Tottenham Thread

chonabot

For me, after last nights result. tonights game just got bigger. A chance to pull a further two points clear of Chelsea and keep the pressure on manchester.

Fingers crossed the players are properly up for it and not otherwise distracted.

Is that City that you are referring to? a Liverpool win tonight to start your downward spiral.

Not a particulary pretty game to watch, but considering the players we had out a good result. I like the Dawson king pairing at the bac, not quite up to the woodgate and king pairing of ;last season , but with that i'll live. With Dawson as as well a being a solid c/b is a bloody good ball player..Felt for adeboy up front no one had the pace power or nouse to be able to link up with him, and given todays team limitations dont think bales ' free' role got the best out of him, sayin that he could have nicked it. , post match darkileish is still harping on that suarez shouldnt have been banned, well he was and suarez is, imo, one nasty red neck little prick,, aka the kick on parker he 100% should have seen red and currently been serving a 3 match ban, given that the ref saw the push and then the kic red should have been the ONLY option.

Edited by rijit

Why am I looking at that bench and thinking "f'kin hell" when we have about 10 players out on loan?

yeah , i know what u mean. but would have any of the players we loaned out have improved us last night,? me thinks not, were just going into a 'dark period' of the season but it's not down to loanees its ,more down 2 injuries, and that my old mucker, is football and something we and every other team have to live with.

Why am I looking at that bench and thinking "f'kin hell" when we have about 10 players out on loan?

yeah , i know what u mean. but would have any of the players we loaned out have improved us last night,? me thinks not, were just going into a 'dark period' of the season but it's not down to loanees its ,more down 2 injuries, and that my old mucker, is football and something we and every other team have to live with.

I'd have brought on Pienaar for Krankjar 20 mins to go and tried to inject a bit of pace. If only to take the pressure off our defence.

I'd have brought on Pienaar for Krankjar 20 mins to go and tried to inject a bit of pace. If only to take the pressure off our defence.

yeah granted but lennon would have done a better job.

What I can tell you is that Levy is one of the most financially disciplined people I have come across.

1) You have so many people out on loan because the players are the major asset of the club and because you have been so successful this year that he has not needed to sell players to balance your books nor does he apparently seem interested in realizing large mounts of cash for the manager to spend.

2) Your recent acquisitions are very typical Levy in that they avoid a 'maturity mismatch'. Simply put these players are on short term contracts that match the expected current life of your manager.

3) The one thing that Levy does is balance the books. He has always done this historically and any chance of financing a stadium is totally dependent on his financial discipline.

4) Things have turned out very well with your football success. It has meant that a new manager will have a high degree of flexibility in terms of the team and that you have the finance for a decent striker/goalkeeper/etc.

5) The one reason I can guarantee that Levy will not take any financial risk with the club is that the financial discipline he has shown in the past pales into insignificance against financing the new stadium.

Not a particulary pretty game to watch, but considering the players we had out a good result. I like the Dawson king pairing at the bac, not quite up to the woodgate and king pairing of ;last season , but with that i'll live. With Dawson as as well a being a solid c/b is a bloody good ball player..Felt for adeboy up front no one had the pace power or nouse to be able to link up with him, and given todays team limitations dont think bales ' free' role got the best out of him, sayin that he could have nicked it. , post match darkileish is still harping on that suarez shouldnt have been banned, well he was and suarez is, imo, one nasty red neck little prick,, aka the kick on parker he 100% should have seen red and currently been serving a 3 match ban, given that the ref saw the push and then the kic red should have been the ONLY option.

I like Suarez, he's an excellent player but Parker is simply too good for him. Thats twice now the nasty side of him has emerged, i would say out of sheer frustration.

There's already a media frenzy that he's a shoe-in for the England manager job - especially after the recent nonsense with Terry.

Even one of the fan club spokesmen seemed to believe it wasn't a matter of 'if' but 'when'...

You know around about 2 months ago I said that Harry was a decent bet at 25/1 to be the next manager to leave his post. I was told to fuc_k off because I was talking about stuff that I didnt know about (incidentally implying that you did). It would have been a crappy bet as Warnock went first but you still could have got Harry at 50/1 after Warnock. I would like to claim that I bet on him but I didnt (although I did try) but it is too much hassle to do transfers when they wont accept your credit card from Thailand. Smokie showed a vague interest but I doubt he backed it up. In any case the maximum bet appears a couple of 100 quid. I wasnt trying to be an anti Redknapp wanke_r, in fact I have virtually no opinions on anything.

But Harry is currently 4/9 to be the next manager to leave his post.

Anyway who if Harry leaves might be the Spurs manager. I can currently see 4 different odds - with no confidence I could bet on them.

Mourinho between 2 and 4 /1 (snowball in hell)

Moyes 6 or 7/1 (a cant think of anyone else second favourite odd)

Tim Sherwood 7 to 11/1 (never heard of him so is quite likely)

Brendan Rodgers 12/1

Ancellotti 16/1 (you mean to move from the highest salary/highest budget in football which you have spent 2 weeks in)

Then you can name anyone and they are 25/1 jamie Redknapp, Mancini, Hughes Benitez, Bruce or if you want a long shot Terry Venables at 33/1

I remember it well Abrak and gave it due consideration but I don't see him leaving until the summer. I thought he'd get a suspended so wrong on that one at least.

England manager...well its up to them but just shows a lack of candidates in my opinion.

The job should be a long contract to Pearce. And I mean 10 years.

• Like 1

Out of interest any of you Spurs supporter want to make a wild guess as who Levy will appoint as manager if Redknapp leaves (I bet that will be a nice little earner for the club)

The current favorites are ....

Mourinho 2/1 (really?)

Moyes 5/1 (sensible but unimaginative)

Sherwood 9/1

Pretty much everyone else is pretty long odds.

Out of interest any of you Spurs supporter want to make a wild guess as who Levy will appoint as manager if Redknapp leaves (I bet that will be a nice little earner for the club)

Mourinho 2/1 (really?)

Sherwood 9/1

Mourinho not a chance

Moyes has no european experience and honestly can anyone see him taking us to the next level?

Sherwood would be a ridiculous appointment. Who's saying he's a favourite?

Mourinho 2/1 (really?)

Sherwood 9/1

Mourinho not a chance

Moyes has no european experience and honestly can anyone see him taking us to the next level?

So here is an easy link.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/tottenham-specials/next-permanent-manager

It is a little sparsely populated at the moment because it is early in the day.

Obviously I could have mentioned

Hughes

O'Neill

Ancellotti

who are also vaguely fancied but have just taken new jobs in the past couple of months. I agree that Spurs might wish to choose to select Ancelotti even if it cost them a bunch but I suspect it would be massively hard to lure him away from what I imagine is a grossly overpaid job combined with an almost infinite budget.

Mourinho 2/1 (really?)

Sherwood 9/1

Mourinho not a chance

So here is an easy link.

http://www.oddscheck...rmanent-manager

It is a little sparsely populated at the moment because it is early in the day.

Obviously I could have mentioned

Hughes

O'Neill

Ancellotti

who are also vaguely fancied but have just taken new jobs in the past couple of months. I agree that Spurs might wish to choose to select Ancelotti even if it cost them a bunch but I suspect it would be massively hard to lure him away from what I imagine is a grossly overpaid job combined with an almost infinite budget.

Ancelotti would have been fine. O'Neil, no thanks and Hughes a disaster!

BTW what is exactly the next level?

I mean you are 3rd whilst spending approximately half what the two teams in front of you do?

I mean I am sure that Mancini claims he has taken City to the next level but we all know it is Mansour who did it?

Once you have qualified for CL, is the job of the next manager to win it? Because it is a bit unfair to expect that with a half/third of the resources of your competitors?

I mean you are 3rd whilst spending approximately half what the two teams in front of you do?

I mean I am sure that Mancini claims he has taken City to the next level but we all know it is Mansour who did it?

Once you have qualified for CL, is the job of the next manager to win it? Because it is a bit unfair to expect that with a half/third of the resources of your competitors?

The next level would be slightly better than we are now. Simple as that. (If that meant getting to the semis or even a repeat of our last CL campaign then great.)

You talk about money like its the be all and end all but i seem to remember Porto winning it not so long ago, not that i'm for a minute suggesting we will btw.

The next level would be slightly better than we are now. Simple as that. (If that meant getting to the semis or even a repeat of our last CL campaign then great.)

You talk about money like its the be all and end all but i seem to remember Porto winning it not so long ago, not that i'm for a minute suggesting we will btw.

Add Arsenal to that. They played in a CL final not long ago and spent precious little!

Is Lennon back for Newcastle?

So getting back to more mundane matters...will our manager be able to select him on the right wing on Saturday?

I thought it was fairly obvious smokes that by the lack of replies we don't know the answer to your question. biggrin.png

So getting back to more mundane matters...will our manager be able to select him on the right wing on Saturday?

I thought it was fairly obvious smokes that by the lack of replies we don't know the answer to your question. biggrin.png

I knew that. I'm just bored with the whole 'Arry circus...

I knew that. I'm just bored with the whole 'Arry circus...

Well i'm afraid they'll be no avoiding it. Its certainly going to do us no favours. I grimaced when i heard capello had gone and the Redknapp speculation is not going to help us one bit

Well i'm afraid they'll be no avoiding it. Its certainly going to do us no favours. I grimaced when i heard capello had gone and the Redknapp speculation is not going to help us one bit

Tim <deleted> Sherwood. Give Abrak a slap for that one. Can't see him leaving until the end of the season so there's time yet at least to find a decent replacement.