Tottenham Thread

chonabot

We were robbed by a combination of very poor refereeing and disgraceful fouling, one better described as assault.

Being robbed is diferent in my book carms. There's nothing to say you would have won if we had gone down to ten men or nine men. Being robbed in my book is like not getting a goal because he called it off-side but you were a mile on-side. Or not getting a goal awarded even though the ball had gone a yard over the line. Remember that one. Or are you saying you could have only beaten us if we had gone down to nine men?

I understand what you are saying MrB and its fair comment. What i'm saying is we deserved a point, which to honest i would have taken before the game. But obviously if Howard had wore his contact lenses we would have had the considerable advantage of playing nine men.

Mr Lescott is very lucky having his particularily nasty offence overlooked because of the Balotelli stamp. He should also get a four match ban. How he hasn't been cited along with "loveable rogue". that is the stamping coward Balotelli is beyond me.

I suppose once againWebb has managed to make the game all about him.

Give over smokes. One guy does a dirty and all of a sudden we don't play the game in a fair manner? Get a grip man.

I don't understand why he's come on our thread like that really mrboj. Do you? wink.pngneus.gif

If he wants it though we're happy to dish it out...as Ms Bloggs would say..."all day long..." biggrin.png

I think they should award the game to Tottenham, and then deduct City 10 points.

Wait until Kompany comes back then wrongly dismiss him again. Refuse to allow Toure brothers to come back from Africa, and make Silva sign for United.

That way City wont win the league... leave that for United, and with a bit of luck they wont qualify for Europe either.

Lets leave things as they have been for years... I would hate for City to spoil the party.

That way the whingers and moaners can move on and leave little City alone.

While they are at it, declare the Sheikh an unfit owner... give him his money back

I hear what you are saying J&D but we're not Man Yoo. Our players don't kick their opponents in the head. We play good attacking football and try to win the game in a fair manner.

Sound familiar?

No I didn't think so.

Give over smokes. One guy does a dirty and all of a sudden we don't play the game in a fair manner? Get a grip man.

A forearm smash to Kabouls face and a stamp on Parkers face donates TWO players and TWO STRAIGHT REDS Mr B. wink.png

One thing that was proven is that the better teams in the league can go up and attack you. City don't like being pressed deep in their half. I could see that rattling them. Kompany coming back though will add a lot of composure too because Lescott is very average without him and i do reming myself you were unfairly deprived of his presence by yet more poor refereeing decisions.

Would it be fair to say we were lucky last night? Worst performance all season?

Its also very irritating reading on Spurs related sites that Mourinho could leave Real Madrid to coach us in the unfortunate case of Harry's demise. Absolute b*llocks.

But for their keeper making an awful mistake....

We need to freshen up the attack. I know its like a broken record.

Don't know about freshening up the attack. We'll be looking for a new manager in a couple of weeks. I think its safe to say we won't be doing any business in this window. We're better off concentrating on Wigan tuesday night.

Don't know about freshening up the attack. We'll be looking for a new manager in a couple of weeks. I think its safe to say we won't be doing any business in this window. We're better off concentrating on Wigan tuesday night.

Fair point. What a f*kin mess of a January...not that there seem to be many players with "for sale" signs around.

Fair point. What a f*kin mess of a January...not that there seem to be many players with "for sale" signs around.

It is funny how markets 'dry up' isnt it.

I mean say Spurs would like to buy some players probably but they may need to sell some players. It doesnt make any difference if they sell their players at a lower price and buy their new player at a lower price. But it does psychologically. A player was worth x last year so if he is worth x-20% this year it matters even if you might be able to buy some other player for x-20%.

The real problem will come about when clubs realize that the exact worth of a footballer is the amount that someone else is prepared to pay for them. And when you come to sell if that price was dependent on the amount you were willing to buy you will simply be looking around the room trying to work out who the fool is, when if you dont actually know the fool is you.

Imagine if you was doing well this season!...you wouldn't have to keep talking about who you want to buy and who is worth what! just think?

Get rid of VDV for next season that's a must.

Imagine if you was doing well this season!...you wouldn't have to keep talking about who you want to buy and who is worth what! just think?

Get rid of VDV for next season that's a must.

Its very frustrating having 2/3 of a very good side in place being let down by the LB and strikers. Just a few million quid more..biggrin.png

Torres for Suarez was decent business though Abby. Forget the rest and smile.

I think the figures being bandied around for Pav are ludicrous. Take £5m and buy someone else.

Yes but I mean that markets dont work like that.

It is pretty easy to sat if I get 50m for Torres I will pay 35m for Carroll. Or if someone gives me 5m for my pile in the countryside I dont mind paying 2m for a dodgy flat in Pimilico. It is really a game of pass the parcel. What happens though is that when you could have sold your pile for 5m, you are offered only 3m, and then you say my pile was worth 5m so it clearly isnt worth 3m.

So you cant take 5m on Pav because nobody is prepared to sell you a dog for 5m as a replacement. ETC so that is why the market price is the price paid by the willing buyer/willing seller, that there is no such concept of paying above market price, that overvalued has no real worth as a concept unless you can predict price, that predicting price can only have value if there is no significant opportunity cost etc..

Edited by Abrak

Win some lose some. We should take a hit on Pav and bring in a new face even if it costs us an extra £10m. We need a functioning third striker.

You know what smokes, i really wondering what the hell Pav, Dos Santos and Gomes are still doing at the club. They obviously have no future at the club and theres been considerable interest in all three. We could also do with off loading their wages. Despite what others think i still maintain we had an oppotunity to do some good business in this window. .

Edited by carmine

Win some lose some. We should take a hit on Pav and bring in a new face even if it costs us an extra £10m. We need a functioning third striker.

You know what smokes, i really wondering what the hell Pav, Dos Santos and Gomes are still doing at the club. They obviously have no future at the club and theres been considerable interest in all three. We could also do with off loading their wages. Despite what others think i still maintain we had an oppotunity to do some good business in this window. .

Actually the club that I am not surprised has done nothing in the transfer is Spurs.

As I see it you are not likely to win the PL (say less than 5%) and you are equally unlikely not to qualify for CL (say less than 5%). So no desperate need to do much.

Bear in mind that you are likely to have a new manager within 6 months and Levy needs to give him flexibility to rearrange the team and not doing anything seems like a good choice.

<deleted> !

Cheltenham, Watford and now Stevenage. sure you lot haven't got someone working on the inside at the F.A, ? wink.png

An away tie! I believe you lot are at home? Stop yer whinging...violin.gif

beg your pardon sir, i thought i was on the right thread for whinging ! biggrin.png

<deleted> !

Cheltenham, Watford and now Stevenage. sure you lot haven't got someone working on the inside at the F.A, ? wink.png

An away tie! I believe you lot are at home? Stop yer whinging...violin.gif

beg your pardon sir, i thought i was on the right thread for whinging ! biggrin.png

No that one is over here...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/128467-liverpool-fc/page__st__8300

laugh.png