Tottenham Thread

chonabot

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Indeed that's what a cynic would assume. Fortunately, FFP have trawled through everything thrice and found everything to be nicely above board. So put your mind at rest and move on.

Yes what what wonders FFP has produced in their scrupulous examinations of Paris Saint Germain.  

In fact,  all in all FFP has been really great!!????

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Do you honestly believe that the owners actually invested in City to make a profit ? if so it's going to take a hell of a time to get back their investment and any returns, i mean lets face it 10m on an investment of 1.4B isn't great is it ? 

So if City's owners didn't invest in City to make a profit, why in your opinion did City's owners invest in City?

27 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

It's been a while since i posted any such figs and Bangkok bobs post brought it too my attention.

DqsuEM2X0AABWUe.jpg

Thats a remarkable statistic.  

Ofcourse i could also be talking about Mourinho and United????   And he wants to spend a lot more.  Not quite sure the board and owners would be that convinced he's still the man for the job though.  The figures look thoroughly appalling.

20 minutes ago, carmine said:

Ofcourse i could also be talking about Mourinho and United????   And he wants to spend a lot more.  Not quite sure the board and owners would be that convinced he's still the man for the job though.  The figures look thoroughly appalling.

It's unbelievable isn't it, no wonder we can't win anything !

50 minutes ago, carmine said:

Puts things in perspective with the job he has done. There is no doubting he has over achieved when you look at the number of players and resources he has had. 

Like any ambitious person he will want to test himself at some point at a bigger club to see if he can produce with a bigger budget and better players. 

I wouldnt be surprised if things don’t change dramatically for Poch in January,  Man U will come sniffing at the end of the season. Mourinho will no doubt throw another paddy about not getting another 400mill to spend and the timing may well fit for both managers. 

I hope for Spurs sake he hangs around. Managers of that quality are not easy to come by. 

3 hours ago, carmine said:

welcome back evenstevens.  

yeah who ever but seems just another sad troll

and if poch leaves,, i've NO DOUBTS we'll survive and prosper. levy has been through the learning curve of picking the wrong manager and now he's  picked the right manager enuf times in recent seasons  to convince me he knows EXACTLY what he's doing and  should poch leave we'll get another good man,, NO WORRIES.

The funniest thing i saw today. Carra's head nearly explodes.

Effectively they are both right. Spurs are on a tight budget because of the stadium build (RedNev) - our resident spurs fans continue to deny the obvious; Spurs aren't prepared to spend and prefer to stick than twist (Carra).

But the most interesting comment was RedNev's "Spurs are pathetic" - ouch!

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah who ever but seems just another sad troll

and if poch leaves,, i've NO DOUBTS we'll survive and prosper. levy has been through the learning curve of picking the wrong manager and now he's  picked the right manager enuf times in recent seasons  to convince me he knows EXACTLY what he's doing and  should poch leave we'll get another good man,, NO WORRIES.

Seriously undervaluing the manager there. No manager of his quality would join Spurs under the current circumstances. I honestly think the only way out of this is for Spurs to sell kane to RM for 200m and all proceeds are given to transfers. Maybe that is the dark truth pochetino has mentioned recently.

Would you rather keep the manager or sell your best player and reinvest into 3 or 4 quality players and keep the manager.

Can't believe all this hot air in the past week.

Spurs are a top 6 team with the potential to make top 4. Their performances and results are consistent with a top 6 team with the potential to make top 4. NO STORY HERE. 

Sky Sports struck up the narrative to fill air time. Don't let them set the agenda when there isn't a genuine one. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Seriously undervaluing the manager there. No manager of his quality would join Spurs under the current circumstances. I honestly think the only way out of this is for Spurs to sell kane to RM for 200m and all proceeds are given to transfers. Maybe that is the dark truth pochetino has mentioned recently.

Would you rather keep the manager or sell your best player and reinvest into 3 or 4 quality players and keep the manager.

rc ,, really,, bit bit melodramatic    theres about 85 employed prem /lge managers add those abroad  that would give there r arm to manage the spurs current team add that to a current champs lge place with a brand new stad around the corner THEY'll B QUEING UP.  as for investment, yes or no spurs have been open abouth their finances and you really think  that an experienced business man goes into any project without covering the project going 25 over budget? ,, even i EXPECT that   there will b money to spend and aas for selling kane or alli ,, they'll go when HE/they  want to and 4 sure that aint yet,

i'de say  a bit of bad history somewhere  between carra and neville,

but really its a <deleted> boring conversation now  DULL DULL DULL

unless of coarse your duller or just plain desperate and then i suppose you could see its value..

anyway 2 nite v the spammers , reserve 11 run out i reeckon  get gazza in goal i son  to start wanyama will b a s rusty as <deleted> so he'll need time same goes for rose if fit

2 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

i'de say  a bit of bad history somewhere  between carra and neville,

but really its a <deleted> boring conversation now  DULL DULL DULL

unless of coarse your duller or just plain desperate and then i suppose you could see its value..

anyway 2 nite v the spammers , reserve 11 run out i reeckon  get gazza in goal i son  to start wanyama will b a s rusty as <deleted> so he'll need time same goes for rose if fit

I see Son starting as striker with Eriksen and Alli behind and Moura perhaps.

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

rc ,, really,, bit bit melodramatic    theres about 85 employed prem /lge managers add those abroad  that would give there r arm to manage the spurs current team add that to a current champs lge place with a brand new stad around the corner THEY'll B QUEING UP.  as for investment, yes or no spurs have been open abouth their finances and you really think  that an experienced business man goes into any project without covering the project going 25 over budget? ,, even i EXPECT that   there will b money to spend and aas for selling kane or alli ,, they'll go when HE/they  want to and 4 sure that aint yet,

You do miss the finer details.

Name 2 managers that you think would come in and continue where Poch left and ensure you did as good and could work under the current austerity. 

85 managers????

Again you undervalue your manager. There is maybe 12-15 quality managers worldwide and you currently have 1 and you never had 1 before him. 

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

You do miss the finer details.

Name 2 managers that you think would come in and continue where Poch left and ensure you did as good and could work under the current austerity. 

85 managers????

Again you undervalue your manager. There is maybe 12-15 quality managers worldwide and you currently have 1 and you never had 1 before him. 

Not often we agree but I have to on this occasion....Poch is one of the finest and most positive young managers in the world for sure.

The personnel he is working with now are for the most part very good but we lack a midfeld dimension against the top sides and a killer instinct.

My hope is Moura and Lamela will deliver that this season at the highest level.

Simply....players need to step up another level or be replaced.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The funniest thing i saw today. Carra's head nearly explodes.

Effectively they are both right. Spurs are on a tight budget because of the stadium build (RedNev) - our resident spurs fans continue to deny the obvious; Spurs aren't prepared to spend and prefer to stick than twist (Carra).

But the most interesting comment was RedNev's "Spurs are pathetic" - ouch!

Interesting discussion between the two. Not dull at all. As you say they are not disagreeing about much really. Nev is a business man so he can see why there has been so little spent on players and Carra is seeing it more from the fans perspective where he thinks with a bit more money spent, either on buying players or increasing wages they could push on to the next level. 

As I said earlier Poch has worked miracles with that budget and you could argue they may have plateaued unless more money is invested in January hence why the rumors re Poch are rife. He was clearly disgruntled in the comments he made the other day and I’ve not heard him sound negative like that before so it must be getting to him. The next few months will be key either way. I’m sure deep down he would want to finish the project he has started, but i guess  you can’t keep saying no to big sides who show an interest either. 

Be interesting to know if Neville is right when he says that Poch would of known about the lack of money available when he signed a new contract or he was told different. Poch strikes me as a man of morals who, if lied to or mislead would walk. 

Just now, Kadilo said:

Interesting discussion between the two. Not dull at all. As you say they are not disagreeing about much really. Nev is a business man so he can see why there has been so little spent on players and Carra is seeing it more from the fans perspective where he thinks with a bit more money spent, either on buying players or increasing wages they could push on to the next level. 

As I said earlier Poch has worked miracles with that budget and you could argue they may have plateaued unless more money is invested in January hence why the rumors re Poch are rife. He was clearly disgruntled in the comments he made the other day and I’ve not heard him sound negative like that before so it must be getting to him. The next few months will be key either way. I’m sure deep down he would want to finish the project he has started, but i guess  you can’t keep saying no to big sides who show an interest either. 

Be interesting to know if Neville is right when he says that Poch would of known about the lack of money available when he signed a new contract or he was told different. Poch strikes me as a man of morals who, if lied to or mislead would walk. 

I'm sure Levy promised him something and he cannot deliver. As Neville said in that chat. Before pochetino if Spurs were 2 nil up you'do still fancy beating em 5-2. Soft and spineless prior to pochetino and any fan who thinks they will be fine without is an utter crackpot, same as Bale will fill the void at Madrid, some wild ideas. 

Levy clearly stated in his only interview re the transfer window that money was available but Poch didn't want anyone available and chose to keep the status quo.

If he was telling porkies I'd say Poch would already be speaking to Madrid.

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Levy clearly stated in his only interview re the transfer window that money was available but Poch didn't want anyone available and chose to keep the status quo.

Which makes his comments the other day all a bit strange.

Maybe just having a bad day on the office, happens to us all. 

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm having a hard time trusting that to be honest.

Geezer did not want to buy 1 player whatsoever. Very odd

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yup I'll be happy to see Madrid name their new manager....so long as its not ours!!

According to todays papers Laudrup has turned them down and Martinez is favourite. Depends which rag you pick up. 

Archived