Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Adebayor showed why he's worth a big contract as well....

Is it from the mouth of Smokes that your going to buy him?

I must admit, I was screaming for either you or Swansea to score another at 2-1. JustinCredible had 2-1 has his banker!!

Meanwhile I'm relying on MrRed's suspensions to save me from the wooden spoon...biggrin.png

Season long ban,? sort it out mr bo!!! dont make it so that were gonna have to put up with that utd fans irritating smugness when they win the title.

• Like 1

I must admit, I was screaming for either you or Swansea to score another at 2-1. JustinCredible had 2-1 has his banker!!

Meanwhile I'm relying on MrRed's suspensions to save me from the wooden spoon...biggrin.png

Season long ban,? sort it out mr bo!!! dont make it so that were gonna have to put up with that utd fans irritating smugness when they win the title.

Nah...instead of closing the Man Yoo in decline thread....giggle.gif

Yeah good point carmine best we forget about corners after all them and free kics, rightly or wrongly, don't really matter and never have had a place in English football have they!!!, I dont know what the average goal per corner is, but one in 30 even 40 sounds reasonable and where would that put our goal ave compared to arsenals, yeah but sori i forgot corners they're over rated!!!! and just to ad to that vdv is just so good at reading and picking on little things/mistakes/ knock-downs aka yesterdays goal, in the box, its almost a criminal waste having him over at the corner flag, give the corners to modric, we'd be stronger for it., But yeah. thought that ari's tactical game was good yesterday, that our work ethic and bale made the difference.

The stats are that only 1 in 20 goals derive directly from a corner. And i don't think i mentioned free kicks did i?

Don't make yourself sound like a prize plum on a monday morning rij, its too early in the week.

I've edited to add that if you had done your homework before posting you would be aware that Spurs are not a tall team, with the exception of Kaboul and adebayor, both standing at 6' 4". Swansea were poor defensively as they have been all seaon but against a well drilled premier league defense it is particularily difficult for us.

Edited by carmine

Yeah good point carmine best we forget about corners after all them and free kics, rightly or wrongly, don't really matter and never have had a place in English football have they!!!, I dont know what the average goal per corner is, but one in 30 even 40 sounds reasonable and where would that put our goal ave compared to arsenals, yeah but sori i forgot corners they're over rated!!!! and just to ad to that vdv is just so good at reading and picking on little things/mistakes/ knock-downs aka yesterdays goal, in the box, its almost a criminal waste having him over at the corner flag, give the corners to modric, we'd be stronger for it., But yeah. thought that ari's tactical game was good yesterday, that our work ethic and bale made the difference.

VDV up until today had a goal return of 3 in 20. Oh and btw, do you really think that Modric's corners are any better than those of VDV?

Anyway, the stats that don't talk <deleted> Rij wink.png prove that corners are infact overated as i've already informed you.

Edited by carmine

I'm not getting into this argument gents...so long as we don't let BAE take any!! biggrin.png

Why ever not smokes? Could it be that you also know the stats don't lie?

Great strike by VDV btw but don't you think with his form over recent weeks/months he was lucky to be playing?

tongue.png

No the stats dont talk bollacks carmine , but some people do. the thing withs stats is that some people just use them to moan and others try to be constructive with them.

4 sure carmine, you can google it and appear to sit bac and be all the wiser, but lets not forget stats can be packaged to suit, but best u stick by your 'own' sweet view, corners are over rated, i'm sure your 'own' 'view is 'insightful and its positivity is universally helpful, and if we lose out to arsenal 4 third spot on goal difference, and have to qualify for the champs league, Well lets not go there.

and no there's nothing sure that modrics corners be better or worse than van der varts, but What i am sure of, is in the box van der vart poses more of a goal threat than modric and VDV poor recent goal scorin stats

could well be improved if somebody else were takin the corner's and he was in the box lookin for those little tap in's and knock downs he's makes look easy and is good at converting, aka yesterdays goal and all the ones he picked up from crouchy. Or perhaps you or should i say google wouldn't agree with that!!!!

No the stats dont talk bollacks carmine , but some people do. the thing withs stats is that some people just use them to moan and others try to be constructive with them.

4 sure carmine, you can google it and appear to sit bac and be all the wiser, but lets not forget stats can be packaged to suit, but best u stick by your 'own' sweet view, corners are over rated, i'm sure your 'own' 'view is 'insightful and its positivity is universally helpful, and if we lose out to arsenal 4 third spot on goal difference, and have to qualify for the champs league, Well lets not go there.

and no there's nothing sure that modrics corners be better or worse than van der varts, but What i am sure of, is in the box van der vart poses more of a goal threat than modric and VDV poor recent goal scorin stats

could well be improved if somebody else were takin the corner's and he was in the box lookin for those little tap in's and knock downs he's makes look easy and is good at converting, aka yesterdays goal and all the ones he picked up from crouchy. Or perhaps you or should i say google wouldn't agree with that!!!!

To be honest i think you're talking a load of poo.

btw Couchy plays for another team now thank the Lord so he's irrelevent to any debate on this thread. 3 in 20 ain't good enough no matter how you dress it up and in his current form Defoe should probably have played. how you can't grasp the concept of corners and our team in particular is beyond me.

To be honest i think you're talking a load of poo.

btw Couchy plays for another team now thank the Lord so he's irrelevent to any debate on this thread. 3 in 20 ain't good enough no matter how you dress it up and in his current form Defoe should probably have played. how you can't grasp the concept of corners and our team in particular is beyond me.

Unfortunately Sounds like 'beyond you' about sum's it up

Edited by rijit

sorry, the true believers, about to board the plane for the land of idiots,wallys and about 1 in 10 good fellas, no, i am not talking about those west of the seven sisters but thailand.

corners, set pieces, i think harry doesnt give a thought to them, sometime the lads set pieces look like a fight between balotelli and richard gough, i think they need too be sorted out.

a pundit (mark bosnich, good goalkeeper, half wit druggie) in australia said, that winning the cup for spurs was more important than qualifying third for the league, i am not sure which is.

love the lads, love the thread, coys coys coys

sorry, the true believers, about to board the plane for the land of idiots,wallys and about 1 in 10 good fellas, no, i am not talking about those west of the seven sisters but thailand.

corners, set pieces, i think harry doesnt give a thought to them, sometime the lads set pieces look like a fight between balotelli and richard gough, i think they need too be sorted out.

a pundit (mark bosnich, good goalkeeper, half wit druggie) in australia said, that winning the cup for spurs was more important than qualifying third for the league, i am not sure which is.

love the lads, love the thread, coys coys coys

Its all about CL and auto qualification for third would be fantastic in attracting top players.

Our chances of achieving this and a cup win have recently increased dramatically because Redknapp has just openly conceded that 4-4-2 doesn't work and were much better in a 4-2-3-1. Better late than never. Big game on saturday and i reckon a tight one but a win for us.

Interesting situation arising over the placement of the very talented Stephen Caulker next season. Swansea are obviously desperate to keep him. And ofcourse there he will play regular first team football and this will further improve him.

Or, do we bring him back at the end of the season. Add to this the obvious interest we have in Jan Vertogon the Ajax captain. Bare in mind gallas will be 35 years old and Ledley is well, ledley, and Ryan Nelson will be past it.

i think we should take a chance on a first team pairing of Caulker and Kaboul and use the 10m to spend elsewhere. i rate Caulker better than Dawson and Gallas and King spend too much time injured.

Its a risk but this could be the make up of a Spurs back four for a few years to come and we really could do with some continuity at the back.

Yes Caulker Kaboul BAE and Walker would be a settled back four choice for the next few years. We really need a young keeper not a central defender.

Cover on the right side of midfield as well and oh yeah...a striker......

Yes Caulker Kaboul BAE and Walker would be a settled back four choice for the next few years. We really need a young keeper not a central defender.

well thats it then mate. we'll get Eden Hazard Loic Remy and spend the rest on a keeper. Sorted.

well thats it then mate. we'll get Eden Hazard Loic Remy and spend the rest on a keeper. Sorted.

I'd prefer Cavani myself....

Ide be surprised if we get hazard or remy, both I would suspect go to one of the top paying clubs ie barca madrid or man city

As for c/bs dawson king caulker kaboul gallas and or nelson sounds well enuf coverage

we need some extra pace down the flanks, lose bale or lennon and were not quite fuced but we certainly aint the full flowing package

someone like hollet, moses or even sessignon may well be good value

as for the midfield, well were ok at at the mo, if Modric goes than we will need to look to replace him, which wont be easy

Oh and we will have to replace adeboy, for sure we wont pay himm 200 g a week , so he will be off bac to man city,he's not really mancines style but somewhere

along the line city will have to cull the wasteful/stupid spending so maybe he will go bac in place of dzekko, but i could be

wrong

Edited by rijit

Oh and we will have to replace adeboy, for sure we wont pay himm 200 g a week , so he will be off bac to man city,he's not really mancines style but somewhere

along the line city will have to cull the wasteful/stupid spending so maybe he will go bac in place of dzekko, but i could be

wrong

The City players were saying how much they missed him and what a great guy he is. We'll have to see if Mancini goes or not but we really should be making the most of what we have bought. I'd put Ade on the park befroe Dzecko every time.

wrong

The City players were saying how much they missed him and what a great guy he is. We'll have to see if Mancini goes or not but we really should be making the most of what we have bought. I'd put Ade on the park befroe Dzecko every time.

We can't afford to keep Adebayor. Anyway he'll be back at City shortly after Mourinho takes over from Mancini on june 30th. Adebayor in, Ballotelli out...seems like a decent bit of business to me.

Edited by mrbojangles
Fixed quote

I know you're moderator and stuff that can't be discussed.

But to come into the Tottenham thread and publicly say that we are only 1 point ahead of your team. With a smirk!

I asume that you think we're good for 3rd. Chelsea are gone in the league! And who are Liverpool these days?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

hard game against a team that's priority was not to lose, 11 men defending, dificult to break down. Our approach play was good but once again when we get the ball in the box our threat some how seems weak. but hey ho . Bout time man city did them selves a favour and us and give the arse wipes a pasting

:huh:

y0u guys g0t a p0int at a time when we need y0u t0 I0se p0ints

that upsets me 0fc0urse I wiII say it upsets me

has n0thing t0 d0 with whether Im a m0derat0r 0r n0t

if part 0f being a m0derat0r requires that I have t0 be happy when my rivaIs win then I w0uId quit the n0n j0b right n0w ;)

Sort out those 0's migsy!

Yes we're third....

Need a new keyboard. Better still, a new laptop!

Someone took an objection to me stating that you are now in third :lol:

Maybe he's thinking 4 is your lucky number? :D

You guys could do worse than taking Mancini once the Arabs have discarded him. He's learned a lot this year and could be a great manager by the time he's 50. $hit he's even likeable.

You guys could do worse than taking Mancini once the Arabs have discarded him. He's learned a lot this year and could be a great manager by the time he's 50. $hit he's even likeable.

I'm still not convinced by him. Arsenal played very well and deservedly won against a City side that was more concerned about not losing.

Mancini also should have heeded the words of Mourinho with regards to young mario. that guy is a divisive character without the ability of say, tevez. i also don't like the mannar in which he handles his players. i'm of the belief that bollockings are done behind closed doors.

Regards taking over at Spurs, i wouldn't be against him so much as aprehensive that he has actually learnt from this season. Baring in mind the squad he has full of seasoned pro's i have to say he's disappointed and has been handed a managerial lesson by Ferguson in every department.

Whats it going to take to stop him playing 4-4-2? Unbelievable. What did Redknapp really expect?!

Norwich were clearly the better side. very impressed with them, and they had a big shout for a penalty. Kaboul and King were all over the place. The decline in King over the second half of the season is marked.

CL seems rather distant and on that performance, beyond us.

I have to agree, King has made far too many mistakes, is not closing down and is far too slow now.

And whilst Bale and Lennon make great runs, they dilly dally with multiple step-overs before delivering pretty poor final balls most of the time, maybe they have to dilly dally to wait for our strikers to get into the box as they've ran too fast.

Adebayor seems to have dropped off in performance, his first touch with back to goal keeps giving the ball away.

It's been a very disappointing couple of months (1 win in 8), Arsenal moving clear and Newcastle and Chelsea breathing down our necks! Not happy!angry.png

Whats it going to take to stop him playing 4-4-2? Unbelievable. What did Redknapp really expect?!

Norwich were clearly the better side. very impressed with them, and they had a big shout for a penalty. Kaboul and King were all over the place. The decline in King over the second half of the season is marked.

CL seems rather distant and on that performance, beyond us.

Always said you would finish out of the top four.