Tottenham Thread

chonabot

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

OK if we play 3 def mid who gets left out from Eriksen Alli and Son?

I'd say Son but I can't see Poch setting up so defensively.

I can ! Son on late if need be. Just like old times.

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As predicted arsenal overcame the locals and set a marker down letting the spuds know they are definitely in the top 4 hunt. Great match which I listened to as where I currently am is 5 mins from the Afc ground. Heard every roar for the goals 

Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie. Sometimes things come back and bite you really hard. Bet your other half is giving you grief ????

(taken from the Liverpool thread to keep on topic)

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

Perspective is a wonderful thing and mine says we will smash the goons tomorrow....on the basis of our team and not a misty love of the club.

We're simply far and away the better side.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, mrbojangles said:

Just gonna quote that before you edit it ????

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:18 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

Nothing to edit there mrboj....it is the truth....Poch is far further along his project than Emery who seems a very good manager but this year he is going to be torn apart

always disapointing to lose a lead, however over the 90 mins i really dont like to say it but arsenal deserved the win , their subs at half time worked/changed the game  and ours ???

times like this when you realise the value of PROPER holdin middies,, but hey no excuses

we lost fair and square

2 hours ago, balo said:

Arsenal were better than us , they wanted more and we could not handle it. Defensive mistakes cost us , now top 4 is wide open. 

Playing a competitive match midweek would not have helped play such an intensive NLD so soon. 

I suppose i have to say it was a good game, but perhaps for the neutrals, certainly not Spurs fans.  Arsenal deserved to win and i think we ran out of steam.  Third big game in seven days clearly took its toll in the second half.

Everybody knows we like to play the ball out from the back but we were not really allowed to do so because we couldn't deal with the Arsenal press. Vertonghen had a mare and Today inexplicably left on the bench!!  Baring in mind our first choice right back is injured, Vertonghen is just back from injury wouldn't it have been better to play Toby with his considerable experience?

Sissoko looked like he's played too much football recently which he probably has and despite clever rotation the second half showed we've just played too much as a team.

Arsenal were better than i thought they would be and certainly fresher. That Torreira looks a terrific player.  I like the football Emery is playing and it appears they too are in the top four fight.  Should be interesting.

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Yeah, Toby not playing was a big surprise. Maybe Levy has a buyer.

There must be a very big reason why you would leave a player like Toby on the bench and select a twenty year old who, despite his obvious talent,  has little experience, especially of games like that.  There sure is a reason!!

26 minutes ago, carmine said:

There must be a very big reason why you would leave a player like Toby on the bench and select a twenty year old who, despite his obvious talent,  has little experience, especially of games like that.  There sure is a reason!!

Toby gave an interview the other day that I saw in The Guardian. He talked a bit about Arsenal not being as big a game for Spurs as once was the case.

Any chance Pochy took offense to the interview ? Doesn't seem like Toby has much elbow room at Spurs without landing in hot water. 

11 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Toby gave an interview the other day that I saw in The Guardian. He talked a bit about Arsenal not being as big a game for Spurs as once was the case.

Any chance Pochy took offense to the interview ? Doesn't seem like Toby has much elbow room at Spurs without landing in hot water. 

It does appear that Juan Foyth is one of Poch's favorites and he does represent the future for us.  Toby has little time left on his contract and isn't getting any younger.  This is what we know but nevertheless, that was a very big game to be leaving him out of.  Seeing him sitting on the bench, fully fit just seemed weird.

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

It does appear that Juan Foyth is one of Poch's favorites and he does represent the future for us.  Toby has little time left on his contract and isn't getting any younger.  This is what we know but nevertheless, that was a very big game to be leaving him out of.  Seeing him sitting on the bench, fully fit just seemed weird.

Not for the first time Toby hasn't started in a big game when he was reportedly fit. A strange saga. I agree about Foyth being the future, but as someone once said, "The future is now".

5 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Not for the first time Toby hasn't started in a big game when he was reportedly fit. A strange saga. I agree about Foyth being the future, but as someone once said, "The future is now".

Yes, it's strange.  i do wish we would field our strongest available sides then we might have a greater chance of winning silverware!!  The irony is that Vertonghen had the worst game i've seen him play in a long time.  

13 minutes ago, jellydog said:

The future is garlic bread.

if any Spurs fans are unsure of how far we have come under Pochettino then look back at the over reaction from Arsenal fans to their win.  They used to take beating us as a given, now they celebrate it like its a cup final.

47 minutes ago, carmine said:

if any Spurs fans are unsure of how far we have come under Pochettino then look back at the over reaction from Arsenal fans to their win.  They used to take beating us as a given, now they celebrate it like its a cup final.

That and post-Wenger euphoria.

Archived