at the Library.

Yep always nice to beat the scammers, apparently we have won more games at the London stadium this season than they have.

Nice for some of the youngsters to get a run out, Wanyama to get 90 mins, Son to finally score and all this from a club that has a thin squad ????

20 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Do you honestly believe that the owners actually invested in City to make a profit ? if so it's going to take a hell of a time to get back their investment and any returns, i mean lets face it 10m on an investment of 1.4B isn't great is it ? at 10m per year and looking on the bright side, it will only take 140 years to get back the initial investment ????

I’ve posted once asking you Alfie the following “So if City's owners didn't invest in City to make a profit, why in your opinion did City's owners invest in City?”.

As you haven’t responded I think we have to assume this is another example of you making a statement without any substance!

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Totally agree with you; the David Silva of Spurs.

A few years back Spurs sold Bale for a heap of money but i dont they bought well with it.

For the past 4 seasons say, Spurs have been top 4 but though they may have won it in Leicester's they haven't and don't  look like challenging.

It could be time as Carra says to do as liverpool did, who sold coutinho, invested  wisely in decent players and could be champions this season.

Is it time then for spurs to sell one or two of its assets to invest in 3 or 4 players which will push spurs to make a challenge?

With  the exception  of Eriksen  and Harry, i reckon you could lose 1 or 2 of the  others without  weakening too  much and then invest in 3 or 4 new players or 1 or 2 marquee  players. Alli would fit this scenario nicely.

22 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Do you honestly believe that the owners actually invested in City to make a profit ? if so it's going to take a hell of a time to get back their investment and any returns, i mean lets face it 10m on an investment of 1.4B isn't great is it ? at 10m per year and looking on the bright side, it will only take 140 years to get back the initial investment ????

I'm not going to go into much detail because I've said it all before but it never seems to stick. So I'll keep it simple. Our owner paid about £150m to buy the club and the Chinese paid about £265m for a 17% stake. It's estimated our club is worth over £2bn. For the past 4 years we are posting profits, meaning we are self sustainable. So even if he were to sell us today he'd make a tidy profit and that has been possible through his investment

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Totally agree with you; the David Silva of Spurs.

A few years back Spurs sold Bale for a heap of money but i dont they bought well with it.

For the past 4 seasons say, Spurs have been top 4 but though they may have won it in Leicester's they haven't and don't  look like challenging.

It could be time as Carra says to do as liverpool did, who sold coutinho, invested  wisely in decent players and could be champions this season.

Is it time then for spurs to sell one or two of its assets to invest in 3 or 4 players which will push spurs to make a challenge?

With  the exception  of Eriksen  and Harry, i reckon you could lose 1 or 2 of the  others without  weakening too  much and then invest in 3 or 4 new players or 1 or 2 marquee  players. Alli would fit this scenario nicely.

How much are they paying those new players in wages?

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm not going to go into much detail because I've said it all before but it never seems to stick. So I'll keep it simple. Our owner paid about £150m to buy the club and the Chinese paid about £265m for a 17% stake. It's estimated our club is worth over £2bn. For the past 4 years we are posting profits, meaning we are self sustainable. So even if he were to sell us today he'd make a tidy profit and that has been possible through his investment

The way the game has grown and continues to do so even Abramovich would make a tidy profit.

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The way the game has grown and continues to do so even Abramovich would make a tidy profit.

The difference is that Chelsea owe him money. The money he pumped in is counted as a debt/loan. And Chelsea are worth more because they have invested big time and won things. The investment pushes up their brand value when they win things

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Agreed

along with David Levy and Old Man Joe from the Bahamas both have milked Totts dry (.hence a debt of 637 mil quid to be seviced and climbing)

Some gravy train.

only dirty 

that i have no seat on it

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Just so I'm clear, we aren't allowed to stand up to those who appear to be making light of a Nazi salute?

It was far from a Bickerfest. 

It was a regular poster with far right extremist views posting his disgusting racist filth. 

Im surprised the regular posters on here who genuinely support their side haven’t condemned him and his vile crap as they were on here posting at the same time. Especially as it has been mentioned in a previous post today the appeared increase in football violence and issue at last nights match. 

Are they going do so now?

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

The difference is that Chelsea owe him money. The money he pumped in is counted as a debt/loan. And Chelsea are worth more because they have invested big time and won things. The investment pushes up their brand value when they win things

Yes we know all about their army of plastic fans. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

To be fair and making it simple, if the were to sell for 2B it would be a profit of 566m, if they'd invested the initial investment minus 265m after 7 years at 5% they would be on a profit of 838m. All the profit is obviously on the appreciation of the company, therefore if the company doesn't appreciate anymore it makes you wonder how long the owners will persevere with the company if they continue to make such small profits  (28m in the last 4 years). 

Archived