Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I'd be amazed if he was found "not guilty". The CPS obviously think they have a very strong case for him to answer. Apparently, when this trials over, theres more to come! rolleyes.gif

Well I think quite a lot more will come out at the trial.

For instance, his offshore bank account show other payments to him that are not part of this charge (I posted a link to them earlier in this thread). The charge only relates to Mandaric payments because not only have they got the source of the payments BUT those payments were made by Redknapp's full time employer 'offshore' to 'evade' tax. This is the fraud element. They havent charged him with not paying taxes on the other payments that he received offshore because if they find him guilty of the primary charge it makes the secondary charge meaningless.

In footballing terms, the concept of Redknapp receiving backhanders from his own employer may not seem very serious (it is a large crime as far as the Revenue goes). But where do these payments come from that are not from his own employer?

It is a bit like Al Capone. If you catch a guy robbing a bank you dont charge him with not paying taxes on the proceeds. If however you can find the proceeds and cannot prove he robbed the bank, you charge him with tax evasion.

Edited by Abrak

I'd be amazed if he was found "not guilty". The CPS obviously think they have a very strong case for him to answer. Apparently, when this trials over, theres more to come! rolleyes.gif

Well I think quite a lot more will come out at the trial.

For instance, his offshore bank account show other payments to him that are not part of this charge (I posted a link to them earlier in this thread). The charge only relates to Mandaric payments because not only have they got the source of the payments BUT those payments were made by Redknapp's full time employer 'offshore' to 'evade' tax. This is the fraud element. They havent charged him with not paying taxes on the other payments that he received offshore because if they find him guilty of the primary charge it makes the secondary charge meaningless.

In footballing terms, the concept of Redknapp receiving backhanders from his own employer may not seem very serious (it is a large crime as far as the Revenue goes). But where do these payments come from that are not from his own employer?

Mr Murdoch.

By the way as the previous discussion of Harry's case was a little old. Much of the case against Harry as well as the accompanying documentation is set out here. It mat be a bit more interesting now that the case will come to Court soon. (Also there is next to nothing about the case in the UK press.)

http://thestory.ie/2011/08/03/harry-redknapp-tax-evasion-and-mandarics-offshore-account/

Before anyone asks, the website is Irish because it would have been illegal for a UK website to publish this documentation due to Court imposed restrictions.

I still think odds of 25/1 are pretty good.

By the way as the previous discussion of Harry's case was a little old. Much of the case against Harry as well as the accompanying documentation is set out here. It mat be a bit more interesting now that the case will come to Court soon. (Also there is next to nothing about the case in the UK press.)

http://thestory.ie/2...fshore-account/

Before anyone asks, the website is Irish because it would have been illegal for a UK website to publish this documentation due to Court imposed restrictions.

I still think odds of 25/1 are pretty good.

I've just read that excellent summary Abrak. Where are you getting 25/1?

Actually I dont bet usually - not as though there is a local bookies at the end of the road.

The odds came from here.

http://www.thesackra...premier-league/

I would also point out that you can get 5/1 odds of Redknapp not being the Spurs manager at the end of the season.

I am tempted to place a bet though (although I would wait a few days to see that Coyle and Kean are safely employed in January.)

Partly because I am also tempted by 40/1 odds of Uruguay winning the World Cup in Brasil. The World Cup when played in SA has always gone to a SA team. And although Brasil and Argentina are favourites they have an ability to fuc_k up. I also like the idea of supporting a team other than England who will undoubtedly prove to be hopeless.

I also think that if Harry is found guilty he will be hung out to dry. It wont be the first time that the press has built up someone only to rip him to shreds. I can see the Daily Star or Sunday Mirror with 'Ooops, Harry just ate my large brown paper bag' headline.

Edited by Abrak

Actually I dont bet usually - not as though there is a local bookies at the end of the road.

The odds came from here.

http://www.thesackra...premier-league/

I would also point out that you can get 5/1 odds of Redknapp not being the Spurs manager at the end of the season.

I am tempted to place a bet though (although I would wait a few days to see that Coyle and Kean are safely employed in January.)

Partly because I am also tempted by 40/1 odds of Uruguay winning the World Cup in Brasil. The World Cup when played in SA has always gone to a SA team. And although Brasil and Argentina are favourites they have an ability to fuc_k up. I also like the idea of supporting a team other than England who will undoubtedly prove to be hopeless.

I also think that if Harry is found guilty he will be hung out to dry. It wont be the first time that the press has built up someone only to rip him to shreds. I can see the Daily Star or Sunday Mirror with 'Ooops, Harry just ate my large brown paper bag' headline.

"Caught Knapping red handed" etc....yeah I'm not looking so far forward....but a pony might be worth a punt.

Actually this trial should be a scorcher. The Revenue has a huge chip on their shoulder about the amount of revenues they are not receiving - be they allocation to offshore pension funds of temporary UK employees (players), agent fees that go missing etc, offshore criminals using it to launder money etc. Then we have the likes of Terry with give us a bung and you can look round the Bridge, say no more wink wink and 'arry with a small paper bag, little tax fiddle, everyone does it say no more attitude. And a few hundred million quid later....

The CPS and Revenue are on the war path, raids at dawn, bilateral crime agreements called upon. Harry calls in the most expensive barrister in the land. Harry's defense is that it was money for an investment (or was it a loan). Now imagine if the Revenue loses that argument. Yes sure we will pay you entirely offshore so that you dont have to pay any tax, just tell them we gave you the money as an investment in the highly unlikely case they find your offshore bank account (P.S. dont be as stupid as that guy Redknapp and then transfer it back into your UK bank account though.)

Now the best barrister doesnt take on a case he thinks he going to lose (ok yes he does if you offer him enough money.) But he will take sheer delight in giving the Revenue the run around. It wouldnt surprise me if Harry got 5 years it also wouldnt surprise me if he got off it entirely. 'Not his account M'Lord, his name is Henry not Harry.' I will certainly be glued to it, popcorn at the ready, all the same.

Actually this trial should be a scorcher. The Revenue has a huge chip on their shoulder about the amount of revenues they are not receiving - be they allocation to offshore pension funds of temporary UK employees (players), agent fees that go missing etc, offshore criminals using it to launder money etc. Then we have the likes of Terry with give us a bung and you can look round the Bridge, say no more wink wink and 'arry with a small paper bag, little tax fiddle, everyone does it say no more attitude. And a few hundred million quid later....

The CPS and Revenue are on the war path, raids at dawn, bilateral crime agreements called upon. Harry calls in the most expensive barrister in the land. Harry's defense is that it was money for an investment (or was it a loan). Now imagine if the Revenue loses that argument. Yes sure we will pay you entirely offshore so that you dont have to pay any tax, just tell them we gave you the money as an investment in the highly unlikely case they find your offshore bank account (P.S. dont be as stupid as that guy Redknapp and then transfer it back into your UK bank account though.)

Now the best barrister doesnt take on a case he thinks he going to lose (ok yes he does if you offer him enough money.) But he will take sheer delight in giving the Revenue the run around. It wouldnt surprise me if Harry got 5 years it also wouldnt surprise me if he got off it entirely. 'Not his account M'Lord, his name is Henry not Harry.' I will certainly be glued to it, popcorn at the ready, all the same.

I set up the Football Business Thread for exactly these type of post's so be a good chap and post on there 3.gif

I set up the Football Business Thread for exactly these type of post's so be a good chap and post on there 3.gif

I can cope with despair, it is hope I cannot handle.

Bit I will try to help you out and have posted anyway. Will happily post some more.

Edited by Abrak

, theres more to come! rolleyes.gif

Spill the beans then Inspector Morse...

Something to do with Mandaric again. Supposedly some mirky "land deal for developement" next to Fratton Park

Problem is that he with a face like a ball bag just can't help himself. Its not good enough to be a multi millionaire with a huge salary and a mansion in sandbanks.

What that i hear you say! He innocent till proven guilty! Whatever...thumbsup.gif

, theres more to come! rolleyes.gif

Spill the beans then Inspector Morse...

Something to do with Mandaric again. Supposedly some mirky "land deal for developement" next to Fratton Park

Problem is that he with a face like a ball bag just can't help himself. Its not good enough to be a multi millionaire with a huge salary and a mansion in sandbanks.

What that i hear you say! He innocent till proven guilty! Whatever...thumbsup.gif

Its what the eyes of the law choose to see that counts mate! coffee1.gif

Forgetting about Harry for a moment, i'm starting to really detest Modric. The transfer window hasn't even opened yet and already he's playing up to potential suitors.

I'd love it if we were able to <deleted> the little sh1t off once and for all but that ofcourse would be cutting our nose to spite our face.

What a horrid little mercenary he is.

Forgetting about Harry for a moment, i'm starting to really detest Modric. The transfer window hasn't even opened yet and already he's playing up to potential suitors.

I'd love it if we were able to <deleted> the little sh1t off once and for all but that ofcourse would be cutting our nose to spite our face.

I console myself with the thought of that nice long contract he signed....no doubt its helped Daniel's sleeping pattern as well....

I console myself with the thought of that nice long contract he signed....no doubt its helped Daniel's sleeping pattern as well....

He's typical of the modern day football mercenary. Happy to go to a small club like Chelsea with an inferior team for a load of dosh. I could understand him wanting to go to Barca or Madrid. If he had any respect for our club or the fans he's stop touting himself on the market but he doesn't the little sh*t.

He's typical of the modern day football mercenary. Happy to go to a small club like Chelsea with an inferior team for a load of dosh. I could understand him wanting to go to Barca or Madrid. If he had any respect for our club or the fans he's stop touting himself on the market but he doesn't the little sh*t.

So long as his form doesn't dip he can spout off all he likes. Its a nice position in fact...sign a new long deal on more dosh or keep the same long deal on lower wages.

Feel free to bang the door on yer way out son! biggrin.png

So long as his form doesn't dip he can spout off all he likes. Its a nice position in fact...sign a new long deal on more dosh or keep the same long deal on lower wages.

Feel free to bang the door on yer way out son! biggrin.png

It unsettles the dressing room at a time when we are playing so well. He's already let us down in our first two games when we were missing key players. His time would be better spent trying to work out why his personal goal count is so crap.

It unsettles the dressing room at a time when we are playing so well. He's already let us down in our first two games when we were missing key players. His time would be better spent trying to work out why his personal goal count is so crap.

I'm not seeing any unrest in the dressing room or on the field.....maybe I'm missing something here?

I thought they well ALL mercenaries nowadays!

I'm not seeing any unrest in the dressing room or on the field.....maybe I'm missing something here?

His comments have only come out in this morning broadsheets smokie. All you are missing is your monrning paper!!! I'm not sure about them all being mercenaries but i have seldom seen players behave in such an appalling manner as the likes of Tevez and Modric.

His comments have only come out in this morning broadsheets smokie. All you are missing is your monrning paper!!! I'm not sure about them all being mercenaries but i have seldom seen players behave in such an appalling manner as the likes of Tevez and Modric.

I've read his comments....not leave in Jan...maybe in the summer etc. All standard Modric fare...you having a bad morning? huh.png

I've read his comments....not leave in Jan...maybe in the summer etc. All standard Modric fare...you having a bad morning? huh.png

No, why?

Yeah, agreed smokie, cant see anything 'appalling' in the way that Modric has behaved, teves behavior is appalling, comparing what modric has done and said to what teves has done is like comparing chalk and cheese.

You both don't think refusing to play against Man Utd and City isn't appalling!!!!! He even refused to travel to Old Trafford. Get a grip of yourselves lads. I can't believe the two of you, as Spurs fans or just football fans at that, don't see that as anything other than appalling.

How on earth is it compairing chalk and cheese when two players refuse to play for their club. Answer. Its exactly the same.

Edited by carmine

Come on rij and smokes....how exactly is Modric's behaviour at the start of the season not to be compaired to Tevez as i think we can all agree that he refused to play for us. wink.png

I might also reming you we were hit by injuries aswell and desperately needed our fit regulars.

Maybe I misread things, but wasnt the modric non play thingy more a unilateral decision with our ari coming out and saying that Modric wasnt right to play, and laterly promptly resolved. Wheras wasnt the teves situ virtually the opposite, with teves virtually publicly refusing to play and the mancine publicly slatting him of, and even with various peace offerings, mainly from the club and management, it still hasn't been resolved. IMO, thankfully 2 V V different situ's carmine.

Edited by rijit

Maybe I misread things, but wasnt the modric non play thingy more a unilateral decision with our ari coming out and saying that Modric wasnt right to play, and laterly promptly resolved. Wheras wasnt the teves situ virtually the opposite, with teves virtually publicly refusing to play and the mancine publicly slatting him of, and even with various peace offerings, mainly from the club and management, it still hasn't been resolved. IMO, thankfully 2 V V different situ's carmine.

No, he refused to play against Utd and then also refused to travel with the team. The pathetic "heads not right" was the City game. He was the one who told Redknapp his head wasn't right to play in that one. Classless dwarf. Same as Tevez on both counts.

Levy took a huge gamble on him when no one else in the premier league thought that a talented player of restricted growth could handle the bhysicality. The great english football media said he was too small aswell. We gave him his chance with a long contract.

He's already giving it the "everything is possible" line....

No, he refused to play against Utd and then also refused to travel with the team. The pathetic "heads not right" was the City game. He was the one who told Redknapp his head wasn't right to play in that one. Classless dwarf. Same as Tevez on both counts.

Levy took a huge gamble on him when no one else in the premier league thought that a talented player of restricted growth could handle the bhysicality. The great english football media said he was too small aswell. We gave him his chance with a long contract.

OK if we're discussing August's behaviour then yeah he's a pathetic <deleted> who should have had his head shoved down the toilet the moment he returned to the dressing room.

After his knuckling down and getting on with some football I'm just inclined to think he's going to go on and on this way until he ends up on the bench at Madrid.

For no less than £50m cheers.

OK if we're discussing August's behaviour then yeah he's a pathetic <deleted> who should have had his head shoved down the toilet the moment he returned to the dressing room.

After his knuckling down and getting on with some football I'm just inclined to think he's going to go on and on this way until he ends up on the bench at Madrid.

Off him at the end of the season either way. Hopefully we'll be in the CL and we'll be a fairly attractive option for a decent midfielder who wants to play for us and knows where the net is.

Off him at the end of the season either way. Hopefully we'll be in the CL and we'll be a fairly attractive option for a decent midfielder who wants to play for us and knows where the net is.

Anyone but them.

Anyone but them.

Who's them? Chelsea? Couldn't care less really. They're well suited.