Tottenham Thread

chonabot

On the subject of a poosible manager for us next season, there is a guy who springs to mind who has taken a team from the bottom of the league to a 4th place finish and then followed up with 5th place and QF of the Champs League within 3 years playing some "triffic" footbal at times...!!!!!

Planks!

Another poster happy to be going backwards :o:D

I find it quite amusing and a little strange that Harry is one of the favorites - at 3/1 - to take over as permanent manager at Chelsea.

Well lets just keep our fingers crossed they are right, however i doubt anyone would offer a contract to a man thats going to trial in july.

I find it quite amusing and a little strange that Harry is one of the favorites - at 3/1 - to take over as permanent manager at Chelsea.

A straight swap will be fine cheers. ;)

Managers? Players? or both? :huh:

Well lets just keep our fingers crossed they are right, however i doubt anyone would offer a contract to a man thats going to trial in july.

I would like to point out that Harry is the evens favorite for the England job which means that he is highly respectable and may eventually get knighted.

Abromavich on the other hand is just some Russian mafia scum bag and I doubt Harry's shenagins even register on his radar - they might have a few offshore domiciles in common I guess but I am sure that Abromavich could teach Harry a thing or two about quick drying cement for concrete boots.

I would like to point out that Harry is the evens favorite for the England job which means that he is highly respectable and may eventually get knighted.

Abromavich on the other hand is just some Russian mafia scum bag and I doubt Harry's shenagins even register on his radar - they might have a few offshore domiciles in common I guess but I am sure that Abromavich could teach Harry a thing or two about quick drying cement for concrete boots.

Of all your posts, this is now my favourite. Yes, Harry is indeed a saint. :huh:

Edited by carmine

I would like to point out that Harry is the evens favorite for the England job which means that he is highly respectable and may eventually get knighted

Knighted..?? I wouldn't go that far but he'll almost certainly he'll England manager after EURO 2012.

I would personally like someone like Martinez from Wigan at The Lane. He plays football the right way and is a young upcoming coach.

COYS!

Atlast some positive stuff in our hunt for a striker!! It seems we have a very realistic chance of signing Leandro Damiao from Internacional. Apart from Internacional being our partner it would be a financial deal that we could afford too and hopefully the ridiculous talk of signing the likes of Aguero will cease!

An experienced striker to play alongside the Brazillian would be nice and while he's on a role maybe Levy could sign a new keeper.

With the expected clear out of excess baggage we should have a nice kitty.

Atlast some positive stuff in our hunt for a striker!! It seems we have a very realistic chance of signing Leandro Damiao from Internacional. Apart from Internacional being our partner it would be a financial deal that we could afford too and hopefully the ridiculous talk of signing the likes of Aguero will cease!

An experienced striker to play alongside the Brazillian would be nice and while he's on a role maybe Levy could sign a new keeper.

With the expected clear out of excess baggage we should have a nice kitty.

I hope you;re right!

More potentially good news!

It looks likely that scrotum face, Sandra and the dogs are off to manage Chelsea. No doubt nepotism will enable Frank to get a nice contract extension. ;) I must say, i still can't understand why anyone would take on a manager that is three months away form trial.

However, maybe we can now get a manager that would aspire to take us to the next level rather than calling fans idiots for being disappointed with fifth place.

More potentially good news!

It looks likely that scrotum face, Sandra and the dogs are off to manage Chelsea. No doubt nepotism will enable Frank to get a nice contract extension. ;) I must say, i still can't understand why anyone would take on a manager that is three months away form trial.

However, maybe we can now get a manager that would aspire to take us to the next level rather than calling fans idiots for being disappointed with fifth place.

yes, the man with a ballbag where his head should be has had his minions hawking him at the chelsea job for months. just imagine the fun him and his brown envelopes could have with roman's billions.

hi guys and gals and those that are not so sure, i am a new poster on this forum but belong to most of the pattaya based forums,and a fellow spur. i have been coming to thailand since 87 , so all is good

We don't get any of the "not so sures" on this thread nad, we're all real men on here unlike some of the other threads that pansie around :o:D .

hi guys and gals and those that are not so sure, i am a new poster on this forum but belong to most of the pattaya based forums,and a fellow spur. i have been coming to thailand since 87 , so all is good

We don't get any of the "not so sures" on this thread nad, we're all real men on here unlike some of the other threads that pansie around :o:D .

real men ?

you lot do more bitching and moaning on this thread than Hilda Ogden and Ena Sharples ! laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Whether it is just internet news garbage or not, seems the Spurs Board are not too upset at the prospect of losing Harry.

http://www.goal.com/...-harry-redknapp

This particular source is regularily garbage. However its no secret at the club that Levy and scrotum face don't see eye to eye. He is very unhappy at the lowering aspirations of the manager and few at the club would be surprised if the board stood in the way of Chelsea. He's also insulted the fans. He announces we can win the league then after some bizarre tactical moves and ridiculous substitutions our form drops and he decides we are a club that should be lucky to be fifth. When he's questioned on this were all idiots. Finally, what does it say when theplayers have higher aspirations than the manager? I doubt they have liked being frequently reminded by the manager that they are not good enough to finish top four. i hold him clearly responsable for our results in the final thid of the season.

Fingers crossed he likes the Kings Road. :)

Apparently we're bringing Berbatov back to the Lane. Great idea....a swap deal with Keane but maybe they should throw in Carrick to sweeten the deal?

More nonsense to follow soon....

More like a swap deal with Modric I would imagine. Apparently the newspapers conveniently forgot that Modric signed a new contract a year ago and had him on 45k a week with the BBC website talking about Man U and Chelsea tripling his wages.

I remember he is on 70k a week because he was all embarrassed about it. Back in Serbia there is a big recession and everyone lives off two pieces of cardboard and a carrot. Mind you 70k a week - about as much as we pay an up and coming lad like Poulsen.

Apparently we're bringing Berbatov back to the Lane. Great idea....a swap deal with Keane but maybe they should throw in Carrick to sweeten the deal?

More nonsense to follow soon....

More like a swap deal with Modric I would imagine. Apparently the newspapers conveniently forgot that Modric signed a new contract a year ago and had him on 45k a week with the BBC website talking about Man U and Chelsea tripling his wages.

I remember he is on 70k a week because he was all embarrassed about it. Back in Serbia there is a big recession and everyone lives off two pieces of cardboard and a carrot. Mind you 70k a week - about as much as we pay an up and coming lad like Poulsen.

Don't mean to split hairs but Modric is a Croat and Poulsen is not an up and coming he's <deleted> and a never will be.

Don't mean to split hairs but Modric is a Croat and Poulsen is not an up and coming he's <deleted> and a never will be.

Oh yes I deserve a kick in the Balkans for that...

laugh.gifA self effacing scouser with a sense of humour. Like it.

So if bale does go in search of champ's league footie, who would you like to replace him, me? I wouldn't mind Yuri Zhirkov from Chelsea, ive been impressed with him and think he's unfortunate to have cole and maybe 'muddled' in his way. If modric goes, well he's going to leave a big hole, he's not irreplaceable , no one is, but I'de be guessing if I said I had an idea who's good e'nuf 2 replace him.

So if bale does go in search of champ's league footie, who would you like to replace him, me? I wouldn't mind Yuri Zhirkov from Chelsea, ive been impressed with him and think he's unfortunate to have cole and maybe 'muddled' in his way. If modric goes, well he's going to leave a big hole, he's not irreplaceable , no one is, but I'de be guessing if I said I had an idea who's good e'nuf 2 replace him.

Playing devils advocate here rij, but is Modric really as good as we think he is ;) his stats are not great for this season, played 33, goals 3, assists 3.

We talk about having a strong spine to a team, last year he played mostly on the left and we finish 4th, this year he played mostly centre mid and we finish 5th and you would have expected us to break downs team easier with him in centre mid but it wasn't to be.

I for one hope our central pairing next season is predominately Hudd and Sandro with Modric slotting in one of the other 3 midfield places :o.

What - you're seriously suggesting that you could replace Bale? Case of the garbled punctuation I hope :whistling:

What - you're seriously suggesting that you could replace Bale? Case of the garbled punctuation I hope :whistling:

We'd have to replace him otherwise we would only be playing with 10 men :D

Playing devils advocate here rij, but is Modric really as good as we think he is ;) his stats are not great for this season, played 33, goals 3, assists 3.

We talk about having a strong spine to a team, last year he played mostly on the left and we finish 4th, this year he played mostly centre mid and we finish 5th and you would have expected us to break downs team easier with him in centre mid but it wasn't to be.

I for one hope our central pairing next season is predominately Hudd and Sandro with Modric slotting in one of the other 3 midfield places :o.

Huddlestone being injured for most of last season cost us dear. If Bale is sold for silly money we should spend it on a striker and a central defender.

Move Modric out left and well.....buy another striker...etrc...etc...