Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well i didn't see this one. Very happy to eat my words. Great goal by Defoe to open his account for this year.

Spot on substitions by AVB. Great character shown by everyone.

yeah good management from villas boas there. stark contrast to mancini who looks a bit lost at sea. cracking comeback though, fair play.

• Like 1

Thanks lads great win, and i hope we can repay the favour and beat Arsenal and help you get third.

yes mate i hope that, bring back big jim holton, he made joe jordan look like a parking meter attendant

Big Jim,,, remember him i was at hillsbourgh when he broke his leg game finished 4-4 in 2nd division.

6ft 2 eyes are blue big jim holtons after you

• Like 1

Well done lads. Don't know what happened to us for 6 and a half minutes. TBH I don't feel pished off one bit and I hope you get a top 4, you deserve it for the way you have played through the whole season. It's always cruel when a team sneaks up and takes it and I'd sooner you guys get a Champ League slot than Arsenal. They finally might get to lose their seeding rights in the Champs League when they next qualify.

Well done lads. Don't know what happened to us for 6 and a half minutes. TBH I don't feel pished off one bit and I hope you get a top 4, you deserve it for the way you have played through the whole season. It's always cruel when a team sneaks up and takes it and I'd sooner you guys get a Champ League slot than Arsenal. They finally might get to lose their seeding rights in the Champs League when they next qualify.

I love that you always have a blue moon trajectory even in the light of day.

Cheers mrboj! clap2.gif

Cheers mrboj! clap2.gif

tongue.png

You better make that game in hand count smokes.

Great result, tbh at 1-0 down i thought we were done, big up 2 vb for his subs, made a huge difference almost as much as the equalizing goal, which then seemed to pull man city forward and we could then get in behind them. tbh i was surprised to see aseo boy start, but thought 'the boy did good' as did all our defenders, actually not quite true, walker is so good getting forward , but not so hot at times defending, perhaps carmines idea might be worth a go at some point. Adeboy was poor but didnt get much service and dempsey is on coarse for an average to good first season,, hudds coming on seemed to steady the boat, is that a marker for parkers departure? anyway happy happy days even more so if we can do the chavs!!!!!

Did anyone notice the difference in the passing abilities of Parker and Huddlestone?! laugh.png

Hudd was looking like the player of old and i would start him against Wigan. Immediate impact. I haven't been impressed with Parker this season and when Sandro's fit i can't see him getting much game time.

Huddlestone is much younger and offers us a more flexible midfield option. No one has his passing range either, whereas Parker seems to struggle completing anything over five yards.

Thoughts anyone?

Did anyone notice the difference in the passing abilities of Parker and Huddlestone?! laugh.png

Hudd was looking like the player of old and i would start him against Wigan. Immediate impact. I haven't been impressed with Parker this season and when Sandro's fit i can't see him getting much game time.

Huddlestone is much younger and offers us a more flexible midfield option. No one has his passing range either, whereas Parker seems to struggle completing anything over five yards.

Thoughts anyone?

Yes carms the game seemed to get a lot more spread out when Hudd starting knocking long passes about, none of Parkers and Dembeles 5 yd passes.Perhaps he can start to use Parker with Hudd and push Dembele further forward or perhaps just stick with Hudd and Dembele.

Not forgetting Holtby who also seemed to make a difference and was more adventerous with his passing.

Thoughts anyone?

Yes carms the game seemed to get a lot more spread out when Hudd starting knocking long passes about, none of Parkers and Dembeles 5 yd passes.Perhaps he can start to use Parker with Hudd and push Dembele further forward or perhaps just stick with Hudd and Dembele.

Not forgetting Holtby who also seemed to make a difference and was more adventerous with his passing.

Yes Holtby brings an intensity to the game. Gets stuck in, always snapping at the other team. He and Hudd really upped the tempo which is exactly what we needed. Also when we are short of someone like Lennon we need someone with a different gameplan and i think Huddlestone and his accurate long range passing offers just that.

Funny, whilst Villas-Boas looked at the whole picture and reacted with telling changes Mancini just sat there and watched it all pan out. Coupled with a post match interview saying they were in full control for eighty minutes which they clearly were not, ( a more sensible reflection would have just stated in control for the first half) and his seeming amazement at how they lost, i found him rather bizarre. Certainly wouldn't be happy with his management if i were a City fan.

Should Nasri be punished for the very deliberate foot in on Walker? That was a leg breaker and he knew exactly what he was doing. BAE also guilty of a nasty one but saved worse punishment by some very decent sportsmanship by Zabaletta

Edited by carmine

Last season Parker was everywhere....when we lost the ball he was reading the game so well. Really can't fathom what's wrong with him this season at all.

Great to see Huddlestone getting back to his best....which is very good indeed.

AVB showing why he is a top manager....very happy with his decisions yesterday.

Now when he says buy this or that player maybe our chairman will bloody well listen.

• Like 1

Last season Parker was everywhere....when we lost the ball he was reading the game so well. Really can't fathom what's wrong with him this season at all.

Now when he says buy this or that player maybe our chairman will bloody well listen.

Levy always listens he just won't spend. If we do finish in the top four he will offer that as a reason why we didn't need to buy one in jan as opposed to the real reasoning being Bales form and a degree of luck with injuries

Levy always listens he just won't spend. If we do finish in the top four he will offer that as a reason why we didn't need to buy one in jan as opposed to the real reasoning being Bales form and a degree of luck with injuries

You look at the top sides we have beaten this season and just think how much further we could go with a stronger squad....just two or three players off a title challenge.

Its very frustrating.

Thoughts anyone?

Huddlestone or Parker?

It's a difficult one cos Hudd lacks pace and struggles to track back quickly to make defensive challenges unlike Parker.

And Parker has very poor passing ability to unlock defences, unlike Hudd.

I think AVB, will use them depending on the opposition and the scoreline as he did yesterday.

yeah huddlestone defo seem to make a difference and his form seems to be approaching where he was pre injury, which just goes to show how long it takes 4 these 'elite' athletes,post injury, to get back that extra bit, that maybe makes them 'stand out' in the first place, its taken hudd's what? best part of a season?, parker, still aint there and neither is asseo boy.

Edited by rijit

yeah huddlestone defo seem to make a difference and his form seems to be approaching where he was pre injury, which just goes to show how long it takes 4 these 'elite' athletes,post injury, to get back that extra bit, that maybe makes them 'stand out' in the first place, its taken hudd's what? best part of a season?, parker, still aint there and neither is asseo boy.

If BAE ever gets there it will be a first. His distribution is shocking at times.

If BAE ever gets there it will be a first. His distribution is shocking at times.

Smokie!!!! He turned in some excellent performances at the end of last season, but atm I don't think he's any where near totally match fit, lending imo 4 him to be caught out of position a touch 2 often aka man cities goal but his distribution, as you and carmine have mentioned it , I looked reasonably closely on Sunday, and tbh i didn't think it was that terrible, certainly no worse than walkers.

Cheers mrboj! clap2.gif

Its called being bitter.

Cheers mrboj! clap2.gif

Its called being bitter.

Mmmm. Not sure how you come to that conclusion from what I wrote above.

Your inference about Arsenal"s Champions League seeding being better than one season wonders,you have forgotten that they have been in the champions league a lot longer than your lot?

Your inference about Arsenal"s Champions League seeding being better than one season wonders,you have forgotten that they have been in the champions league a lot longer than your lot?

But what have they won in any competition in the last 8/9 years? Apart from advancing in the Champs League due to getting easy groups, they haven't done anything. The Champs League seeding structure is garbage.

We won the FA Cup in 2010/11

Premier League 2011/12

An a strong possibility of the FA Cup this year.

That might equate to one season wonders in a RAGS eyes but not in mine. What did you win last season? Maybe you are just this seasons wonders.

• Like 1

Smokie!!!! He turned in some excellent performances at the end of last season, but atm I don't think he's any where near totally match fit, lending imo 4 him to be caught out of position a touch 2 often aka man cities goal but his distribution, as you and carmine have mentioned it , I looked reasonably closely on Sunday, and tbh i didn't think it was that terrible, certainly no worse than walkers.

I agree to a point in that he has not has enough game time. I also like the very decent ball control he has for a defender. Problem with BAE is his passing and success rate is 74% completion which is the worst in our defense.

I think he's a good left back but simply not suited to AVB's style of play which isn't his fault just the result of changing managers

I agree to a point in that he has not has enough game time. I also like the very decent ball control he has for a defender. Problem with BAE is his passing and success rate is 74% completion which is the worst in our defense.

I think he's a good left back but simply not suited to AVB's style of play which isn't his fault just the result of changing managers

yeah figures cant lie carm , but i look around and 'visually' compare his distribution and it aint noticeably worse than a lot of left side players in the prem. But yeah you could be right bout him not suiting vb's 'preferred' style, but the same was said bout Dawson and vb saw his initial doubts through and now?? but saying that it's all probably a little to late for asseoboy, as has been said b4 its more or less a given he's on his way in the summer, and the plus from that is rose looks to have stepped up and could well be ready for a starting spot.biggrin.png giving levyw00t.gif a few more coffers towards the quality striker we've needed all season.

And you never know asri may convince the air boys of qpr that parker is the boy to lead them back into the prem and come in with a silly offer!!! 7 mil would be double nicelaugh.png

Rose coming through is a big bonus. I think BAE is out of sorts because he isn't getting game time and for that i don't blame him and i don't really understand the benefit of playing the right footed Naughton instead of him. I suppose if he is on his way they will bring back Rose and use Vertonghen as a stand in.

It looks really good next season if Kaboul and Sandro are back fit. You might be right about Parker because Levy will want something from him. A lot might depend on whether they feel Livermore is good enough as a stand in for Sandro. I'm not entirely sure he is.

But generally speaking the defense, goal keepers, all sound. In the midfield, Sandro will be back, Townsend recalled as cover for both wings.

Its that time again soon.................buy a bloody striker.

Rose coming through is a big bonus. I think BAE is out of sorts because he isn't getting game time and for that i don't blame him and i don't really understand the benefit of playing the right footed Naughton instead of him. I suppose if he is on his way they will bring back Rose and use Vertonghen as a stand in.

It looks really good next season if Kaboul and Sandro are back fit. You might be right about Parker because Levy will want something from him. A lot might depend on whether they feel Livermore is good enough as a stand in for Sandro. I'm not entirely sure he is.

But generally speaking the defense, goal keepers, all sound. In the midfield, Sandro will be back, Townsend recalled as cover for both wings.

Thinking about what you said bout holtby 'snapping' at players when he came on tother day, made me start thinking. perhaps he could, at a push, do parkers job? if the need arose, not sure on that one though, but just a thought

Edited by rijit

Thinking about what you said bout holtby 'snapping' at players when he came on tother day, made me start thinking. perhaps he could, at a push, do parkers job? if the need arose, not sure on that one though, but just a thought

i think the option of Holtby dropping back has been sounded out. It could well work too. I think he's a really good signing for us. I particularily like the enthusiasm and agression he brings. It unsettled City in the second half.

Can't help thinking what a really good side we would be with Kaboul and Sandro back and a world class striker. Mindyou i'm sure i'm not alone in being sick of the sound of Leandro Damiao rumours

Apart from his last season thats the position he played with Schalke.

Edited by alfieconn