Tottenham Thread

chonabot

30 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:
A lot of the vitriol on the footy threads seems to be justified to those involved cos it's banter.

ban·ter
/ˈban(t)ər/
noun
noun: banter
the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.

I don't see much banter m'self

Nope I see plenty of low lying bridges with snores coming from underneath.

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, balo said:
15 hours ago, maximuss99 said:
And Poch no doubt will be going to greener pastures next season 
As  
When poverty enters one.s door 
love goe.s  out the windowemoji7.png

You don't know that, Poch loves London and his family has settled down. Pure speculations.

10 hours ago, SantiSuk said:
A lot of the vitriol on the footy threads seems to be justified to those involved cos it's banter.

ban·ter
/ˈban(t)ər/
noun
noun: banter
the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.

I don't see much banter m'self

Could you explain to our new friend the difference between trolling and banter?

13 hours ago, jellydog said:

I hope you are right Ronnie, but if a lack of squad depth leads to finishing out of the top 4 this season and/or next, I think he could skedaddle. There will be no lack of suitors.

When you have a manager of his obvious capability its recognized that at some juncture you will lose him.  And yes, i'd be very disappointed but my focus would immediately turn to who is coming in.  Thats life but the same individuals keep coming on here and talking about it like its some new phenomenon!!  Its not its the norm.

The only one to buck the trend in such situations was Arsene Wenger.  Ferguson managed a bigger club and always had a big budget.

16 hours ago, Kadilo said:

You’ve won ugly at times and that’s testament to what Poch has installed in the side. Kudos to him once again by sticking  with the young lad after what was perceived as a howler in the Wolves match. 

How many managers would of had the balls to keep him in the side?

He is clearly an excellent man manager who the players are responding to. 

He puts a lot of faith in the young players.  Winks,  Amos, Walker-Peters, Skipp, But then again, we are not a City that can plug a gap with a 50m player as does Mourinho.  we don't have the budget and he's always known that.  Foyth was bought from Estudiantes as "one for the future" but he's exceeded the development that it was thought he'd need.  And as for the two penalties, more should be questioned of Trippier's error that landed Foyth in that situation.  I thought he played really well against Wolves!

Foyth 20yo, Davinson Sanchez 21yo.  All bodes well

7 hours ago, carmine said:

He puts a lot of faith in the young players.  Winks,  Amos, Walker-Peters, Skipp, But then again, we are not a City that can plug a gap with a 50m player as does Mourinho.  we don't have the budget and he's always known that.  Foyth was bought from Estudiantes as "one for the future" but he's exceeded the development that it was thought he'd need.  And as for the two penalties, more should be questioned of Trippier's error that landed Foyth in that situation.  I thought he played really well against Wolves!

Foyth 20yo, Davinson Sanchez 21yo.  All bodes well

City seem to feature in almost every post people are making these days.

You seem to making out that you dont have the money of city and united so you have to bring in youth players. Commendable that you are bringing through youngsters but spurs are not shy of splashing the cash as the image shows, but your club decided not buy in the summer so look to your club and question why they didn't buy.

Screenshot_2018-11-12-16-21-34.png

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City seem to feature in almost every post people are making these days.

You seem to making out that you dont have the money of city and united so you have to bring in youth players. Commendable that you are bringing through youngsters but spurs are not shy of splashing the cash as the image shows, but your club decided not buy in the summer so look to your club and question why they didn't buy.

Screenshot_2018-11-12-16-21-34.png

Probably due to your bench warmers costing more than our most expensive signing is why you get mentioned.

Same could be said about Man Utd but who would want to compare themselves with such an out of sorts shambles? 

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^See you chose to post on my minor point about always mentioning City, and not the major point on carmines post that you DO have money to buy players but you DIDNT.

This was already explained by Levy back in early October.

Nothing to add at this point.

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Seems Carmine missed that memo.

seems you have as well, what me ronnie carms poch and levy in FACT what EVERYONE BARRING THE TERMINALLY IGNORANT seems to understand   is that we have money, coarse we have, 50000 plus per hme game plus ? seasons of european footie     but we still  cant compete atm  with wages OR transfer fee's with man city, I wonder why that is?

On 11/7/2018 at 12:10 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Remember the days when we used to mock Spurs for never winning anything they'd chirp up with "at least we have the youngest squad in the Premier".

I was wondering why Spurs fans never post that mantra these days.

Then i came across this article which states:

Average age of current squad member
Wolves24y 8m
Southampton24y 9m
Fulham24y 9m
Everton24y 9m
Man Utd25y 1m
Huddersfield25y 2m
Man City25y 2m
Liverpool25y 5m
Tottenham25y 7m

In Poch we....

I saw this absolute gem again yesterday....

Do you think he's aware that when a team has young gifted players the object is generally to keep them!!!!!

So that's what Pochettino did, and guess what, they became a year older, every 12 months to be precise!!!  The only one missing is Walker who we mugged City off for.

So i'm well aware no one else was wondering why we don't post about the age but this is for the remaining unenlightened!!!

So, having told us week after week after week were going to lose our players suddenly were not supposed to keep them?  Or do you not agree in developing a squad?  Have you a clue about anything?  Anything at all?????

And i just loved the silly  "in Poch we" at the end....so fitting to the post!!!!  Nice to see the Spurs hang up is still deeply rooted!!!

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

seems you have as well, what me ronnie carms poch and levy in FACT what EVERYONE BARRING THE TERMINALLY IGNORANT seems to understand   is that we have money, coarse we have, 50000 plus per hme game plus ? seasons of european footie     but we still  cant compete atm  with wages OR transfer fee's with man city, I wonder why that is?

1. Leave out the name calling. Totally unnecessary!

2. We all know you have the money, you're in the top 10 highest revenue earners in world football, but you chose not to spend it on players. Why did you choose not to spend it on players? Because as MrBJ, maximuss99, myself and others have been telling you - but you spurs fans choose to ignore it - your money is tied-up in (1) the spend on new stadium build and (2) the cost overrun on new stadium build.

3. We all accept that you dont have the money to buy a Pogba (93m), lukaku, van diyk, morata or becker (67m), but you do have the money to buy players in the 40m bracket (sanchez 42m), but you didn't  for the reason stated above. So stop with the sob story that spurs cant compete, spurs have to use kids, etc, cause its b ull s hit.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I saw this absolute gem again yesterday....

Do you think he's aware that when a team has young gifted players the object is generally to keep them!!!!!

So that's what Pochettino did, and guess what, they became a year older, every 12 months to be precise!!!  The only one missing is Walker who we mugged City off for.

So i'm well aware no one else was wondering why we don't post about the age but this is for the remaining unenlightened!!!

So, having told us week after week after week were going to lose our players suddenly were not supposed to keep them?  Or do you not agree in developing a squad?  Have you a clue about anything?  Anything at all?????

And i just loved the silly  "in Poch we" at the end....so fitting to the post!!!!  Nice to see the Spurs hang up is still deeply rooted!!!

Going back a couple of seasons to the days of Zaba, clichy, kolorov, etc, a stick you spurs fans liked to beat City with was we had the oldest squad and apparently Spurs had the youngest squad. I've noticed of late that you spurs fans don't seem to mention the youngest squad anymore which got me wondering why, particularly as you have recently taken to telling us about all these youngsters in your team/squad. I looked it up and as I posted, Spurs Average age of current squad member is only the 9th youngest; guess that's why you don't mention it anymore.

"In Poch we trust" was just me making the counter-point to you calling City fans childish for referring to David Silva as Merlin...touché ..."In Poch we trust" indeed :cheesy:

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Leave out the name calling. Totally unnecessary!

2. We all know you have the money, you're in the top 10 highest revenue earners in world football, but you chose not to spend it on players. Why did you choose not to spend it on players? Because as MrBJ, maximuss99, myself and others have been telling you - but you spurs fans choose to ignore it - your money is tied-up in (1) the spend on new stadium build and (2) the cost overrun on new stadium build.

3. We all accept that you dont have the money to buy a Pogba (93m), lukaku, van diyk, morata or becker (67m), but you do have the money to buy players in the 40m bracket (sanchez 42m), but you didn't  for the reason stated above. So stop with the sob story that spurs cant compete, spurs have to use kids, etc, cause its b ull s hit.

Sorry, so let me get this right...........you've spent months baiting us about our debt, about how its out of control, how can we pay it back......

and now, we suddenly have the money to buy players of 40m+ and we are to cut out the sob stories!!!!

So, please tell me Do we have 40m+ plus to spend on players or don't we? Are we completely saint, our money tied up or can we simply pull the odd 40m + out of our are every now and again?  Its really one or the other and not both sides to suit your argument at a given time. You really can't be changing your tune weekly to suit your floundering arguments!!

I hope you and your pals understand all that although i fear more confusion on the Chelsea/Arsenal fans part!!!

And i trust you understand now about team development and how footballer grow up, same as normal people.  I ask because i note you chose not to respond yet!!  Don't blame you really, lol.......

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Going back a couple of seasons to the days of Zaba, clichy, kolorov, etc, a stick you spurs fans liked to beat City with was we had the oldest squad and apparently Spurs had the youngest squad. I've noticed of late that you spurs fans don't seem to mention the youngest squad anymore which got me wondering why, particularly as you have recently taken to telling us about all these youngsters in your team/squad. I looked it up and as I posted, Spurs Average age of current squad member is only the 9th youngest; guess that's why you don't mention it anymore.

"In Poch we trust" was just me making the counter-point to you calling City fans childish for referring to David Silva as Merlin...touché ..."In Poch we trust" indeed :cheesy:

You really have no shame!!!!  

Don't know what the rest of you think but i reckon that with Foyth coming of age earlier than expected and our predominance of right sided center backs we might be seeing the end of Tob'y career at Spurs.  Certainly him or Carter-Vickers anyway.

What we learnt about Foyth from last week is two fold.  One, he has the self belief and strength of character required at top level. Secondly it was a clear sign just how much belief Pochettino has in him.  Although, i'm not sure we had anyone else!!!

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Sorry, so let me get this right...........you've spent months baiting us about our debt, about how its out of control, how can we pay it back......

and now, we suddenly have the money to buy players of 40m+ and we are to cut out the sob stories!!!!

So, please tell me Do we have 40m+ plus to spend on players or don't we? Are we completely saint, our money tied up or can we simply pull the odd 40m + out of our are every now and again?  Its really one or the other and not both sides to suit your argument at a given time. You really can't be changing your tune weekly to suit your floundering arguments!!

I hope you and your pals understand all that although i fear more confusion on the Chelsea/Arsenal fans part!!!

And i trust you understand now about team development and how footballer grow up, same as normal people.  I ask because i note you chose not to respond yet!!  Don't blame you really, lol.......

Actually i haven't  spent months baiting you about your debt, maybe you're  thinking of others, but i did recently post about your debt could be the biggest in europe think the article  said based on your stadium cost overrun.

What has debt got to do with it anyway ? Did manus debt stop them buying pogba and lukaku? No.

The point i have been making which you won't  accept is that you have decent revenue but due to the stadium costs and particularly the overrun your money is tiedup. Could you buy players? Ive no doubt you could but it would increase your debt. Will you buy players - yes but it will be limited in the next few windows because  of stadium costs.

Sorry but i really didn't  understand  your last paragraph  so i can't  respond on that. Maybe have another go.

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Actually i haven't  spent months baiting you about your debt, maybe you're  thinking of others, but i did recently post about your debt could be the biggest in europe think the article  said based on your stadium cost overrun.

What has debt got to do with it anyway ? Did manus debt stop them buying pogba and lukaku? No.

The point i have been making which you won't  accept is that you have decent revenue but due to the stadium costs and particularly the overrun your money is tiedup. Could you buy players? Ive no doubt you could but it would increase your debt. Will you buy players - yes but it will be limited in the next few windows because  of stadium costs.

Sorry but i really didn't  understand  your last paragraph  so i can't  respond on that. Maybe have another go.

So you still don't understand, or is that a concession that you made a chump of yourself again?   I rest my case.  Either way,  your little jibes about us not mentioning our sides average age was quite ridiculous and a spectacular misfire, one of your best actually.  It also demonstrated a fundamental lack of understanding of squad/team developement.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Don't know what the rest of you think but i reckon that with Foyth coming of age earlier than expected and our predominance of right sided center backs we might be seeing the end of Tob'y career at Spurs.  Certainly him or Carter-Vickers anyway.

What we learnt about Foyth from last week is two fold.  One, he has the self belief and strength of character required at top level. Secondly it was a clear sign just how much belief Pochettino has in him.  Although, i'm not sure we had anyone else!!!

Carter-Vickers will either up his game or be sold....its as simple as that.

Foyth is well ahead of him now.

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its good business via the academy either way.  It's the left side that concerns me anyway.

Lets hope we get some players back before we play the chavs.

44 minutes ago, carmine said:

Its good business via the academy either way.  It's the left side that concerns me anyway.

Lets hope we get some players back before we play the chavs.

Well Verts is the only one who would be likely to make a big difference unless Rose is close??

Miss Dembele for that game certainly....he's just irreplaceable for us.

11 hours ago, carmine said:

So you still don't understand, or is that a concession that you made a chump of yourself again?   I rest my case.  Either way,  your little jibes about us not mentioning our sides average age was quite ridiculous and a spectacular misfire, one of your best actually.  It also demonstrated a fundamental lack of understanding of squad/team developement.

it's all a deflection from their club cheating, hapi to bang on about var being the fair thing for all but when it comes to their club cheatin ,,, seems it's acceptable, its called HYPOCRACY ,, 

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

yeah, no doubts toby is letting his contract run out presumably looking for that last LARGE contract/pay day cant really blame him for that  trouble for him is if poch decides to give carter vic's time and use foyth tobies  market value could well  drop but hey, thats his problem suppose.

9 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah, no doubts toby is letting his contract run out presumably looking for that last LARGE contract/pay day cant really blame him for that  trouble for him is if poch decides to give carter vic's time and use foyth tobies  market value could well  drop but hey, thats his problem suppose.

Toby will go for £25m as per his contract.

Archived