Tottenham Thread

chonabot

43 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Sissoko riding his luck but no card and smashing those chavs to bits....he's growing on me here.

He looks like he should be a back rower, that's a position in Rugby if you aren't familiar ????

Reminds me of Sakho, foookin' shitee with the odd moment or good game.

Smashed those chav <deleted> today though, they were terrible and the Spurs boys grab it by the bollockz

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

He looks like he should be a back rower, that's a position in Rugby if you aren't familiar ????

Reminds me of Sakho, foookin' shitee with the odd moment or good game.

Smashed those chav <deleted> today though, they were terrible and the Spurs boys grab it by the bollockz

Yes Sissoko gave them nothing today and I thought he had a great game....what about Son....just magic and we're sending Kane for shooting practice after that miss lol.

great win, and big up poch his shouts were bang on the money   son was mom but  thought sissoko  was excellent as was our right bac  have to say that was the WORST chav's performance i've seen  since we did them at the bridge 30 ? ish yrs ago  next up milan ,, NO WORRIES

Son was man of the match today his goal should be contender 

for goal of the season, he should have got 2 more in the first half.

Dele & Kane were also immense and should have scored a

brace each.

The scoreline could have been embarrassing for the chavs,

they should count themselves lucky today. 

8 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Son was man of the match today his goal should be contender 

for goal of the season, he should have got 2 more in the first half.

Dele & Kane were also immense and should have scored a

brace each.

The scoreline could have been embarrassing for the chavs,

they should count themselves lucky today. 

I thought at times we looked like scoring ten.

Morning lads.

Good win on saturday, our best performance for some time.

I think most Spurs fans, myself included have to hold our hands up on seeing this current form from Sissoko.  its appears that only Pochettino and 3minus2 saw it in him?  I know they gave Son MOM but i'd have given it to Sissoko.  Son missed at three excellent chances and should have had a hat trick.

Lets not get carried away though.  They should have had a penalty.  Only the refs positioning meant he missed the contact by Foyth on Hazard i think it was.  Mind you, nice dive by Hazard a little later!!  Thats my view anyway.  However, Kane "was" fouled to gain the free kick for Dele's goal, despite Chelsea fans' protestations.  

The most impressive thing for me was winning it so well even though our first choice back four (bar Toby) out injured.  This proves we have greater depth than many thought.  

My biggest concern is the amount of chances missed, it should have been six or seven.  Goal difference might be important come the end of the season.

My greatest surprise;  even though it was a magnificent performance, we actually got some praise from those bellend Match of the Day pundits, and they even managed to refrain from finishing with a "but how long can it last" jibe!  Wonders never cease.  

Regards Sarri's Chelsea....why is the defensive midfielder being played wide?  Is he trying to turn him into a box to box midfielder?  One thing for sure is if you want to stifle Chelsea you get pressing high up on Jorginho and cut his supply to the likes of Kovacic.  Everton did it, we did it.  And did you notice how slow some of their players are!!!  And there was David Luiz!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well I'm not apologising yet as I'd like to see some consistency first.

He did have a fine game yet so did Delle Alli.

Oh for sure, one swallow doesn't make a summer but right now i'd start him in the central midfield role.  

I also loved the way he clattered Kovacic.

if you want an amusing take on the Chelsea game read Keith's post on the chav thread.  You would think that Spurs were a complete irrelevance to the fixture.  By his own admission he's not a football fan but he does have a unique take on a game that Chelsea should have gotten hammered about 7-1!!

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Oh for sure, one swallow doesn't make a summer but right now i'd start him in the central midfield role.  

I also loved the way he clattered Kovacic.

if you want an amusing take on the Chelsea game read Keith's post on the chav thread.  You would think that Spurs were a complete irrelevance to the fixture.  By his own admission he's not a football fan but he does have a unique take on a game that Chelsea should have gotten hammered about 7-1!!

Yes I read that carms....I chuckled at all of it but particularly the part where he alluded it was down to the match officials....he is hilariously deluded.

On 11/26/2018 at 1:28 AM, carmine said:

Morning lads.

Good win on saturday, our best performance for some time.

I think most Spurs fans, myself included have to hold our hands up on seeing this current form from Sissoko.  its appears that only Pochettino and 3minus2 saw it in him?  I know they gave Son MOM but i'd have given it to Sissoko.  Son missed at three excellent chances and should have had a hat trick.

Lets not get carried away though.  They should have had a penalty.  Only the refs positioning meant he missed the contact by Foyth on Hazard i think it was.  Mind you, nice dive by Hazard a little later!!  Thats my view anyway.  However, Kane "was" fouled to gain the free kick for Dele's goal, despite Chelsea fans' protestations.  

The most impressive thing for me was winning it so well even though our first choice back four (bar Toby) out injured.  This proves we have greater depth than many thought.  

My biggest concern is the amount of chances missed, it should have been six or seven.  Goal difference might be important come the end of the season.

My greatest surprise;  even though it was a magnificent performance, we actually got some praise from those bellend Match of the Day pundits, and they even managed to refrain from finishing with a "but how long can it last" jibe!  Wonders never cease.  

Regards Sarri's Chelsea....why is the defensive midfielder being played wide?  Is he trying to turn him into a box to box midfielder?  One thing for sure is if you want to stifle Chelsea you get pressing high up on Jorginho and cut his supply to the likes of Kovacic.  Everton did it, we did it.  And did you notice how slow some of their players are!!!  And there was David Luiz!!!!!!!!

not playing the fit again verity  HUGE statement imo,, heard foyth apparently was mom for argentina during int break  last week

Paul Ince apparently thinks that Sol Campbell could one day manage Spurs!!  The most reviled player in our clubs history that is unable the turn up to watch a game......

There really is no end to the stupidity of Paul "bottle job" Ince.

12 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

not playing the fit again verity  HUGE statement imo,, heard foyth apparently was mom for argentina during int break  last week

Not too sure about that.  Yes, he's getting on but i wonder if Poch only wanted him as a back up especially baring in mind he's our only left sided center back.  Toby fills in on that side extremely well too.  When Sanchez is fit Foyth will take a rest with us knowing we have genuine quality back up.  Just no naturally left sided back up, which kind of increases Vertonghen's value to the defense.  I'd stake my salary he'll be starting in the NLD next sunday.

16 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yes, a statement that ses " i have to save Vertonghen for the CL game in midweek as we only have one other senior CB" and in case your implying that Verts won't be back in the team at the expense of Foyth then you must have missed Verts being our best CB for the last couple of seasons plus being our only left footed centre half :1zgarz5:

17 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Yes, a statement that ses " i have to save Vertonghen for the CL game in midweek as we only have one other senior CB" and in case your implying that Verts won't be back in the team at the expense of Foyth then you must have missed Verts being our best CB for the last couple of seasons plus being our only left footed centre half :1zgarz5:

Yes Poch has already said in an interview this week that Foyth is going to find it very difficult to get 1st team opportunities as he is 4th in line and with 3 very good players ahead of him in the pecking order.

Verts and Toby are our strongest pairing and playing tonight....happy days indeed.

If one of them gets injured Dier will have to deputise.....oversight there in the registrations!!

With Toby likely to be leaving at the end of this season, and Verts coming to the later stages of his playing career, sooner or later we will need to replace both of them.

Foyth & Sanchez are in the squad for replacing Toby for the right sided CB position.

As for the left side I'd like to see us go in for Nathan A'ke of Bournmouth, at 23yrs he'll be a good replacement for Verts

and can also play left back and centre mid if needed.

His value is approx £25M which we could get for Toby in the summer.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nathan-ake/profil/spieler/177476

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11065/11529270/tottenham-have-not-contacted-bournemouth-about-nathan-ake-says-eddie-howe

55 minutes ago, sotsira said:

With Toby likely to be leaving at the end of this season, and Verts coming to the later stages of his playing career, sooner or later we will need to replace both of them.

Foyth & Sanchez are in the squad for replacing Toby for the right sided CB position.

As for the left side I'd like to see us go in for Nathan A'ke of Bournmouth, at 23yrs he'll be a good replacement for Verts

and can also play left back and centre mid if needed.

His value is approx £25M which we could get for Toby in the summer.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nathan-ake/profil/spieler/177476

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11065/11529270/tottenham-have-not-contacted-bournemouth-about-nathan-ake-says-eddie-howe

I'd think it highly unlikely Chelsea would let us sign Ake.

31 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'd think it highly unlikely Chelsea would let us sign Ake.

Can't see Spurs being hot on Ake's trail anyway. He has improved greatly but still with the occasional glaring error. They can do better methinks.

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

only lhs cb,, yes,   the best,, not by a million miles. 

And as i said in my last post  the link clarifies the cb situation

as for ake,, given a little patience, imo he'd be fine as for 25 mil, they paid 20 for him way b4  neymar game changer, so i cant see them taking 25 ,, 40 maybe'  as for how the chavs react to us wanting him, who knows which way that'll go , first thoughts they wont allow it,, but then maybe they will,, who knows.

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

only lhs cb,, yes,   the best,, not by a million miles. 

And as i said in my last post  the link clarifies the cb situation

as for ake,, given a little patience, imo he'd be fine as for 25 mil, they paid 20 for him way b4  neymar game changer, so i cant see them taking 25 ,, 40 maybe'  as for how the chavs react to us wanting him, who knows which way that'll go , first thoughts they wont allow it,, but then maybe they will,, who knows.

Yes it does, which is totally different to you what you implied !

not playing the fit again verity  HUGE statement imo,,

Archived