Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Interesting blog on a Spurs site suggesting Didier Deschamps as a possible replacement. I think it is realistic appointment. He's relatively young, very good record and has CL experience. His name and reputation could help in us keeping the likes of Modric a bit longer and also might bode well in our chase to sign Loic Remy who is absolute quality.

A fine win that was yesterday. I thought Krankjar was excellent, also Adebayor and Saha. Just wish Modric would have a few more pops at goal.

Minor quibble however on an excellent display against a possible CL team next year.

Yes whatever smokes but more importantly did you notice Suarez's arm raised at the point of the handshake that never was. Forearm smash to Evra's face was on its way but the ref was on the spot. ohmy.png

We're ten points clear of the filth behind us! smile.png

Still we could do with upping the goal difference over the next few games. Wouldn't you agree? wink.png

Interesting blog on a Spurs site suggesting Didier Deschamps as a possible replacement. I think it is realistic appointment. He's relatively young, very good record and has CL experience. His name and reputation could help in us keeping the likes of Modric a bit longer and also might bode well in our chase to sign Loic Remy who is absolute quality.

A fine win that was yesterday. I thought Krankjar was excellent, also Adebayor and Saha. Just wish Modric would have a few more pops at goal.

Minor quibble however on an excellent display against a possible CL team next year.

Yes whatever smokes but more importantly did you notice Suarez's arm raised at the point of the handshake that never was. Forearm smash to Evra's face was on its way but the ref was on the spot. ohmy.png

We're ten points clear of the filth behind us! smile.png

Still we could do with upping the goal difference over the next few games. Wouldn't you agree? wink.png

The next two league games are about the points. The represent what might be the defining moment of our season. I'll be more interested in goal diference after those two fixtures.. We should be looking for three points at Arsenal btw.

If we come through our next two with all the points i think manchester will start to worry about us for the first time especially when they check out our run in

Edited by carmine

The next two league games are about the points. The represent what might be the defining moment of our season. I'll be more interested in goal diference after those two fixtures.. We should be looking for three points at Arsenal btw.

If we come through our next two with all the points i think manchester will start to worry about us for the first time especially when they check out our run in

I'm feeling confident about both of those matches carms. Barring the ref for the manure game.

More concerned about Everton to be honest. biggrin.png

I'm feeling confident about both of those matches carms. Barring the ref for the manure game.

No reason not to be confident.

So what do you think about Deschamps? He's a really good fit for us. Took Monaco to the CL final, won the french league with Marseilles, can work with tighter budgets, never been sacked which is a rarity. Plays good open football. His contract runs out in june so he'll a free agent so no compensation package, so effectively the FA will pay his wages via Harry compensation.

I'd be happy with him and its much more realistic than Mourinho i believe.

So what do you think about Deschamps? He's a really good fit for us. Took Monaco to the CL final, won the french league with Marseilles, can work with tighter budgets, never been sacked which is a rarity. Plays good open football. His contract runs out in june so he'll a free agent so no compensation package, so effectively the FA will pay his wages via Harry compensation.

The only realistic replacement touted so far is what I think. I still hope we have the same manager next season....but yeah he would fit the bill.

The only realistic replacement touted so far is what I think. I still hope we have the same manager next season....but yeah he would fit the bill.

Well it really is the only realistic name so far. Harry will go to England and he he stays with us until the end of the season then fair play to him.

Only other names to add with the experience are Benitez and Mourinho obviously on the proviso he's available without a massive compensation package which appears unlikely. The fly in the ointment could be Villas-Boas getting the boot which could well happen. They'd take a serious look at Deschamps too.

Edited by carmine

Look at little migsy pop up out of nowhere!

Excuse me I'm not so little I'll have you know!

And smokes! Sheesh @ scrape

Although have to admit there was a moment when my heart did skip a beat

Lol

Look at little migsy pop up out of nowhere!

Excuse me I'm not so little I'll have you know!

And smokes! Sheesh @ scrape

Although have to admit there was a moment when my heart did skip a beat

Lol

So tell me migsy is it damage limitation against us at the Library or do you think you can nick a point?giggle.gif

Edited by carmine

Well it really is the only realistic name so far. Harry will go to England and he he stays with us until the end of the season then fair play to him.

Only other names to add with the experience are Benitez and Mourinho obviously on the proviso he's available without a massive compensation package which appears unlikely. The fly in the ointment could be Villas-Boas getting the boot which could well happen. They'd take a serious look at Deschamps too.

The Russian crook aint spending the money and we have a much better team. Chelski are barely competition for us any more.

Arsenal will likely take fourth spot. There you are migsy...chew on that bone for a while...biggrin.png

23 years since Spurs beat United at Old Trafford.

11 years since you beat us.

In the Premier League's 15 year history you have only beat us twice both at the Lane.

Them referee's must have cost United some money down the years Carmine.Roll on the 4th March! biggrin.png

In the Premier League's 15 year history you have only beat us twice both at the Lane.

Them referee's must have cost United some money down the years Carmine.Roll on the 4th March! biggrin.png

We've beaten you more than twice. Its only when you add the ref/linesmen contribution your record looks so good.

Great performance by adeboy, IMO has got to go down as one of the top performances i've seen in a tottenham shirt since ??? never saw it but john whites virtuoso performance at Glasgow rangers or was it the cup winners cup final the little winger was it dyson? won it for us didnt see either, well b4 my time but read great things about them, Anyway any way. felt for Newcastle the taylors were a big miss for them, and a big up for Pardew for coming out and saying the blame was his, and quite frankly a proportion it probably was but dont think many/any teams could have lived with us yesterday.

And if ari comes out, as I fully expect him 2 , and say he's off to manage england at the end off the season, I for one would not rule the squad pulling together and going on an awesome run and pushing man city all the way for the title. Lets just hope man city slip a little bit b4 the end of the season, just how costly will that fuc_kin stupid king tackle prove to be???

Oh and yeah dechump, looks a good fit but so did the last french man who took the reins at the lane santorini? scuze the spelling, Tend to Tempremental boys the french, would he be able to handle the venomous politics at the lane, water of a duc's bac to our ari but to an newbie to the prem Ive got doubts. hyjinks or crapello still favs for me.

I can't bear reading this self-laudatory thread any longer. So many years of stored-up hurt on display here. jap.gif

And will you please stick your arrogant St Totteringham Day right where the sun don't shine. The way things are going you won't be smugly grinning about that one for quite a time to come. jap.gif

I'm not so sure about utd paying ref's off , but one thing i'm pretty sure about is that you and your benign stat's

may raise a smile in the north of England, but anywhere else, frankly, they're rather dull !!!

And i really hope you don't have to rely on the pensioner brigade against us , I know giggs and scholes have, probably, been your best

players recently but I don't think it would be a fair match if you couldn't put out your full strength team,

Edited by rijit

I'm not so sure about utd paying ref's off , but one thing i'm pretty sure about is that you and your benign stat's

may raise a smile in the north of England, but anywhere else, frankly, they're rather dull !!!

And i really hope you don't have to rely on the pensioner brigade against us , I know giggs and scholes have, probably, been your best

players recently but I don't think it would be a fair match if you couldn't put out your full strength team,

Dull? 11 years since you beat us in the league clap2.gif i would say that is a pretty lively stat to keep you up for another game against us!

Now then.....what is United's full strength team? because we at United don't know that one coffee1.gif

Dull? 11 years since you beat us in the league clap2.gif i would say that is a pretty lively stat to keep you up for another game against us!

Now then.....what is United's full strength team? because we at United don't know that one coffee1.gif

Bleat on about your poxy stats as much as you want but you know full well we would have won twice at OT if it wasn't for referees. I don't count Howard because for me he's a Utd player.

Well scholes has, arguably, recently been your best player, dont think it would be a fair match if you put the 'old man' up against the energy from the likes of parker and modric the pace and power of bale and sandro,and you know whaat ging' minge does when he gets beaten, he kics out' so if scholes does play, lets just hope fergie hasnt hit the bottle b4 he does the post match interveiws, one emabarassement would be enuf for your club to handlecoffee1.gif

Bleat on about your poxy stats as much as you want but you know full well we would have won twice at OT if it wasn't for referees. I don't count Howard because for me he's a Utd player.

Take no notice Carms, historical stats mean nothing. No one would have predicted us to have given them the spanking of their lives at OT but we did. United are suspect at the back and if you go out to attack them, with the team you have now, you'll score. Of that I am sure.