Tottenham Thread

chonabot

How easy was that!! I really wasn't expecting such a stroll in the park. We were very good in the second half but very out of shape in the first half. Walker proved he can play right midfield and he put in some nice crosses. Great pace too. Van Der Vaart didn't look like he knew what he was supposed to be doing at times. Not his fault imho. The combination of Parker and Sandro gets better every game, they gave Norwich nothing, and i really want to see that at our away games in particular

Triffic work by Adebayor for the first, the second was just classic Bale.

Nice to see Danny Rose getting a run out, as i'm sick of BAE hoofing the ball upfield and losing possession.

Looking in great shape for Swansea and West Brom. This is our big chance to heap the pressure on Arsenal and the Chavs. COYS

Yes 6 points from the next two games is what we should be expecting. BAE is pretty average at times....at least his defending seems to have improved a bit this season.

Famous last words no doubt...unsure.png

Ah.......the feel good thread!..................for now.

When is face like a bag ov balls up before the commitee?

Thankyou for your concern for wobbly chops. I believe his trial starts on january, 23rd......the day after Man CityvSpurs.

Thankyou for your concern for wobbly chops. I believe his trial starts on january, 23rd......the day after Man CityvSpurs.

Puuurfect,lets hope they give him something to be proud of,and help us of course too.

Puuurfect,lets hope they give him something to be proud of,and help us of course too.

Unlikely without Adebayor leading the line. We need a new striker next month.....and no I don't mean Demba Ba.

Unlikely without Adebayor leading the line. We need a new striker next month.....and no I don't mean Demba Ba.

Do you still think Andy Carroll's the one for us smokes?w00t.gif

Cheaper than Demba Ba anyway. I heard the Newcastle board drive a hard bargain....whistling.gif

Don't want Demba Ba either. I still think the Leandro Damiao deal is on. Maybe even done.

You know what, my biggest concern last night was that a mans of Brads age with so little to do would fall asleep. smile.png

Cheaper than Demba Ba anyway. I heard the Newcastle board drive a hard bargain....whistling.gif

Don't want Demba Ba either. I still think the Leandro Damiao deal is on. Maybe even done.

You know what, my biggest concern last night was that a mans of Brads age with so little to do would fall asleep. smile.png

Haha. Yeah its the Brazil close season....I'm hoping to hear we have a deal in place. Get him in early on in Jan and he'll be ready for the Citeh game. wink.png

Haha. Yeah its the Brazil close season....I'm hoping to hear we have a deal in place. Get him in early on in Jan and he'll be ready for the Citeh game. wink.png

City away is just one game. I personally think they will be under more pressure. See how the kn*bhead tv pundits and commentators are still instantly dismissive of us other than possibly scraping a top fout finish, still referring to the old "big four" and City. No,If we were to win at Eastlands it would be off the back of an eleven man effort. I would expect Parker and Sandro to be the crucial players mind. A new strikers importance is longterm on the basis that we won't keep Adebayor.

City away is just one game. I personally think they will be under more pressure. See how the kn*bhead tv pundits and commentators are still instantly dismissive of us other than possibly scraping a top fout finish, still referring to the old "big four" and City. No,If we were to win at Eastlands it would be off the back of an eleven man effort. I would expect Parker and Sandro to be the crucial players mind. A new strikers importance is longterm on the basis that we won't keep Adebayor.

If we haven't signed anyone by the final whistle at the Lane against West Brom then I reckon we'll be hearing from 'Arry how "Its difficult and I don't expect we'll sign anyone" etc....

Continuing on from our discussion on the Money thread...

I really feel smokie that in order for VDV to get into the best Spurs line up you would have to drop Bale back.. If you don't then you have a midfield of Modric, Parker, Sandro, Bale and Lennon with Adebayor upfront. I'd have a back four of Walker, Kaboul, King and probably Rose. I say Rose cos i'm sick and tired of the BAE hoof upfield and losing possession. 4-2-3-1

VDV, for me anyway only fits into a 4-4-1-1.

Actually Friedel has been kept pretty busy this season.

As at Xmas he had made the 2nd most number of saves of any goalkeeper in the PL (after Hennessy of Wolves). Pretty impressive for a player well past his pension age.

So look if we assume that Coyle and Kean make it through to the New Year. And then that no manager is left in charge of January dealings, only to be sacked in January, shouldnt Harry sit fairly high up there in the race to be the next PL manager sacked.

If he is found guilty and given a jail sentence then he must be certain to be sacked. Even if he is heavily fined - hardly the sentence the prosecution are looking for, you would think it unlikely that Levy would stand by him.

I mention it not because I really wish Harry to be banged up. It just seems to me that the odds - 25/1 (along with David Moyes) - to be the next PL manager sacked - look rather attractive.

If he is found guilty and given a jail sentence then he must be certain to be sacked. Even if he is heavily fined - hardly the sentence the prosecution are looking for, you would think it unlikely that Levy would stand by him.

On what do you base that assumption ?

A. you know Daniel personally

B. your a physic

C. pure guesswork

Do you really think Levy cares if Redknapp has worked a little tax fiddle when he's probaly been at it himself at some stage.

Why come on here with an opinion about something that you know nothing about i.e Levy's mindset .

B. your a physic

C. pure guesswork

Do you really think Levy cares if Redknapp has worked a little tax fiddle when he's probaly been at it himself at some stage.

Why come on here with an opinion about something that you know nothing about i.e Levy's mindset .

He's only giving an opinion alfie. 99% of the posts in the footie forum are about opinion's.

B. your a physic

C. pure guesswork

He's only giving an opinion alfie. 99% of the posts in the footie forum are about opinion's.

Did you know we have the power to ridicule your posts on this thread? biggrin.png

B. your a physic

C. pure guesswork

Did you know we have the power to ridicule your posts on this thread? biggrin.png

biggrin.png

B. your a physic

C. pure guesswork

The difference is BJ that most people have an opinion based on something !!!! old Abrak just seems to like talking <deleted> on our thread for the sake of it 4.gif

B. your a physic

C. pure guesswork

The difference is BJ that most people have an opinion based on something !!!! old Abrak just seems to like talking <deleted> on our thread for the sake of it 4.gif

Not really.... my opinion is based on the fact that Redknapp is being charged with tax evasion (not tax avoidance) which is fraud. If for instance, Levy was found guilty of the charge he could no longer be a Director or Chairman To Tottenham PLC. I would imagine he has a fiduciary duty that the manager of the club should also be free of any such conviction. Harry has spent 1m quid in legal fees and the CPS 3m quid investigating the matter and I think you are rather naive to consider it a charge for a 'little tax fiddle'.

To quote in the CPS's letter to the US revenue department on this case. 'The maximum sentence for this case is life imprisonment. However, in practice, charges of Cheating the Revenue involving large sums of money can result in sentences approaching 15 years in prison.'

Personally I think you are talking <deleted> when you say that Levy as 'probably been at it himself' but I will admit that you know him far more than I do.

calm down girls.

Whether scrotum face gets incarcerated is one thing but i'm starting to have nightmares because Ancelloti is clearly on his way to PSG and a certain Mark Hughes is lurking in the shadows. That scares the hell out of me. In three months he could take us back ten years. ph34r.png

calm down girls.

Whether scrotum face gets incarcerated is one thing but i'm starting to have nightmares because Ancelloti is clearly on his way to PSG and a certain Mark Hughes is lurking in the shadows. That scares the hell out of me. In three months he could take us back ten years. ph34r.png

Levy is too shrewd for that mate.

calm down girls.

Not so sure about that. He wasn't very shrewd in the Martin Jol debarcle. Mindyou, hopefully he has learnt from that because he was a deeply unpopular man at WHL for some time after that.

calm down girls.

Not so sure about that. He wasn't very shrewd in the Martin Jol debarcle. Mindyou, hopefully he has learnt from that because he was a deeply unpopular man at WHL for some time after that.

There seems to be a thirst for guilty verdicts in football at the moment. If I were 'Arry I'd be a very worried man right now.

Losing his position at the club will pale into insignificance alongside a huge fine and possible imprisonment.i

calm down girls.

There seems to be a thirst for guilty verdicts in football at the moment. If I were 'Arry I'd be a very worried man right now.

Losing his position at the club will pale into insignificance alongside a huge fine and possible imprisonment.i

I dont know if you guys remember the Lester Piggott case at the end of the 1980s. It was fairly similar to the is case in many respects. However Piggott cut a deal with the Revenue (an option that is not available to Redknapp because of the early involvement of the CPS.) It included 1m quid penalties. Anyway the funny end to the story is that he tried to pay the taxes and penalties out of an offshore account that the Revenue hadnt previously found. The offer was withdrawn and he got 3 years in prison.

calm down girls.

I'd be amazed if he was found "not guilty". The CPS obviously think they have a very strong case for him to answer. Apparently, when this trials over, theres more to come! rolleyes.gif